• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(36958)

Recruit
Dec 16, 2004
Nov 7, 1944 bug!

I´ve been playing France in the 1939 Blitzkrieg senario and just as I´ve landed my invation force to liberate france the game crashes to the desktop in nov 7, 1944. If I load a saved game it crashes at the exact same date. I have reinstalled HoI and the english patch 1.06c but it doesn´t help. Is this a known bug :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Was the game started using the 1.06c patch or an earlier one? There was a bug in the pre-v1.05 scenario files for 1939 and 1941 that would cause a crash on that date. This was fixed in v1.05. If you started the game in an earlier version the bug would be stored in the savegame and cause the crash even if you installed a newer patch.

You could continue by editing the save as long as it's at least two days before the crash. From my post in the 1.04 Fix It Yourself thread:

Versions 1.00-1.04
1939 and 1941 scenarios
Symptom: the USA government becomes P.A. after loading a saved game and it's Head of Government shows 'none'.
EDIT: The Nov 7, 1944 CTD "USA Election Bug" seems to be another symptom of this bug.

Cause: in the scenarios\1939\usa.inc and scenarios\1941\usa.inc the Head of Govt. has the wrong minister ID. It has 6001 when it should be 6035. Both of these are F.D.R.

Fix: change 6001 to 6035 for headofgovernment. NOTE: headofstate is correctly 6001.

To fix an existing savegame open the .eug file in a text editor and search for roosevelt_franklin. That will take you to the USA's HeadOfState entry. The next block of text, which also has Roosevelt, is the HeadOfGovernment entry. Change the 'cabinet = replacement' to 'cabinet = ruling' and save the file. Reloading from this save should now give USA a Centrist government.