• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((@alxeu, if you've made all your decisions, I'll go ahead play Wednesday or Thursday.))

((@alxeu, if you've made all your decisions, I'll go ahead play Wednesday or Thursday.))

((Can't think of anything important. The Cretan situation can't even be acted upon now, so I'll hold off on my decision until we can do something about it.))

((Sorry for the delay; I'll be updating tomorrow!))

((That's good news to hear. I wonder if we'll manage to take the title of emperor in the future, or simply become powerful dynatoi.))

((I am almost certain e will eventually but it will take longer than a normal playthrough))

((I am almost certain e will eventually but it will take longer than a normal playthrough))
((Not if Aniketos manages to fulfil his ambitions - which I sadly doubt :p.))

((Not if Aniketos manages to fulfil his ambitions - which I sadly doubt :p.))

((Honestly, it feels as though Christophoros wants to outlive his heir.))

((My errands took a lot longer than expected; I'll definitely update tomorrow, though. Thanks for your patience!))

Year 12 of the Reign of Strategos Christophoros 'the old'

2 January 780: It is so unusual for a man to find love late in life, but our Mystikos, Laurentios, has found a new wife in the courtier Eupraxia.

c6u4Xck.jpg

However, in matters of the heart, we do not always succeed. The Ecumencial Patriarch has decided, and no divorce will be permitted. The Strategos has, rumor has it, taken matters in another direction.

7 June 780: The first castle, Patras, has surrendered to our commanders in the field.

HUUUMFn.jpg

1 September 780: Andravida has surrendered, condemning the Count of Achaia to a lengthy term in the dungeons of our magnificent Strategos.

QjVJPh2.jpg

The Strategos has rightly stripped the lad of all honors and titles. As to any other punishments, it is for His Grace and God to decide.

dMnhKi0.jpg

22 September 780: As a new peace settles in, His Grace is off to seek the White Stag.

HVRnmTS.jpg

14 November 780: For the first time in many years, His Grace hears from His Imperial Highness. He cries for his Empire, which has long been devastated by war and rebellion. He asks our Strategos's sage advice on passing a lower tax law, thinking that people of his Empire will be more placid with more money in his pocket.

His Grace's reply is to dismiss such a decision, condemning it as a potential act of weakness, which would lead to further rebellions, not fewer.

jTPznQa.jpg

21 November 780: The Hunt begins!

zZG69IP.jpg

3 December 780: News from Constantinople: the lower taxes are now law. The Strategos offers no further comment, but it is clear he is displeased.

XwVhKg1.jpg

14 December 780: HIs Grace returns to Korinthos empty-handed and with great sadness. His loyal friend, Mystikos Laurentios, has died.

H0JJtJh.jpg

zcWZPRl.jpg

Many say that the Mystikos lived a stressful life, particularly since he could not find a way of dealing with Her Grace's peculiar sense of humor. Eupraxia, his widow, is inconsolable. May God grant her peace.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Michaelangelo, with your score of 150, you may choose any unlanded or landed character, provided said landed character is not a member of the Royal Family.

@DragonOfAtlantis becomes the first character with 200+ points, earning +20 for the sieges and +25 for the victorious war. Congratulations!

((Of course he dies from severe stress. All these crazy nobles trying to murder each other gives him a lot of work. And now poor Eupraxia is widowed again and probably taking care of a two-year-old who isn't even hers. What a cruel virtual world. :rolleyes: Anyway, the save seems to still be the one from last time. If you have the latest one, I wouldn't mind seeing it to see what people are still around to pick from.))

((Slim pickings left. I suppose I shall pick Michael, Mayor of Kalamata. I assume he's going to be the new Mystikos since he has the highest intrigue skill of those available. May as well hold onto that role if I can to start hording up some points again. :D))

It appeared that God did not smile on Eupraxia. Perhaps it was punishment for her desire to kill her son. With the death of Laurentios, Sebastianos and she were all alone and afraid. And now she had Laurentios' young soon to take care of. She must be strong for her family and, with the strategitissa now a complete pariah, strong for the entire court.

Last edited:
Every day, as she prepared the strategitissa's chambers, Eupraxia looked for a way to kill her. Laurentios had enlisted her in a plot to eliminate the troublesome Alpaide before he had died, a plot he initiated at his liege's request. As the court-lady-in waiting, Eupraxia was in a perfect position to complete the task. After all, hardly anyone else saw the strategitissa now that she was shunned at court.

Eupraxia had been taught that murder was a sin. It bothered her somewhat to contemplate performing such a vile act, especially on someone that she had waited on since she was a girl. But Eupraxia had long conspired to murder Pelagios, her former lover's legitimate son, so that Sebastianos would have a better chance at claiming the county of Kaneia. If she was willing to go that far, then why should this be any different? She would be honoring her late husband wishes and protecting Aniketos, who thus far had been an excellent guardian and mentor to Sebastianos. Eupraxia worried about how Sebastianos would fare without a father but Aniketos seemed to be filling the role marvelously and little Sebastianos practically worshiped him. Who better than the future Strategos to mentor her son? If her scheme to elevate Sebastianos as Count of Kaneia did not come to fruition then he would still obtain a bright future with the connections that he was making with Aniketos and his children.

But the murder that Eupraxia was attempting to commit was for a crime identical to her own plot: attempting to murder a stepson. Eupraxia's plot had never come into fruition, unlike Alpaide's, but why should both women not suffer the same fate? Perhaps they would in the next life. Eupraxia could accept that fate, as long as her son would lead a better life than she had.

Unfortunately, Eupraxia had thus far not yet found a chance to dispatch Alpaide. She considered slitting the strategitissa's throat while she braided her hair but it would be very risky. She did not have the strength to overpower Alpaide or suffocate her with a pillow. Laurentios said that he would bring more conspirators to the plot and provide her with help but his untimely death had thrown the plot into disarray. As far as she knew, she and the Strategos were the only ones who knew about the plot to kill Alpaide, but of course she never dared to discuss it with her liege. Perhaps the next mystikos could finish Laurentios' work.

((Interestingly, Eupraxia is the only one in on the plot thus far.

Another interesting thing I noticed from the save is that the heir to the imperial throne, out grandson, was imprisoned by the rebels.

Gah, poor Eupraxia has no luck. Any takers for her hand in marriage?))

For my new Mystikos, I shall pick the most talented of those available, and I shall hope that whomever he is may be able to help me with "the matter."

In the meantime, is there anyone I can bribe to help with the "surprise" I am going to give my wife?

I'll have the new Mystikos posted to the capital, and my Chancellor, assuming he hasn't been able to prove my claims to wherever he currently is, will return home immediately, spend a short time posted back home, to report on his progress, and then shall be sent back. ((Remove him from the mission, and then return him to the same province with the same mission.)) Otherwise, he can begin proving my claims to a neighboring province that is not part of the empire.

Other than that, I believe my other councilors are doing their jobs quite nicely, and would like to see their missions continued. I would like to revoke Momnevasia as soon as our levies have recovered, but asides from that, I am done.

~Strategos Christophoros

Sergios just didn't know what to do. He needed to increase the Duke's savings, but the Duke had a bad habit of giving money to those who should be paying even more taxes. It was infuriating. He wouldn't be able to start any construction projects this year, he would only be able to continue collecting taxes. But there was one thing…

"My Lord. I have a request. Please find me a suitable wife."

(( Just keep collecting taxes. ))

((Find the Sakellerios a wife!

I don't care who he chooses, I'll probably agree to it ))

(( None stood out to me in the list, so just pick someone younger than my character. ))