• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is time to roll up a new decade!
1710:

Our alliance with Holland, Hungary, Saxony and Russia officially expired! Deciding that it is time to find more competent allies, Denmark ditched Russia at the recreation, and invited Würtemberg instead. This was a big step, but then again, we need to secure Scandinavia and the Baltic coast against the warmongers. This is the first step.

1712:

England is competent now! They showed it by completely destroying Scotland in one fell swoop. And they're evil too! They made it a separate peace, so their allies Savoy, Austria and Poland can fight the war further, since they knew they were the winning side. Savoy clearly showed it by weakening France further. Poland also got Mantua off Venice.

1715:

Our gold caravan from Yukon is lost! At first it was attributed to the bad weather, then it turned out that it was the work of the vicious Yeti, whom were now used by Russians to make unofficial raids upon their enemies. Their method, according to Newfoundlanders, was to create a skeleton ship loaded with chained beasts. Then the crew piloted the ship at a coast and jumped off onto a lifeboat. The beasts seem to have found the gold caravan anchored and resting in some dock, since all that we found in the Newfoundland Province, was the remains of a royal ship and a few pieces of gold plus lots of yeti and human corpses. This is now an unforgiveable offense and will definitely bring tons of bricks and steel upon them!
Russia also gained much in the East, gaining much against Persia. But our King made a new song. It was like this:
"We wish you a horrid defeat,
we wish you a horrid defeat,
we wish you a horrid defeat
and a Crappy New Year!"
(Unfortunately the song has been twisted over the ages, but you get the point.)

1719:

Russia attacked Poland! Now is our golden time! First of all, Austria refused to make further hostilities with Poland. But our alliance couldn't hold more members so the King rode to Saxony in one day and made a private conversation. It went like this: (D: Our King, S: Saxon Monarch)
D: Do you like the Habsburgs?
S: We love them!
D: Do you want to do something good to them?
S: Anything!
D: Then join our realms!
The Saxon was stumped, but since he said "Anything", he had to comply. All the better for them! Now we could invite the Habsburgs to a better alliance-ours. And they accepted! (From 0 relations. Great!)
But now came the time for the big decision. War or not? Are we yet unprepared for the big clash, or are we ready to avenge the treachery of the Orthodox neighbor?

---

I'll put this question up to a vote. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO DECLARE WAR UPON RUSSIA? AND WHY? (Note: It's my decision that will decide it finally. But yours can influence it.)
My armies that could say something in this war: An 50k army sitting in Kurland. A 25k army in Nyland. A 30-40k army with 110 cannons in Västerbotten. In emergency, two 30k armies in Brandenburg and Küstrin.
Note: I have a Kouban province, but since this is just stupid and unrealistic, I'll try to edit the savefile to sell it to Turkey. This would be more likely in real life than to have an ever-rebelling province. But the question is, how can I do it? Do I just cut and paste it from Denmark's provinces to Turkey's provinces? Or what?

And now let's see the pic! England defeating Scotland is rare in EUI but it happened now!
ScreenSave70.jpg

I would like to see a war with Russia. Your armies seem decent enough to handle one plus of course you have winter on your side, the ai is terrible at dealing with that.

Selling Kouban is a good idea. To do so you can just cut and paste the number for Kouban (Not sure what it is sorry) from your Owned Provinces list to the Ottomans and then edit your treasury as you see fit.

Are you losing interest, guys? There are a couple of people who viewed this AAR earlier: (and maybe a few more)
-DoW
-Lord E
-CatKnight
-Languish
-CitizenPaul
Of you five, are you just lurking or did you decide to stop wasting time reading this? Please reply.

As for the update.

1719-20:

Now comes Revenge Time! With all the pieces in place, we declared war. King Christian VI (I forgot to note when he started reigning. I assume he was the King when this war started.) said: "The goals for this war are either provinces that we desired from when we were just a member of the Kalmar Union or valuable ones. We don't want the scum of Russia. The old port-cities of Reval and Dorpat have always been our targets, while the area of Österbotten would not only link up our possessions but would also serve with valuable furs."
The timeline goes here. This was possibly the fastest war ever.

1719 March-September: Our troops crush the defenses in Österbotten. An attacking force in Kurland is intercepted and annihilated, and our troops march on Livonia and its city Dorpat, conquering it in 2 months. 1000 cavalrymen ravage through Kola and Far Karelia and take control. The King did all this in short time to confuse the Russians. Not to mention that the Dutch control a few Russian colonies and the Habsburgs control Helvetia, possession of the Russian ally Spain.
Russia, thinking of defeat, agrees to our terms. Österbotten and Livonia, and all their cities go under Danish control.
The warmonger really learnt a lesson. Its gains against Poland, in 1720, Smolensk and Lithuania don't even match up in worth: Österbotten is worth as much as the two together and Livonia just boosts it.

Of course, our allies were disappointed with the fact that they got nothing. So we sent a consolation price to the Habsburgs and the Dutch, who contributed to the actual war.

1724:

Würtemberg may be the last German minor to fall. But it does a good job at that. Their Emperor wouldn't even think about refusing our demands: vassalisation, tribute and unbroken loyalty. That's all though, for now.

