• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would love to play the mod but 2 things stop me:

1. I dont have AoD on my computer. Its complicated, but my wireless internet sends out the signal through one port so it can download the game from gamersgate, but it doesnt know which port to reiceive the info through and gamersgate doesnt offer the info. I have it on my computer at my moms house though, so i can only play AoD every couple of weeks for a short duration.

2. I can never get mods to work. It sucks. Im just unskilled in extracting/opening/downloading. Im cursed to play vanilla games for the rest of my life.

I will make sure when I release this to give you a hand if you have issues installing it, on AoD of course. We are using code specific to AoD now, so it won't be usable on both.

Well im heading to the place where i have the AoD computer for 2 weeks, so if it comes out ill see what i can do before i ask for help. Thank you though.

Now im heading over to TGG to see what kind of surpises you put into the mod...havent checked it in a while.

If you guys didn't catch the memo, work on the AAR stalled in favour of releasing a public Alpha of the 1964 mod, which I think will be out this week :)

Just doing some of the finishing touches on it, making sure all the files are properly together, proper stats, getting some last-minute images for divisions of the major countries, ect.

If you guys didn't catch the memo, work on the AAR stalled in favour of releasing a public Alpha of the 1964 mod, which I think will be out this week :)

Just doing some of the finishing touches on it, making sure all the files are properly together, proper stats, getting some last-minute images for divisions of the major countries, ect.

The best news in weeks thus far. :)

I'm looking forward to playing the mod, and I hope you don't get completely stomped like you did in Part I.

A few pieces of advice first. Here are the reasons why I think that the USA lost World War II and the Axis and Soviets won it...

i) You didn't develop nuclear weapons remotely fast enough. I've been playing Kaiserreich a lot as the USA recently and even then, I had nukes by 1944/45. If you'd had nukes in 1947 (so just before D-Day) and had been able to drop them on Vienna and Berlin, then Germany would have collapsed before it had the chance to deploy it's own nuclear arsenal.

ii) You focused on Japan first. There is a very good reason why the western Allies did not do this; it was utter lunacy. Japan could never compete with the USA industrially, while Germany could and this in timeline did.

iii) Perhaps most importantly, you wasted dozens of divisions on completely pointless fronts in India and Scandanavia. This strained your transport capacity and delayed the invasion of Europe. The thing this most reminded me of, was Britain during World War I. They were constantly trying to find new fronts to get away from the stalemate on the western front, when the war was only ever going to be decided on the western front. The difference here is that the British realized this soon enough to act, while, I'm afraid to say, didn't.

Some good points there.

Here I come back from the land of the disappeared, to tell you that the mod is ready to download.

You can find the download links here >HERE!<

I'll get back to the AAR sometime in the future here, hopefully sooner then later.

Please let it be sooner.

Im afraid that i wont be able to play the mod until i am able to fix these AoD problems. I havent attempted in a while, although i mighgt do so within the next fewm onths if i get time for it.

EDIT: Hey i just thoughgt of soething. Wasnt nicaragua part of the axis at one point? What is their part in this mad, or were they annexed by the usa in the game or something of the sort? Sorry if its obvious, its been a while since i read that far back in the AAR, and i dont feel like going through almost 200 pages right now.

Last edited:
Yes they were, but they were a minor part. Alot of former Axis members are not part of the 'Axis', but instead will have good relations. Gameplay is the reasoning behind this.

Im surprised that you didnt spare a few divisions, or at least allied divisions, to take care of them. It would ahve solved the nukes, and a corps from europe wouldnt have made too much of a difference in the middle of war when you were banging each other heads against the others forts.

Any chance of you playing a bit and updating soon?

I think I'll play abit more over the next week and get some updates going.

Sounds good. Also, this may be a bit off topic, but do you plan on assembling another TGG in the future? Mine failed because of me, since i couldnt get AoD on my computer, and the reason of that prevents me from playing multi as well.

Sounds good. Also, this may be a bit off topic, but do you plan on assembling another TGG in the future? Mine failed because of me, since i couldnt get AoD on my computer, and the reason of that prevents me from playing multi as well.

Another? :confused:

Even the first one didn't make it off the ground. Mainly because the Totally Random Productions :)p) were a lazy bunch. And from what I know they were the organizers.

Another? :confused:

Even the first one didn't make it off the ground. Mainly because the Totally Random Productions :)p) were a lazy bunch. And from what I know they were the organizers.

Yeah another one to replace the failed one.

And from what i could tell from storm and some others, it was because everyone had the time and such to commit to such a project for a month or two starting in december, more or less. But then the release of AoD was delayed, and b y the time of the new release some people were too busy to recommit to it, and it fell apart. I forget who i got the explanation from, either firestorm, storm, or one of the TRP's.

What happened to TRP anyway? Me and LH have noticed their AARs have disapeared and i havent seen anything that they created recently.

I'll be continuing the game Friday and hopefully have a fun new update for that after noon.

3rd semester of Civil Eng. starts next week, so I'll try and keep up with 1 update / week starting Friday. No promises, budgeting my time between School + Mod + AAR + life will be quite the balancing act :) I shall try my best, though.

CBC World News – March 6th, 1964

March 6th, 1964

CBC World News

"The world today. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBC correspondents by trans-America short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Canada's news room here in Ottawa. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest military events via our correspondents in Chicago and Ottawa. Tonight, we will be receiving a report from our war correspondent in Saigon."

"Good evening Canada, this is René Lecavalier. The Pacific war continues to wage on, despite no notable land exchanges between either the Chicago Pact and the Soviet Union. The only thing that continues to change are the casualty counts, which are on the rise daily. Months of jungle attrition has worn down morale and fighting capacity, taking its toll on tanks and aircraft. Efforts to raze parts of the Soviet defensive line have met with negligible results. The US has been looking at alternative attacks on the occupied Chinese regions, launching several probing raids over the past few months. Although these have initially been met with minimal resistance, Soviet reserves often act within days of the raid, making a full-scale invasion impractical. At home, here in Canada, the civilian population sees this as a prelude to a possible cease-fire. Despite being part of the Chicago Pact, Canada has been looking for possible mediation solutions to the conflict through its embassies in Berlin."

"Germany also wishes to see a conclusion to the long-lasting Pacific war. The continue instability in the region makes shipping and transportation of goods dangerous, as its own convoys now face danger in the' unrestricted submarine warfare zone' that makes up much of the Central and South Pacific regions, stretching to the Indian coast and up to Afghanistan. The Soviet government refuses to back down from this policy, out of fear that minor nations in Europe may be smuggling weapons to destabilize the occupied territories in Asia."

"British economic woes continue to cause immigration issues in France and Germany, where immigrants continue to cross the Channel illegally, seeking better jobs and better wages. French and German governments have attempted to dissuade this recent spike in activity by funding efforts to increase the economic activity in the British Isles."

ScreenSave5-1.png

ScreenSave3-2.png

ScreenSave0.png

**To make this game different from the mod you guys all got, I gave the Soviet Union extra divisions. I might consider doing this to beef up the Soviets if the mod AI continues to be lame (with an AI-only event obviously) :p**

Last edited: