• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mohreb

Colonel
128 Badges
Jan 15, 2010
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Sword of the Stars
I was crusing in my game (speed 5) and sudenly seen one of my ally (father in law)having bad opinion on because i refused to help him in defensive war.
There was no notification or anything popping up asking me to defend him (and i just finished helping him 30 secondes before in an offensive war)
Why and What is happening?
Is there a setting to make "call to arms" pop up and pause sytematicaly?

• 2Like
Reactions:
did you stand your armies down without double checking for other wars?

There was no notification or anything popping up asking me to defend him (and i just finished helping him 30 secondes before in an offensive war)
Why and What is happening?
Is there a setting to make "call to arms" pop up and pause sytematicaly?
If only there were some kind of system that allowed the player to tell the game which notifications they were interested in...

• 3Like
  • 2Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I think there's an option to make the game pause if you get certain notifications. Pretty sure I did that for call to arms.

If only there were some kind of system that allowed the player to tell the game which notifications they were interested in...
I don't know where it is.
Could you please tell more specificaly?
in CK2 i know there was a long list of options, where i could set each and every message to the "level" i want it, but i don't find where to make that in CK3.

in CK2 i know there was a long list of options, where i could set each and every message to the "level" i want it, but i don't find where to make that in CK3.
it isn't there. x4077 is being sarcastic.

Unfortunately the only place to find it is in prior Paradox games, such as CK2. My post was more of a commentary on the controversial decision of Paradox not to include that sort of notification system in their newer generation of games, not about a failing on your part to find it in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Honestly I don't know why they didn't include a more robust notification system.

If anything it's more confusing and harder to get the hang of things because you just keep getting bombarded with notifications. To the point it becomes less confusing to have it off than on at times.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Do we know if they intend to include it, or is it a base design choice?
Maybe any @Dev can comment to us?
Allegedly, message settings like CK2 cannot be implemented in CK3, which is a clear design choice.

But call to arms seems to pop up anyway, or was that CK2 too and CK3 requires clicking tiny letter on top first? Silly that it does not force pause though given the consequences of declining. The other that can time out is ransom offers but hardly as critical. I am more worried about misclicking though if the message popped just as I was doing something else.

Yes. I've lost Renown because the War Notification blitzed across the screen, and was gone before I could do anything. Some Notifications are more important than others. Being Called into War warrants an Auto-pause so you don't blink and miss it...

Reactions:
I use that but haven't seen a setting to pause on call to arms (defensive and/or offensive)
Or for many of the messages in it.
That shouldn't require a Mod in the first place. The Devs should have made certain Notifications with an Auto-pause. Being Called into an Ally's War is one of those that need an auto-pause...

Reactions:
Yes. I've lost Renown because the War Notification blitzed across the screen, and was gone before I could do anything. Some Notifications are more important than others. Being Called into War warrants an Auto-pause so you don't blink and miss it...

The fact that we need to comment on this shit speaks volumes about the game..

I'm not sure if they fixed the problem where clicking away from the Call to Arms also meant refusing it. Is it really too much to ask that I'm allowed to check the diplomatic situation before I give my response?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Allegedly, message settings like CK2 cannot be implemented in CK3, which is a clear design choice.
Honestly? Sounds less like a design choice and more like technical debt if it can't be done. Which might actually explain why they didn't add options there.

I mean that's what it usually means when stuff could be done before but now can't. Something just isn't working anymore.