• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Viking_Manstein

Major
5 Badges
May 18, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Hi all!
I have decided to write a EU3 AAR, I have some experience with AAR's having written 4 earlier on, however, all of these were HOI3, so I want to try something new. I am going to be playing Divine wind, vanilla, difficulty set to normal. There will be a few rules however:

1. No declaration of war without CB
2. No territorial conquests unless the CB gives me any "rights" to take territory or unless I have core on the territory.
3. Can only commission one portrait per ruler
4. Cannot start to change any sliders, except the military ones before 1500

I would also like for you suggest a nation to me, I don't want a big nation, but don't pick one that is doomed to die either plz. I would rather not be playing as any of the Japanese clans, and Sweden is "nogo". Other than that it is up to you guys!

If you have any other suggestions for rules or anything, let me know!

Cheers! :)

*Edit* This is now a Brittany AAR, I will be writing in a kind of narrative style, if you have ideas for me, or complaints, please let me know.

PS: AAR starts at page 2

Last edited:
you could try Hesse its a strong german minor :D

What about Brittany, dealing with BBB can be fun, especially with England so close, and your rules. 4 provinces is a decent start, and its a good area.

If you want something more challenging, Holland, or one of the inner HRE nations (which will be fun if you declare on other HRE nations and get the emperor involved). Or how about Mazovia, nice surrounded by Poland, Knights, and Lithuania.

Not sure how challenging any of those are, just judging by looking at the map.

What about Brittany, dealing with BBB can be fun, especially with England so close, and your rules. 4 provinces is a decent start, and its a good area.

If you want something more challenging, Holland, or one of the inner HRE nations (which will be fun if you declare on other HRE nations and get the emperor involved). Or how about Mazovia, nice surrounded by Poland, Knights, and Lithuania.

Not sure how challenging any of those are, just judging by looking at the map.

Really appreciate your feedback, a lot of great suggestions :)

Britanny will be very interesting indeed, Provence will be very challenging as well (maybe a bit too suicidal?)

Switzerland would be nice to see as well.

Noted, I will decide which to pick today :)

If you want to mess with code or force france to release it, Normandy can be fun....set a goal of uniting the thrones of France and England

If you want to mess with code or force france to release it, Normandy can be fun....set a goal of uniting the thrones of France and England

Navarre. ;)

Or Norway. Those would be interesting to see.

Nah, I am not to happy about changing the files now, perhaps for my next AAR ;)

Navarre I have never played, Norway is awesome, I have played it a lot, mainly because of patriotic reasons xD

I have decided to play as Brittany, never tried it actually, hope I can raise it to glory :) Update may be coming later tonight ^^

Last edited: