• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey everyone! I am now able to continue with this AAR. Now pray tell me, is anyone still interested in the final showdown (s)? If yes, I will go on with it and possibly, even make another AAR (I'm not sure though). If no, well... R.I.P.

Good to see you return, as for your question: yes I would very much like to see this story continue :)

This will be a short update, just covering the (phew) Russian war.

The war lasted from: 1753 January-1756 June.

1753 Jan-Nov: The first few offensives are started. Tula and Smolensk are attacked by two Danish armies, each numbering about 30,000 soldiers and lots of artillery. A small cavalry force rampages through the undefended northern territories, but a larger army does something else... it starts taking a long trek towards the far, far East. Winter dawns too, but our soldiers of Denmark bravely defy the cold, or often die trying. (sorta roleplaying)
1754: Our armies are booted from Tula! Now this calls for revenge. Smolensk is taken, but the enemies have advanced on Welikia while the other regiment was messing around in the forested lands. The whole year is spent with a siege race, whether the small fort of Tula or the bastions of Welikia will be the first to fall. Unfortunately, our armies run out of soldiers and so a new infantry company will have to arrive... Welikia is taken and the city is flying the Russian flag, the bastards!
1755 Feb-June: Meanwhile...
8,000 soldiers and most of the cannons survive the trip, meeting minimal opposition from Russians and more from snowstorms and other nasty weather. The army now seeks refuge and attacks Tenghiz. The siege is short, ending with a devastating storm, and its small town surrenders. Next aim: Yeti-home!
1755 July-1756 June: It doesn't take long for Karaganda to fall, as there was nothing that could be called a defense in the colony. Except lots of Yetis, but the enemy didn't dare call the beasts into battle.
However, though Tula is taken, the Russians just cannot be forced to a just peace treaty. We demand Tenghiz and Karaganda, but the other ambassador just laughs and leaves... what's it? So our army marches southwest to take another undefended Russian colony. The turmoils arising and the rapid butchering of Russkies convince them to hand over the two provinces. Victory! (At a heavy cost, but I digress.)

With the Yetis captured, the beasts have been released into Russian territory. And they did a fine job too, they thumped many fortresses into rubble leaving just ruins behind. (Well, I did change some forts to Minimum. I hope the game will not crash, else I'll have to find another way to do it.)
For the screenie: SEE WHAT I DID THERE? Those two light brown dots there are now mine.
ScreenSave76.jpg

Good work, great to see that you managed to defeat the Russians and take out Yeti land. Let us hope they will hurt the Russians a lot when you release them into Russia

It seems that way just now, but remember that the forum have been done for some days because of the server move, so some people might not have returned yet…

Still I had always though you should move west and south, take on the Austrians and the French

Thank you Lord Finnish :)
Sorry, I don't have time for a screenie right now, only the update. And a very short one it is, indeed.

1760:

I just discovered that a war has been lasting for many years now between Portugal and his allies, and Spain and allies! This war is just a mess. Obviously, Spain pushed Portugal out of their capital city, and thus Europe, by occupying it - but what else? Spain has nothing to claim, and not only they don't have any occupied colonies, but it is actually Portugal which is holding a small batch of colonies in South America! This war is going to be disastrous. Of course, it is not to be mentioned then that a party naming themselves New Spain declared independence and ran off with an important gold mine.

1765:

Speaking about chaos... Genoa is no more! The aggressive Savoy just can't have enough. With their defeats in mind against the French, the Savoyards decided to concentrate on another member of the alliance - the Genoese. Most of the time, the mainly trading city managed to survive by retreating to the hills of Corsica when the capital city was endangered. But with an earlier Habsburg conquest, that fortress is no more... and Savoy added another province to its coffers.

1766:

Hail our new King, Christian VII! Since I cannot express all of my opinions here as this book may always get into the hands of the King, I'll just say, he had a strange idea, but one which may well reward the Danish Kingdom. He stated that the Austrians are traitors, and that they should be taken out as swiftly as possible in the next years. Seeing the animosity that followed though, he put up a vote: are the Austrians to be sacked from the alliance and preyed upon, or are they trustworthy?

(I'll just sleep for this. The Habsburgs seemed to have had a little plan in mind, as all their fortresses on the continent are Level 6 (!!!) and the colonies are a long trip and not worth the trouble.)

Damn, all forts level 6 that will be a very hard fight, but it could be very interesting to read and see if you were able to win…

Alright, this update covers a few years and 2 wars. Stay tuned...

