• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Pretty sure the next DLC is going to be about the Soviets, they and Italy are the only 2 majors left with terrible old focus trees. And people were already really upset this DLC didn't include Soviet focus tree rework.
When it comes to ground combat and doctrines rework... i imagine if it does happen in one of the dlcs it's not necessarily going to be the Soviet DLC and will include all of the doctrines. That been said, since Man the Guns didn't include naval doctrine rework i wouldn't count on there ever being a land doctrine rework apart from minor balance tweaks here and there.
And as far as a general ground combat rework... i feel like it is fine-ish as is. Air combat and supply system are in a much bigger need for a rework.

a soviet focused dlc with a new soviet focus tree with their battle doctrines, reworked ground combat etc.

Yes, this always confused me; the USSR’s starting strategy in 1936 was the doctrine of "Mass Assault". And Tukhchevsky expert of this doctrine. But only by 1936 the main doctrine was “The Theory of Deep Operation” aka “Deep Battle”, and Tukhochevsky was one of the main theorists of Deep Battle
The conceptual basis of the theory of deep offensive combat is a massive impact on the entire tactical depth of the enemy's defensive orders with the aim of encircling and destroying it. To do this, use:

- a breakthrough of the enemy’s continuous front in certain selected directions, which is carried out by a sudden attack of infantry and tank units, with dense fire support by artillery,
- introduction of mechanized and cavalry units (success echelon) at the breakout site for encompassing strikes against targets in the depths of defense,
- air strikes on reserves and rear of the enemy in combination with Airborne assault forces to maintain high speed forward movement of strike groups

And in general, this doctrine was used in local conflicts before the Great Patriotic War, partly during the Great Patriotic War and completely during the Soviet-Japanese War, when more than 17,000 soldiers used in airborne operations captured key objects and increased the rate of advance of tank troops.
1380825000_2.jpg

1380825043_1.jpg
In general, this is Blitzkrieg with massive use of the Airborne Forces. And I think the USSR should have this particular doctrine, perhaps it should be the 5th doctrine, combining bonuses for tanks and airborne forces.