• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I love it so far, Norgesvenn....

BTW, you sort of beat me to the punch, as I was thinking about doing a prequal to the ye ol' Kalmar Union AAR. Including some events, avatars, and whatnot to make things spicy in the cold, Nordic nights. (or something... :D )

If your interested, I can email you the events, leaders, monarch list, etc. I dont know how it would work with the EEP, but renumbering events is the easy part.

I just read all of your updates so far, including the infamous manservant beating line. So that is the kind of writing it takes to get replies? :D

Any chance we will see some Leprechauns in this AAR, working behind the scenes with their magic? ;)

Originally posted by Peter Ebbesen
Chief Scientist says focus on the game!

Conquer the Germans, annex the Swedes, eradicate the French, restore the English to Danish rule, wipe out the Poles, the Russians, the Austrians, and the Italians, rid the world of the Spanish, and Portuguese, and when that is done, conquer the rest of the world as Denmark.

Just a friendly suggestion in case you lack inspiration :D

I leave that to the experts, Peter! :)

I have added "Ebbesen" as a random leader name, though. ;) I must say you are... efficient.

MrT: Just pass me some tickets to the next plane, and I'm coming. :)

Capitano Krunch: A few references to the pelvic area is guaranteed a few replies and the raising of an eyebrow. :D

SM... d'oh... Secret Master :D : Just send them over! I'm getting into this event thingie. :) It could even be passed on to the EEP as Denmark events (check out my thread in the EEP forum). :)

Emperor: You southern rednecks are just faking it. ;) Norway has 4 million inhabitants, of which 50 % clearly are rednecks.

Now, about that manservant...

Oooh... pidgeons! Look! Over there! :D

Originally posted by Captain Krunch
I just read all of your updates so far, including the infamous manservant beating line. So that is the kind of writing it takes to get replies? :D
Yes. In reality we are a degenerate lot. Just go look up the Wlak thread, or any instance where the Wlak (whether short-strided, long-strided, war-bred, or politician) is mentioned across several AARs.

After that, you should know that the entire myth of the Wlak came from a simple spelling mistake in the Free Company thread, and has since grown to legendary status. :cool:

Oh, BTW Norg, keep up the good work. :)

Thanks, LD! :)

I'm partly doing this AAR to prove that serious ones still have a place here. :)

And look at the responses... :rolleyes: :D

It's all 'bout dispatching the merchants, 'innit? ;) :D

I'm enjoying it nevertheless! :)

keep the posts rolling - even if they do have some weird Freudian scenes in it... :D

*throws some bread crumbs to the pigeons*

:p

good start so far. just don't expand too quickly or you'll get a royal beatdown like i did in my game.

Keep on rolling, teach us Swedes a lesson:D

Seriously though, I played a Denmark in 1.04 VH/C and managed to diplo-annex Sweden quite easily.
What I did was keep the alliance and vassalization going until 1510:ish when one gets a good diplo monarch and can have full aristocrazy [sic;)] quite easily.
Meanwhile one romps all over germany, military-annexing only Mecklemburg, and vassalizing all the rest, to pick them up some fourty years later. You will probably loose some of them to other annexees, but this is still less BB for you.
As long as you have as many provinces as Sweden, and your provinces are valuable german provinces as opposed to Swedens rather average ones you will easily get them to join you.

What you should do then that I didn't do is immediately release them as vassals, as it is Sweden that triggers Norways joining into Denmark, and gives you all thoose CB-sheilds up there that are so useful. Sweden as vassal will only have three provinces, so all you will have to do then is force-vassalize them again after 1521 and annex them again later.

Good luck, and prosper.