1766: Finally, the decision came: War! The Habsburgs have been titled as traitors now. I wonder what it is like to destroy this block of fortifications, but lucky for me, I'm not a soldier.
But let's get to the timeline.
1766 October-1767 December: The first stage of the war. Our armies attack at four spots: Holland, Silesia, Baden and Bavaria. Meanwhile, the enemy doesn't seem to mobilize much of an army, what could they be planning?
1768 January-April: An 50,000 army attempts to storm Stuttgart, but fails. What were they expecting from that attack? The garrison is but halved, and there are still 10,000 soldiers there. We raise the war taxes and train soldiers. We also have our first breakthrough: Bavaria has now showed a true sign of weakening!
1769-1770 February:
"Sir, we suddenly seemed to get a large influx of cash. How may that have happened?"
"Your Majesty, our warmasters have invented the last tool and devised the last tactic possible with our ways, and this means that Land Battle technology research has stopped. We have diverted the cash to the treasury."
(This is what I love. When I max out in one, the others just stand in the queue. I also get maxed Naval tech and work on Infra. Now I get positive cash income. Inflation? Who cares?)
1770 March: The Russians declare war on the Poles? How dare they? We come to the aid of the horse-hugging minor and as we quickly finish the Habsburg war, we devote our attention to Russia.
We have captured all targets of the Habsburgs other than the Holland province, which entitled us to Silesia and Bavaria. Silesia has a good goods manufactory (pun not intended) and Bavaria, unlike Baden, doesn't get dangerously close to dangerous enemies.
Russia got up to be a threat. A general named Alexandr Souwarov has rose up from the scum in Russia and with an army, they are presenting a challenge.
1770 April-1772 January:
Souwarov does take Welikia with a single assault while we are suffering with the lighter fortified Smolensk. The interesting thing, he then goes into Poland, then into home territory, then he completely screws up the war on their side by doing nothing other than massacring small armies and taking a province here or there! We present a threat from Tenghiz and Karaganda, training infantrymen and smithing cannons constantly and storming the backwater forts already weakened by the Yetis. The Russians have also picked up a strange ally: The Mughal "Empire" sent 8000 Llama riders who decided to chant their National Llama Hymn and ride around Nyland before being shot by a small guard.
Finally though, as the pressure increases from East, in Siberian territory, and in the west with Smolensk captured and Welikia taken back, Russia finally decides to cough up the forested Smolensk to our territories. All hail the mighty Denmark!

ScreenSave78.jpg

Victory against both the Austrians and the Russians, wonderful work :) It seems that although the Austrians had strong fortifications they had little else so you defeated them easy and then you could devote your attention to aid your ally against the evil Russians and you won there also. Great work

Let's see whatever little happened in the next decade.

1772-73:

It seems that the Poles just cannot guard themselves when they have no allies left. They were basically alone in the war now, that's true... but they still manage to lose Belgorod and Mozyr in this period, against Russia. It is strange, how a powerful ex-member of the Alliance couldn't put up any resistance against the Kingdom, while Russia just cannot be broken down with a series of wars and losses.

1777:

An interesting new project is going on, King Christian VII decided to build another shipyard. With the lots of cash flowing in, the nation could afford to build one in Penobscot. It will probably be ready in 3 years.

1785:

The French declared war on us!
This was the shortest war ever, as it has ended before it begun. What does that mean? Denmark had a plan against any far-away, and especially against any stronger far-away nation. This plan simply involves sending 500 golden ducats as a bribe to stop the conflict before anything serious happens. So basically it has ended before anything has happened. Tricky, but it works.

---

As for a screenie: Little has happened since the last time we met. Just some changes at Poland, mainly. For the last seven years, something exciting should happen... a final showdown against Russia perhaps? We'll see...
ScreenSave80.jpg

The Poles seems unable to do anything well for them self, the silly French declared war? Well I guess bribing them wasn’t a silly move, now you can focus on once more crushing the evil Russians :)

Well, yeah, smashing Russians is always fun in this AAR :p .
However, scrolling back in this thread, something caught me. It was a post by DoW, maybe random, maybe not:

I'm surprised to see England failing so badly. Will you head over there to restore the Danelaw?

While England has strengthened so much that the whole main island and two Irish provinces are theirs, this is an interesting idea and could make a great happy ending... or maybe a defeat, but anyways, I'll think of this.

And now, dear ladies and gentlemen, comes the final battle! Stay tuned, for this one decides all!
1786:

Our armies - 50,000 cavalry plus mixed armies - are on the Russian border. We have one last goal to fulfill now against Russia, we shall take back what is ours. Estonia will not remain Russian territory!

1786 March-August:

The first attacks come on Russian territory. Tula and Mozyr are two easy targets, ripe for the picking, but Reval is a tough fortress indeed: So we send the 50,000 cavalry and a platoon of artillery (180 to be exact) to take down the thing. A brutal way, but possibly the only way to do it.

1786 September-1787 January:

However, we must be vigilant against a counterattack. And by counterattack, we are talking about more than 100,000 men, as the Russians are swarming like there is an infinite supply of them. They all ganged upon Welikia and are besieging it, but their cannons are few and far between - I counted 16.

1787 February-1789 April:
Basically, this is a race about who can conquer the enemy fortress earlier. Early on, this seems hopeless, until we discover that a 60,000 infantry legion is standing in Skane!
They are sent on the long march, and after they arrive, the siege effort redoubles. Estonia's fortification is the first to be breached, too, not Welikia! Just as an added point, Siberia is invaded, and Leipzig gets a battering too. Finally Estonia and 250 shiny gold pieces come over to our coffers! This is a time to celebrate, as not only we have weakened the Russians, but we also have taken back what is rightfully ours!

---

And here the book ends. Hans would probably have been proud of this, at the least! Now, let's see the final screenies.
This is Europe and Asia, with all the colonies. There are some major powers. Notice how Russia got a lot of Siberia? Well, there is another strange thing! Just look at the eastern parts of it!
ScreenSave81.jpg

And now for America, and the colonisation. Under the protection of Denmark, Holland has grown to be a good coloniser, but Spain is the most powerful. Denmark has colonies here and there, as you may know.
ScreenSave82.jpg

And the results. If you don't know what the names mean, use the flags for a guess!
ScreenSave83.jpg

*Applause* Very awesome. One of the few AARs I've actually bothered to read from start to finish. Hazah for Portugal in the top 5!