• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And then every unit they build after gets deployed there :confused:

I've been away over the past week and will be away again over the next 2 weeks so no updates until mid July at the earliest. I hope the core readership will be ready to come back and continue with this AAR when it returns. :)

Ah, that sucks to hear. I started reading the AAR about a week or two ago and just caught up yesterday. Its been great so far, and I can't wait for you to continue it later.

Finally finished catching up this awesome read!

I really would like to be able to play this senario, if it consisted of a lot of events.

Very well played, and an awesome fight for Madrid.
I wonder how the chinese, and especially the south-chinese front (also known as indochina-front) is developing.

/Krogzar

(oh suscribed offcourse)

Tommy4ever <= any eta on an update?

hey i m late but i just finish reading the AAR and i give you Congrates....
hope its not dead i would like to see the end.....o and i like the story to it..i read mostly every thing...:)

I am considering reviving this AAR. By ths point I have no more screenshots and to actually play the game is impossible (just 1 hour in game can take up to five minutes and every time I reload all my allies' armies that I control cancel theier orders). The alternative would be mfor me to use various maps and descriptions to create a more exciting game. This will definately create a more exciting war than if I had done it in game as the AI is stupid and rarely audacious so I won't be constricted by this. However I will stick firmly to what could possibly happen with the actual in game militaries and industries.

Anyway if anyone is interested in this revival please post as their is little point in returning if noone cares.

And you can't leave it running w/out autosaving on your PC?

I found a few unused screenshots that I can use for the start of the rebirth of the AAR but from then on its all going to be made up.

Plan 9

heussthinkingaboutshitandthat.jpg

Theodor Heuss sat deep in thought, it seemed like an age since news had come to him of the latest bloody German failure to take Madrid but now he had something all together more serious to contemplate. Whilst, despite of the troubles in Madrid, victory in Europe seemed near with Britain teetering on the edge of defeat and Spain not far behind the waning NAPTO alliance had received a new, monstrously powerful member. Barely one hour ago Heuss had been informed that Lavrenti Beria and signed an alliance with the British and American and was now invading Imperial German Russia. A colossal host of around 1.6 million bloodthirsty Soviet revanchists were overrunning the crude German defensive line that was held by around 100,000 untested German new recruits and a further 200,000 other Berlin Pact soldiers who were trained even worse than the Soviets. Behind this thin and already crumbling line lay nothing but the open plains, dark forests and burgeoning cities of the Russian heartland, a land that had been a German colonial possession for 6 years and was packed with millions of nationalists all too willing to help the Soviet cause. With resources already stretching far in the fronts the Reichswehr was already committed to (worse still ½ million men had been promised to Germany’s South American Allies to defeat the Brazilians) the prospect of defeating this invasion was unlikely at best, however if Heuss could buy some time, perhaps only a month or two then the fronts in Spain and Britain could be closed and reinforcements sent to repel the Soviets. So it was in this desperate situation that Theodor Heuss issued, arguably, the most controversial order of the war. He ordered the General Staff to implement Plan 9: a scorched earth policy that would make the Berlin Pact armies in Russia obligated to burn everything East of Moscow as they retreated further and further eastward, fighting all the way. To use such a policy on ones own nation is bad enough but to use it on the recently conquered Russians would forever end the short period of cooperation and peace between the Germans and their Russian subjects, but as Heuss’ defence for years to come would remain: ‘’extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures’’.

eeet is ALIVE!

This is the first example of how my embelishments can make things more exciting :)

This AAR is now officially abandoned. I tried to bring it back but didn't have any good ideas and didn't really enjoy myself.

Sorry to anyone who has enjoyed reading this

I've now moved onto to a new project (link in sig)