Death or Dishonor - New Country Pack Announced!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope for new newspaper events, company icons, et cetera
May be it sounds strange, but after all its that small things that make full impression.
Because when Together for Victory came out I was really disappointed. I mean common, Canada takes Washington and nobody says anything, Aussy goes Axis and newspapers silent. And also, do you really want us believe that there was so little info about dominions, that you literally couldn't create icon for single factory company?
Yep, flavour pack

UI suggestions:
- Please change 'deploy airwing to airbase' pannel to just list the whole types of airplanes to select from (which then would get filled automatically with whatever are best available), instead of exact planes available or at least sort them into tabs by type of airplane. Currently this window turns into a mess in any long enough game.

- in the airwings missions manager make the list of planes on the top left bigger than the list of bases in the bottom left .

- stop showing naval airwing bombing encounters in which nothing happens, it's spammy.

- add general statistics page within the game (kinda like the ledger in eu4) for all casualties in all current and past wars for every country with a history of wars for every country, including peace conference results.

- add ctrl+click ability on the priority arrows in production menu to move a production line 5 or 10 positions up or down. Clicking through 50 lines, especially when the game is lagging takes a while.

- add buttons to countries diplomacy screen for each war the country is at, instead of just a list (it's hard to navigate and see the actual wars the country is participating in), each button will open a war window, kinda like the 'current war' buttons at the top, but for every country instead. Also make the countries flags clickable in the war window.

- add info on hover-over in the occupation policies menu about how many people and which resources you'll potentially get after changing a policy, for example it's worth changing china to the softest to get all the manpower and it's worth changing cuba to the harshest to get the resources for a very cheap PP cost (only 1 state to pay for to get 160 chromium), but it's kinda hard to decide for 20 countries currently, without spending hours.

- display population of provinces in hover-over in peace conferences.

Last edited:
It would be great if paradox could do something to simulate the time that it takes to train a pilot. Right now airwings are too easy and too fast to set up. In reality, Germany was squashed mainly due to the lack of decent pilots to pilot the planes (which in part of course was due to the planes being outclassed) more than the lack of production. So despite building more than 14000 Bf109s in 1944 then they were never able to mount any effective fighter cover.

I would like to see paradox using to the division builder or something similar so that you have dedicate manpower and a LOT of fuel to produce a pilot and that the number of pilots you have in training is limited by the size of your current airforce and size of total airbases. In the airwings, you would then have to match aircraft with pilots. Aircraft should suffer maintenance problems, lower readiness of overall aircraft, but you would still need more than 1 crew per plane to generate high levels of operations.This way you have no instant air forces and overnight expansion, just like it is impossible to do that with the army. Attrition and combat should naturally impact the number of available pilots. I would suggest that an aircraft loss over enemy territory would be 98% loss of crew, over a frontline / ocean 50% risk of loss of crew and over friendly territory 25% risk of loss of crew.

This would be very effective in making strategic bombing campaigns difficult to sustain due to aircrew losses, just like in real life, and make Operation Seelowe very complicated for the Germans.

Indeed, I hate these overgrown bouncy rats.

Seriously though. I mostly play axis countries and TfV adds very little that I would use.
The spearhead battleplan might be one thing, but the tactical AI is so dumb that I usually micro my attacks anyway.
TfV was a step in the right direction I think DoD wil much more give a unique feeling to these nations even if they're merely enemies or allies.

Is the time known for release?

After watching the last two game plays (involving Hungary) I really worry that this expansion pack will undermine Germany so much the game will no longer be balanced.
I don't think so. Definitely not if you play historical and even if you play ahistorical, it won't Imo undermine Germany so much. The game will actually be more balanced as Germany will no longer be so OP. So the balance will be more historical as irl, the 4 countries all were regional powers and so were powerful enough, while in game right now, the focus tree is as powerful as the tannu Tuva one, which doesn't make much sense. Anyway don't forget that in some ways they'll be weaker especially at the start, because of their debuts. For example Yugoslavia will actually be much weaker at the start, due to the nationalism debuffs

I really hope for new newspaper events, company icons, et cetera
May be it sounds strange, but after all its that small things that make full impression.
Because when Together for Victory came out I was really disappointed. I mean common, Canada takes Washington and nobody says anything, Aussy goes Axis and newspapers silent. And also, do you really want us believe that there was so little info about dominions, that you literally couldn't create icon for single factory company?
Yep, flavour pack
Yeah, hopefully they add more news events. Like one for each of the 4 if they change ideologies, if they join or create a faction, and then if they capture Moscow, Paris, Berlin, London, Washington D.C. or one of the other 3 capitals (so for Romania if they capture Budapest, Prague, etc.)

about 3hrs from now 3.30 central european summer time, its 12.45 right now :(:(
Yeah about 2hrs and 2o mins until release. Is it just me or is today moving slowly

Does this apply for a Steam version?
Yes, approximately. Third Rome is already released, Death or dishonor should be released soon

Downloading...Updating...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.