• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jayavarman said:
Wrangler! You would betray your own game that you betatest? :eek: :(
The Magic Sword of Zarcon is just too hard to resist. Its power overcomes all intellectual thought...like the Secret Cloak of Vladimir with power ups...

Lemmee know when you feel the pull of the hook in your mouth so I can reel ya in ta the boat.

Last edited:
Not a hint of bias at all, Wrangler ;)

Dr. Zoidberg said:
Not a hint of bias at all, Wrangler ;)
I wrote 40 scenarios for TC2M because I thought that the CWBR engine was superior to all that existed before in replicating this era of warfare; I believe to this day that the TC2M engine is exponentially better. The use of the word "bias" assumes the egg before the chicken. If there wasn't a chicken, there would be no need today for me to split intellectual hairs over the egg--cuz I wouldn't be here.

v/r

Wrangler

Wrangler said:
Dr Z,

I designed it and have had my behind handed to me on several occasions. Hang tough. Some days you eat the bear...and some days...you better be wearin' running shoes.

v/r

Wrangler

Well, the first time I played the senario I was beaten soundly, but the second time things went better (my one regement at the farm held untill Patrick's brigade was able to flank the advaceing rebels, it was fun to watch).

A question though, have you ever had Hatch's brigade hold at Groveton? I haven't, since he is facing an entire division.

Demo was fantastic.

My Iron Brigade did well for themselves. Advanced to meet the Stonewall Brigade and sent them running. Patrick's forces holding down my right flank collapsed. I shifted the 2nd Wisconsin to that area and then the guys holding down my left flank collapsed as well. When that happened, the battle ended and I had sufferred a defeat. Truly Awesome.

DL'd the demo this morning. I ended up a "few" minutes late for work ;-D

Well done - I'm hooked, and I'm only marginally a Civil War guy. Curious about these pauses I'm getting during the tutorial. Every now and then, after I try moving the camera, the video freezes for up to about 6-7 seconds. I assume it's the result of loading scenery data. Is that the case in the full version? Any way to cache more into RAM? I have a gig and a Radeon x850/256mb so I figure I have at least some room in there. . .

Regardless, well done. I really appreciate the balance between micromanaging and AI control. Works well.

Will do, thx.

Specs for the curious are:

Athlon XP3200/400mhz
1GB ram
Radeon x850 Pro/256mb
300GB SATA
Soundblaster Live 5.1

One more thing - are the sprites in the demo lo res versions only?

There are low and high res sprites in the demo, but... there is a forced use minimum sprites option. This means that you don't get all the sprites in the demo. There are a lot missing. So the use hi res sprites option does work, but the use minimum uniforms option is always forced on.

g.. da.. can't get the demo to run! just says "A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed" followed by different numbers... does anybody know what to do? I sure don't want to throw my money away on a game that i can't run.

ehhm... isn't it supposed to be the company that produced the game (and chose the protection) who should research the problems with the game, and not the customer, who pays good money to get the game? i'v read the demothread on the madminute forum, and the answers they get from securom dosn't seem to have been all that helpfull?!

I like the sound of the game and peoples reactions to it, but i'm more than reluctant to buy it with no real support or guarantee that it will work on my computer, or at least that the company takes the time to find out what is wrong...

No problem, that's your call. For the record, we just create the game and we are on our forums everyday helping people out as much as possible. Securom was chosen for us, not our call.

We are not about to fly out to where ever they are and learn all of their technology when help is just an email away. We believe in not having middle men between us and our players, and we answer all posts and emails. For the same reason we feel that it would be foolish for us to try to solve problems that we know nothing about. When the people that can really help out are just an email away.

I've copyed the response another user got wich he postet on your (madminute) forums.

Quote:
"Greetings.

Thank you for your email. It seems that a software conflict is causing this issue. First of all, please scan your PC for virus and/or spyware. After that you should defragment your harddisc and run the Error Checking Tool (ScanDisk), that you can find at the control panel of your Windows."
:end Quote.

That dosn't seem to be all that great a help - but i havn't tried it myself. I'm just sad for myself and you. for me because i'm missing out on what sounds to be a great game, and for you because you probally are missing out on some sales because of this.

Well shan't bother you anymore... (would have really liked to be able to play this game :( )

timotheus4 said:
Hey, I have it, it looks great, only the mouse cursor doesn't show.

Open the TC2M.ini with Notepad and scroll down until you find the Fullscreen=1 and change it to Fullscreen=0 and then save it and your cursor should be there.