Debian 10 GNU/Linux: the whole map appears blue, 1.4 Archimedes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Teodosio7

GNU/Linux gamer
92 Badges
Oct 5, 2010
  • For the Motherland
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • 500k Club
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
Dear Paradox,

I started the game after the update to version 1.4 Archimedes and, to my dismay, the whole map appears blue. The UI is visible as normal. Screenshot attached.

I am running Debian GNU/Linux 10, KDE desktop environment and Nvidia GPU.

The problem persists with either low, medium or high graphical settings, in both fullscreen and windowed mode.

Any suggestion is appreciated! Many thanks,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200331_152949.png
    Screenshot_20200331_152949.png
    610,4 KB · Views: 17
Update: the map shows up on my laptop, same software configuration but Intel GPU instead of Nvidia.

Still, water and trees are not visible. In my settings, "game objects" is set to "high".
Same issue on latest Kbuntu. I tried everything thinking that it has to do something with mods, did clean reinstall twice, removed all files in local/share/Paradox Interactive/Imperator, but no trees and water still.

Intel video is not supported hardware, but nVidia should be fine of course.

Anyone got a supported distro (Ubuntu 18.04 or better) to check this on? My poor Ubuntu VM is not up to this game.

Yeah, Xubuntu 19.10 with nVidia drivers has missing water as well.
I tested this a little bit further and found that if you launch game in Windows with the same Imperator folder in My Documents you use in Linux, Windows version also has no water and trees. However if you delete that folder and let Windows version create its own all graphics work fine.
This does not work the same way in Linux sadly. No matter if I use files created by Windows version or completely delete and let game recreate it. Problem persists.

Update: the map shows up on my laptop, same software configuration but Intel GPU instead of Nvidia.

Still, water and trees are not visible. In my settings, "game objects" is set to "high".
Same here on Manjaro(
OS: Manjaro Linux; KERNEL: 5.4.28-1-MANJARO; CPU: AMD FX-8370E Eight-Core; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB; GPU DRIVER: NVIDIA 440.64; RAM: 16 GB)
Not sure if I should be able to see trees cause I was not able to play the game until the last update but there is not Water for sure even if I run the game with wine/proton.

EDIT: Screenshots without much ZoomnoZoom.jpg with a bit zoommidZoom.jpg and than with much zoommoreZoom.jpg I hope you can see that the water slowly disappears.

Last edited:
Ubuntu 18.04 here with nvidia drivers. Water and trees do not appear. Appears to be a Linux-wide problem!
That's what we needed, thank you! Please make a new thread in Bug Reports with the info from from this thread.

Sorry about that! I'll poke the devs as well.

That's what we needed, thank you! Please make a new thread in Bug Reports with the info from from this thread.

Sorry about that! I'll poke the devs as well.
Just so you know for the future possible bug fixing, both Kubuntu (which I posted about earlier) and Xubuntu (which another poster has) are the same Ubuntu systems just with different desktop flavors. So not only post you replied to mentioned Ubuntu, but also a few before that. All these distros have the same Ubuntu base, so they all should qualify as 'supported', At least that's how it works elsewhere in Linux world.

Same problem here, with Ubuntu 19.10
Everything was fine before 1.4
I'll check in the bug forum.

Hotfix doesn't fix the missing trees, but that's less of a major problem. No complaints about it, super grateful to have the hotfix as is.

Yeah, just managed to fix the "No trees" bug.
Update the mini-mod and see trees and rocks back again !

Good! This one I guess:
Fixed opengl shader issues related to map modes with colored water when zoomed in