Thanks for the advice! :)

It is much appreciated. Actually, Hans is a decent diplomat (oddly, considering his history...). Poland and Lithuania are of course rampaging the neighbourhood, and a few minors have made themselves the punching balls of the HRE by annexing their neighbours. :D So, I'm not too worried about the BB yet. :)

I am curious about Denmark's plans are in the new world. Will they found a new Vinland colony? :)

That is certainly my goal. In order to get a random explorer, I go naval... and I want Chesapeake... If you've read "Leiv Of Brian", you'll know I'm a sucker for that Manhattan CoT as well... ;)

Fortunately, my vassal Norway has a harbour on Iceland. Thus, I can rest explorers there, before I get my own New World harbour.

Next installment will hopefully include some screenies, and cover the rest of Erik's reign and the reign of Christoffer af Bayern.

sounds like you're off to a solid start. look forward to hearing about fighting the skraelings in the new world.

I like the way you approached the "Sound Due" event. The thing I'd make sure I'm ready for if I were you is the probablility that you'll annex Norway via the "End of the Union" event. Similar to Nikolai's advice, I'd release them as vassals ASAP since the addition of all those provinces makes your BB skyrocket. The plus side to that is that you will still get their maps (if better than yours) and you'll keep Iceland so you'll have your own private base of operations to use to get to the new world.

Well done, Norg.

Originally posted by MrT
I like the way you approached the "Sound Due" event. The thing I'd make sure I'm ready for if I were you is the probablility that you'll annex Norway via the "End of the Union" event. Similar to Nikolai's advice, I'd release them as vassals ASAP since the addition of all those provinces makes your BB skyrocket. The plus side to that is that you will still get their maps (if better than yours) and you'll keep Iceland so you'll have your own private base of operations to use to get to the new world.

Well done, Norg.

:confused: My advice was releasing Sweden as a vassal to make them trigger the 'end of union' event. But when they have done that it might be good to release Norway as vassals at once too, since if you have annexed both you are looking down 16+ BB points, which can be painful if you gathered too many of them down in germany.

I have made it a habit never ever to peek at my BB in savegames. :) Well, I'm 1500 and beyond, and still fairly respectable, so I must have done something right.

Besides, I see BB inspired wars against a few unfortunate minors having done the dirty on their neighbours. And, of course, I help out punishing them for that... ;)

Now, I'll delve into that messy history.txt once more and see if my muses are on my side... :)

Well, a word of warning to anyone playing the EEP 1.1 in their current AARs:

- The province numbered 418 (City: La Rochelle) is listed as owned and controlled both by England and by France in the scenario set-up (the france.igc and england.igc files). This works fine until France loses the province to someone else.

Then your savegame will be corrupted! :(
Therefore, fix the .igc files ASAP (it's dirt easy, even I can do it) by removing the province as owned and controlled by England. Remember to remove it from the city list as well.

I'm currently working hard to rescue my savegame, since this indeed has occured in my game... :rolleyes:

If all else fails, I'll replay from the current date of the AAR. I'm not giving up this time! Never! Never!

Okay... better take it easy... :D

Wish me luck!

Originally posted by Norgesvenn
If all else fails, I'll replay from the current date of the AAR. I'm not giving up this time! Never! Never!

Okay... better take it easy... :D

Wish me luck!

That's the spirit!

Good luck Norg.

(Pssst. It'll be easier to do it before you get blind stinking drunk. ;) )

Note:

At the moment, I've just done a full scan of the whole damn piece of silicone labeled 'Compaq' with Norton's "Virus-Scan-you-must-be-joking". No serious virae found, except an annoying pop-up thingie from Kazaa. Which I uninstalled ages ago.

Before that, I've tried playing from 1430, 1449, 1485... you name it. But saving and then loading proved impossible.

Then Norgesvenn cracked. Well, he cracked open a can of beer, and started reading. Savegame files. I can assure you all that the collection of numbers and letters contained in those files isn't exactly great literature. Still searching for that all-important error. If I'm not able to find it, I'll delete my posts and do this once again. Without the EEP.

Really, folks... I'm doing my best to salvage this. And I will.

Going away for the weekend, so there'll be no updates for a few days anyway, should the savegame find time and space to work again.