Deploying more than one lance at the same time

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GarfunkeL

Lt. General
14 Badges
Jun 13, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Are there mods that allow that? Is it technically possible? There are so many Mechs with so many configurations, it's killing me that I can only use four in a battle.

Yes, there is an exceptionally fine mod from CWolfs for additional Lances. It has also been incorporated into some of the leading BATTLETECH MegaMods too. All these and more can be found on GitHub.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I believe there are actually 2 separate mods that are often included together. Cwolf's Mission Control mod allows more dynamic contracts (bigger maps, more spawn locations, extra enemies, bigger lances, dynamic withdrawal, etc.), and BiggerDrops by Morphyum (I think) that allows the player to drop more than 4 mechs (up to 8 mechs and 4 vehicles in some implementations).

Mike

• 1Like
Reactions:
Excellent news, thank you lads.

For people Googling about this in the future, the updated Bigger Drops is here: MOD Edit: no unapproved links

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigger Drops works flawlessly with random battles but unfortunately does not seem to work with campaign/story missions. Or is there a setting somewhere that I need to modify?

EDIT:

You need to edit Mission Control settings via Notepad and switch BiggerDrops working with Flashpoints and Story missions from FALSE to TRUE.

EDIT2: I was wondering why you guys didn't post links but now I see why. I guess approved links don't exist? :p

Last edited:
I guess approved links don't exist?
They do, but have to be approved by an administrator:

"7. {No External Links} You will not post a link to an external website or forum without prior approval of an Administrator. (Sites with no user interaction (that only host media are okay, as long as that media meets and obeys all other rules) You will not link to images on other websites unless you have authorization to do so (or the site is designed for that purpose). This kind of "hot linking" is stealing the bandwidth of the server you link from, and is not appreciated. You will not post material (including text, images, graphics or other artwork) unless the copyright is owned by you, and/or Paradox, and/or the material is not in violation of any NDA (non-disclosure agreement) that you may have signed, and/or you have the expressed permission of the copyright holder to do so, and/or you fully attribute the holder of the copyrighted material."
- Forum User Agreement & Rules

Okay stjobe, can you ask the administrator to approve GitHub links then. Also, do you have a list of approved sites that I can peruse, like is Nexus Mods allowed? How about Mediafire and Google Drive? What about Reddit and Discord?