• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Best of luck - really hope you come back with good news Sir Cole ;)

Which mod was it that broke things, maybe that can lead us down the right path on fixing it - I am seriously hoping it wasn't one of mine :p

No, I havent found a solution yet. I am now asking support to see if they know anything more.

It wasnt one of your mods, it was my own JSON editing. I created a number of weapon and mech variants and when I deleted them, deleted the lines in the .csv and well, got rid of them entirely, the game still got stuck thinking my mods are a thing and wont let them go.

No, I havent found a solution yet. I am now asking support to see if they know anything more.

It wasnt one of your mods, it was my own JSON editing. I created a number of weapon and mech variants and when I deleted them, deleted the lines in the .csv and well, got rid of them entirely, the game still got stuck thinking my mods are a thing and wont let them go.
Does the log tell you which are the ones the client is expecting? If it does you can just create a dummy using the closest type. All you need is a valid reference matching in the VersionManifest for it to pass muster, and once the client is up you can get into the Mechlab to start razing the saved builds.

Does the log tell you which are the ones the client is expecting? If it does you can just create a dummy using the closest type. All you need is a valid reference matching in the VersionManifest for it to pass muster, and once the client is up you can get into the Mechlab to start razing the saved builds.

Yeah, and oddly, its only the Chassisdef files for my modded Dragon, Zeus, King Crab and Centurion, as well as my KR LL, ML, PPC, Drillz 6 and ICs. However, it doesnt care about the Mechdef, movedef for those mechs, or my modded Griffin at all, nor my Drillz 4. Sooo, like, it only cares about a handful of my mod files....I understand even less now....

Ill put the files its bitching about in and see what happens.

I sure wish HBS made a patch where we could more easily delete saved mechlab variants......or that they change the file setup so we can easily remove mods...kinda like Men of war, where it has a dedicated area for mods...

Well, I think I unbroke it. Your plan worked. TY lol.

Where does it keep MP saved mech variants? In a paradox folder or something?

Guess lesson learned: Dont save MP Mech variants...

Yeah, and oddly, its only the Chassisdef files for my modded Dragon, Zeus, King Crab and Centurion, as well as my KR LL, ML, PPC, Drillz 6 and ICs. However, it doesnt care about the Mechdef, movedef for those mechs, or my modded Griffin at all, nor my Drillz 4. Sooo, like, it only cares about a handful of my mod files....I understand even less now....
The system only cares about things it have to load, so that’s not surprising. But the opaqueness of the fix is why I was concerned when I first encountered this situation and warned people about it (mostly to deaf ears), and which is why I continue to be leery about putting things into the MDD. The MDD itself is safe mostly to tinker with, but the implication that the mod material can make its way into the save files for campaign is unsettling.

The system only cares about things it have to load, so that’s not surprising. But the opaqueness of the fix is why I was concerned when I first encountered this situation and warned people about it (mostly to deaf ears), and which is why I continue to be leery about putting things into the MDD. The MDD itself is safe mostly to tinker with, but the implication that the mod material can make its way into the save files for campaign is unsettling.

Whats the MDD? I see the file in the game folder but I dont put anything in there.

Whats the MDD? I see the file in the game folder but I dont put anything in there.
It's the MetaData Database. If we want things to show up in the campaign, we have to register stuff into it. I'm leery of doing that at the moment exactly because of the problem you hit, so I don't pretend to know too much about it.

It's the MetaData Database. If we want things to show up in the campaign, we have to register stuff into it. I'm leery of doing that at the moment exactly because of the problem you hit, so I don't pretend to know too much about it.

Yeah, I was hesitant for the first 3 iterations of my mods. I started to 'have to' edit the MDD to get Star Systems to show up. At that point I figured I may as well go all in.

So far, I've moved things around, and as long as I also removed the corresponding entries in the various MDD Tables, it seems to work. But yeah, the thought that items could become inexorably linked to the Campaign saves worries me :(