• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
CBC World News – February 6th, 1964

February 6th, 1964

.....And I'm proud to be and Canadian,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the Chicago Pact....

CBC World News

"The world today. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation now presents a summary of the all the important world news today. Reports from CBC correspondents by trans-America short wave radio, and the latest developments as received by the Canada's news room here in Ottawa. Tonight we will be reporting on the latest military events via our correspondents in Chicago and Ottawa. Tonight, we will be receiving a report from our war correspondent in Saigon."

"Good evening Canada, this is René Lecavalier. The conflict in Vietnam, which has been an ongoing source of trouble for the US military, continues to drag along in a bloody stalemate in which neither side can gain the upper hand. The situation mirrors problems faced by both CP and Red Army forces in Japan - rough terrain, lack of infrastructure, and deep defensive positions. The jungle cover makes spotting forces and defenses from the air difficult, often resulting in devastating results for forces moving on the ground. The artillery exchanges between the two sides mark the latest developments in the region, which is usually the prelude for yet another bloody battle."

"That was René Lecavalier reporting from Saigon, in Vietnam."

"The United States has called upon the Prime Minister Diefenbaker of Canada to push for the deployment of Canadian forces to Vietnam. The Vietnam front has become an increasingly unpopular front for the various members of the Chicago Pact, after the annihilation of the Mexican expeditionary force during the initial phases of the invasion was broadcast by the media in Mexico. Attempted by the US government and Mexico to regulate the media televised in their respective countries were met with fierce opposition by various civilian organizations, many which compared such measures relative to those implemented by the former Hitler government in the late 40s."

"The Canadian Army engineers in Australia continue to assist in reconstruction efforts to bring the economy back on track. The Australia economy has been struggling after the Soviet invasion back in 1959 brought ruin to most of the country. One of the many problems faced by the engineers is the near-total destruction of the infrastructure connecting the vast expanses of the country. Canadian engineers have been working steadily in conjunction with Australian civil organizations to achieve this goal."

ScreenSave3-1.png

ScreenSave4.png

**I got the game working again (yay), but this is all I have to report for the time being :(.**

Yeah youre back! This summer, there will be total war :D

Oh goody, it's 'Nam all over again! You need the prized William (Bill) Overbeck, who helped destroy the Zombie Outbreak of '57!

The situation in 'Nam is nastily deadlocked.
A nuke would indeed solve the problem...but too many nukes have been used already. :D

How about using The Bomb in Vietnam?

So soon? I think I'd rather wait until a better situation! I only have so many!

@Vesmir: Ah yes, and Vince sure wont like the United Netherlands being orange >_<

@General_Hoth: There will be :D

Hmm, I should make a zombie nation as my form of the 'Aliens' cheat.

And for Gods sake, put a link to the mod thread in the sig! It's hard for us bums to wade through the forums in search of it. :p

Done!

Non-paradox links are forbidden in signature.

Oh okay, thanks. I'll link the PI mod thread.

@Akaki: Updates will hopefully be once a week if everything goes smoothly! :)

Total war is back!

Use the bomb. How many do you have? Even if its not many, the soviet ai will probably start stacking divs as soon as possible on that front. You wont be able to keep up with their reinforcements. Better to break out of their and push into the mountins. Bomb Vientianne, and shift 2 corps from Da nang to help in the attack. Encircle Hanoi and take them out. If you cant do it with what you got, bomb that too. Start pouring everything you got into that breakout and try to race past the south china mountains into india and china ASAP.

Thats if you think you can do it. At the very least, take the fortified provs before the soviets stack them. And did you guys ever end up inserting a peace deal event into the game for this pacific war?

An oversight on my part was the lack of nukes in the mod >_<. Thank you guys for reminding me, however! I should probably add those in via event for the time being for all the nations, instead of replaying from scratch. Then again, only two months have been played....

Whatever you think is more efficient. If you dont have the tiem, starting over cant be considered though. So you hadnt had any nukes in any arsenal? really? That would have sucked had you not realized. 11 years in and you want to nuke the german heartland to a desert and you find you have no nukes.

Agreed, better to notice it now then later. AAR progress has been slow anyway, as I have dedicated alot of time into getting the mod BETA READY. At this progress I am sure it will be ready in under two weeks.

I look forward to seeing your mod. You've built yourself a fascinating world!

I would love to play the mod but 2 things stop me:

1. I dont have AoD on my computer. Its complicated, but my wireless internet sends out the signal through one port so it can download the game from gamersgate, but it doesnt know which port to reiceive the info through and gamersgate doesnt offer the info. I have it on my computer at my moms house though, so i can only play AoD every couple of weeks for a short duration.

2. I can never get mods to work. It sucks. Im just unskilled in extracting/opening/downloading. Im cursed to play vanilla games for the rest of my life.