• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ThisIsMyForumAccount

Second Lieutenant
22 Badges
May 23, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
I declare holy war on a bunch of filthy infidels. I move my armies in, but what's this? Another country has declared war for the exact same duchy. Now it's a messy struggle to try and occupy all of the holdings before they do, but you can't attack the armies of the country with the competing claim and you'll probably wind up not getting some of those holdings (or maybe you will, it's not always consistent) because they were occupied by the competing claimant. Or, if the country isn't huge, you might both occupy everything, but neither of you have enough warscore to enforce demands. This is absurd. You should be hostile to any other country that is actively at war for the same claim, or with an intersecting claim, at least, ie, I'm claiming a kingdom, someone else is trying to claim a duchy in that kingdom. At least make it toggleable. It's annoying as hell.

Upvote 0