• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Slavicist

Field Marshal
15 Badges
Mar 1, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
I understand CS adds quite a bit to the game incl diplo. How precisely are declarations of war handled in it?

At the second campaign mission (Mountain Crossing), the Barbarians of Krolm are friendly until I decide to destroy them instead of going for the tough Ogre. Well...how precisely do I do that? They banned us from crossing their lands, but putting exploration flags into their base camp doesn't trigger anything (if it even should) at all. In fact, the Barbarians are so friendly they don't mind our entire stack of heroes just hanging out in their encampment.

Cold Sunrise? No, unfortunately- I played Maj2 pretty thoroughly, but while I kept general tabs on the expansions I don't *think* any of those were OSX-compatible, and the same problem cropped up with modding-efforts.

I *was* briefly involved in helping out the project with art-assets/translation, but then my forum access was frozen for some reason...? It's been years, though, so my recollection might be faulty.

Cold Sunrise? No, unfortunately- I played Maj2 pretty thoroughly, but while I kept general tabs on the expansions I don't *think* any of those were OSX-compatible, and the same problem cropped up with modding-efforts.

I *was* briefly involved in helping out the project with art-assets/translation, but then my forum access was frozen for some reason...? It's been years, though, so my recollection might be faulty.

It's superior to the vanilla game in every way conceivable.

The only downside is the missing slack official narrator from the series; the game's now quite and requires just reading the texts. A minor aspect overall; CS has got all the maps from the game and all three expansions and implements the fixes in nearly all of them. The campaign's arguably better, too.
Well, another downside, possibly more important, is that it doesn't port the previous three campaigns. So it means that you have got to play them through (including the insanely difficult ones) with all the issues still present. But they also have less replay value than CS' campaign and it basically means that you'd want to return only to finish the campaign (if you haven't done already). I don't know if it'd be possibly to mod the original campaigns, since some missions'd need definitely a bit of a balancing work due to the few major changes in CS (namely, that spells are now tied to their own specific building - the Library - instead of dispersed along the various guilds, including the Wizards' Guild, which only serves the purpose of further extending the range already granted by the library; the change is also interesting IMHO, since it makes you desperately protect the library late-game, just like e.g. the largely-upgraded Blacksmith).

I'm glad that the Library is included again, but I would have suggested that made spells available to the heroes, rather than the player. Or am I reading it wrong?

I'm glad that the Library is included again, but I would have suggested that made spells available to the heroes, rather than the player. Or am I reading it wrong?

Well yeah, it's just those spells you cast in general.

Though I completely don't understand, by way, why heroes still visit the library. I've checked there's nothing in the texts they're increasing their intelligence in it and I've failed so far to notice the changes if something in that manner happens.
Would make perfect sense if building it close to the Wizard's Tower finally enables it to have you quickly raise up your wizards, without having them just keep dying all the time under lvl 5 (the Clerics, at least, have got the Graveyard to pick off from (if they have got the Holy Bash).