1729:

Interesting events in France. France broke the Savoy Duchy in two, by recapturing Lyonnais. The rebellious Bourgogne now has a good chance of forming Burgundy, as the mainland Savoy would no longer oppress them. Will they? (They didn't so far.)

1731:

Our spies stole Polish maps. Actually, the effort was not worth it. They didn't know anything more. For example, they didn't know where the Russians get their Yetis from. All we know, the Yeti raids ceased. Perhaps the Russki warmongers are scared. Let them be.

1735:

King Christian VI: "We need new allies, but we need to get rid of older ones to do that. I demand you to join glorious Denmark if you want to live and prosper!"
Wurtemberg Emperor: *looks around. Sees 10 soldiers of his own. Sees 30 Danish ones, with better weapons and a bad-boy look.* "U-uh... of course, of course."
Great! We got rid of an older ally! The Russian scum, of course, declared war on Poland to pass time. So we boosted up the relations. Their allies all betrayed them in the trouble! But we won't betray anyone! (At best, we run like hell.) So we invite the Polish into the strongest alliance of the world! Beware, Russia, for your end is coming!!!

And here is your picture, like always! Denmark looks prettier now, no?
ScreenSave71.jpg

Duke of Wellington said:
It does look pretty. I'm not losing interest, your AAR is enjoyable and easy to follow.

That's always been the problem with this forum for the last few years. I was fairly active three years ago and yet the forum was about AS active as this. I for one am definitely looking at this. I love AAR's told in this way, with screenshots, as i absolutely detest the 'narrative' style that seems so popular in other forums. Keep going!

I haven’t lost interest in this AAR, but as I said in my own AAR I have been away for the last 5 days. I went to the mountains to celebrate New Year and go skiing and unfortunately I haven’t had any internet access and I have therefore not been able to read any AARs…

Denmark sure looks nice now; especially seeing that long strip of land all the way through Germany, also great to see you gave the Russians a good beating :)

Now comes another little-more-than-a-decade. Then comes the interesting part, and a screenie:

1741:

It is time to teach the Russians another lesson! As King Christian VI told us, "Though it will be hard to get the area of Estonia in a war that requires "blitzkrieg"-ing, as the Austrians say it, we could expand elsewhere. The landlocked Welikia, Tula and so on are barely fortified, and we could always use the northern Scandinavian provinces as a reason to demand provinces."
And so the war went according to the plan.
1741 April: Our two northern armies go into Ingermanland for a siege and not just asking for sugar. The Baltic army goes to Welikia, but it doesn't need much more than a storm to conquer.
1741-1742 May: However, the Russians are doing something too. They invaded Poland, whose only luck is that the alliance keeps her in a relatively good shape. (By the way, Russia took Krementjug in the last war from them. Maybe they'll recover from it in this one.) Also, their armies, while ignoring the Baltic army going wild in Russia's inner parts, do show up on the north, and there was even a failed storm attempt in Kurland (which cost their army a whopping 90000 men!!!) (It looks like it is very hard to storm high-level fortresses without a year, or usually even several years of siege beforehand.)
1742 June-1743 February: The army wasted no time sieging great juggernauts of doom in Novgorod, Savolaks, Estonia and Moscow among others, but the many cities under Allied control gave our Denmark's king a right to demand provinces. He demanded Tzar Anna Romanova (if I recall correctly... all these Tzars) to pass over the control of Belgorod to Poland as consolation from the previous war, and also stated that he would like Welikia to be attached to Denmark. The Tzar finally decided to comply-times are looking dark for Russia, but do we care?

1746:

We have a new King! (...again...) I myself really miss that last ruler, and don't really trust any Frederick, but I digress. He looks like a smart fellow. With a few silent and well-placed bribes, some blackmailing, thievery and whatnot the Danish and Russian maps got exchanged a little. Now we know that after annexing the Sibir Khanate, they did have settlements in Karaganda. That must be where the Yetis come from! We will definitely take the area in the next war. Stopping the Yeti onslaught that often comes here and there would prove very useful.
(OOC: The target for my next war is: taking Karaganda. This will probably take a large army, since we need to journey through the whole Russia. NOW I miss Kouban...)

1747:

(Don't have anything to write for this, Infrastructure 9. There you go.)

And 4 years pass without anything special.

Now comes some fine news! After a Russian war that will hopefully stop the Yeti menace, comes the Readers' part! There you will decide a realistic objective, and I will try as hard as possible to complete it. Start thinking already, it's just one update away!
And as for now: Here's a screenie. Spain expanded in Ireland of all... and another news, the Savoyard dream has ended. Now Savoy is barely bigger than they were in 1492, and even this might go away.
ScreenSave75.jpg

Nice work against the Russians again, good to see the victorious Danish armies win again. Your next objective sounds interesting, maybe a little hard, but I am sure that you will make it. After that I think you should declare war on the evil Austrians and grab one or two provinces from them…

That would be a great goal. With Greece, owning Thrace, being a Russian ally, I could simultaneously take Karaganda and the ex-Turkish capital.
In case you haven't read any part of my AAR except critical parts, Denmark believes that the source of Yetis is their really freezing colony, Karaganda. That's why it's the next target.

Good work against the Russians.

What is your army tech level and what is theirs? Their chief advantage is usually their cheap infantry.

As for colonies: try Texas and the rest of southern usa. good growth rate, reasonable income.