• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Avindian

People's Commissar of the Navy
120 Badges
Jan 3, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Hello! Welcome to an all-new interactive iAAR in the Crusader Kings II universe (approved by Mr. Capiatlist)! In this iAAR, every player has a chance to become a ruler and guide the fate of our realm, but there are plenty of other interesting characters too. Everything is based around a novel mechanic I have invented that ensures that, over the course of a long game, lots of players will have interesting things to do.

Every player will have a certain status value, which has a base value of 100. At 100, when your character dies, you can adopt any character in the realm that is unlanded and unclaimed by another player. At 150, you can select any landed character that is not of royal blood (where “royal blood” means direct line of succession). At 200, you can choose the name of the next royal infant, which you will control upon maturity. At 250, you can choose any living unclaimed character.

Characters gain status by accomplishing tasks in the game. Everything below refers to newly acquired honors/titles/etc.; if a character already controls lands or honors when you select them, you get no credit for those.

Awards and titles
-- +5/10 for an honorary title (based on Opinion bonus)
-- +10 for commanding an army flank (15 for the center)
-- +25 if named to the Council
-- +30/40/50/60 for receiving a Baron/Count/Duke/King title (excluding the ruler’s title)

Actions
-- +25/50 for joining/leading a successful faction
-- +10/15 for winning a battle (flanks/center)
-- +10 for winning a siege (Commanders only)
-- +5 for winning a battle if your flank/center runs away
-- +25 for fabricating a claim (Chancellor only)
-- +25 for winning a war (Marshal and Chancellor only; Marshal can also receive battle bonuses if he is assigned to an army)
-- +10 for every new building started in a holding (Steward only)
-- +25 for every new holding started (Steward only)
-- +10 if a new building is started in your holding (Titled players only)
-- +25 for a completed plot (Spymaster only)
-- +5/10/15/25/30 for converting a character (Courtier/Baron/Count/Duke/King; Priest only)
-- + 10 for a new technology in the home province (Marshal, Steward, and Priest only)
-- + 10 for any positive councilor event (Chancellor, Marshal, Steward, Spymaster, and Priest)

The ruler may also give out +5 bonuses, at his discretion, once per player per year.

Losing points
-- -25 for losing a war (Marshal and Chancellor only)
-- -25 if plot fails and Assassin is caught (Spymaster only)
-- -25/50 for joining/leading a faction that fails (note: the faction has to actually deliver an ultimatum; no points for joining/leading factions that go nowhere)
-- -10/15 for losing a battle (flanks/center)
-- -5 for Court Jester
-- -25 for imprisonment for any reason
-- -50 for execution or banishment
-- -10 for blinding or castration (each, if Byzantine)
-- -15/20/25/30 for title revocation

Note: All rulers are immediately reset to 100 as they take the throne (including regency councils). This will prevent one player from getting two rulers in a row. Rulers cannot gain or lose points.

Possible character actions (excluding the ruler and Councilors)
All players control their respective persons. Although the ruler may order a player to do something, the player has the right to refuse (albeit with possible consequences). Regarding marriage, players may decide who they wish to marry, but this must be approved by the ruler. The ruler can also suggest a marriage partner, but the player is not obligated to accept. Any player may instigate proceedings against another player for any offense; the ruler is sole judge and may mete out punishments accordingly. Council members may give advice or even orders, based on their position and Crown Authority. Vassals control their own armies, but in a defensive war are obligated to raise them with or without permission. All players have the right to petition the ruler for anything once a year. Any actions taken by the AI on behalf of your character are considered binding (which includes inter-vassal wars, for example)

Crown Authority
Crown Authority affects the relationship between the ruler and his vassals, as well as the relationship between the ruler and the council. Crown Authority may only be altered by in-game mechanics.

Minimum Crown Authority: All vassals and council members are de facto nations unto themselves. The ruler may make strongly worded suggestions, but cannot give orders, and vassals/councilors may not be punished for refusing. Councilors may not be dismissed for any reason. Councilors alone make decisions for appropriate in-game events.

Low Crown Authority: All vassals and council members have complete discretion over their areas of responsibility, but are required to listen to and obey orders from the ruler for general policies and guidelines. Councilors may be dismissed only with cause. Councilors make decisions for in-game events, but the ruler may overrule a councilor once per year.

Medium Crown Authority: The ruler has the right to order councilors and vassals to do anything he requires, but he is obligated to listen to their advice before taking any actions. The ruler may change councilors once every five years for any reason. Councilors make decisions for in-game events, but the ruler can overrule them at any time.

High Crown Authority: The ruler is no longer under any obligation to listen to councilors or vassals and may act unilaterally, but councilors and vassals retain the right to make their voices heard without punishment after the fact. The ruler may change councilors once a year for any reason. The ruler makes all in-game events decisions, but after consulting councilors.

Absolute Crown Authority: Vassals and councilors have exactly as many rights as the ruler chooses to give them and no more. He may freely ignore anyone he wishes and can punish them without penalty for any reason. All councilors serve at the pleasure of the ruler and may be dismissed at any time. The ruler makes all in-game event decisions.

Responsibilities of major characters (“he” is used for the purposes of clarity, but females are permitted to hold office if the game allows it).

Ruler
The ruler makes all major policy decisions, alone or with the consultation of an appropriate councilor. He assigns all titles and honors and appoints all councilors and commanders. He determines his Ambition and Ruler Focus. He is the sole judge in all disputes. He alone can change succession laws, realm laws, and obligation laws (within in-game constraints). He controls all demesne levies and retinues. He declares war and peace (with consultation, as Crown Law requires). All decisions not expressly left to a councilor are his to make.

Councilors
Note: All Councilors decide what their character does; i.e. scheming for Spymasters, fabricating claims for Chancellors, etc., although the ruler may make suggestions as Crown Law permits.

Chancellor
The Chancellor is responsible for all areas of foreign policy. Any event which has foreign implications is decided by him. He should be consulted in matters of war and peace, as Crown Law requires. The Chancellor is also expected to be a consultant in matters of marriage.

Marshal
The Marshal controls and operates the army as the ruler assigns. All military events are decided by him. He consults on the selection of commanders and sets overall strategy and objectives during a war, unless the ruler himself commands the army, in which case the Marshal merely acts as an adjutant or chief of staff. He decides the application of military technology. He has the authority to hire mercenaries, in consultation with the Steward and the ruler.

Steward
The Steward is the chief domestic policy advisor for the ruler. He allocates revenues and orders the construction of buildings and new holdings for the royal demesne. He must consult with the vassal before building anything in another ruler’s demesne. Any economic events are decided by him, as are any new economic technologies.

Spymaster
The Spymaster is the ruler’s primary source of information and intrigue. He collects all intelligence requested of him and assigns plots. He decides all intrigue events.

Priest
The Priest is the chief spiritual and cultural advisor to the ruler. He decides all religious and cultural events (except for conversion, which is the ruler’s decision to make) and allocates cultural technology points.

Honorary titles
All honorary titles except Designated Regent and Commander have no formal authority.

Designated Regent
In case of illness or sickness, the Designated Regent serves as the ruler’s replacement. There are no requirements for a regent apart from those set by the game. The Regent may not change succession laws, declare war, or any other crown laws; apart from that, he is the equal of the ruler.

Commanders
The ruler appoints all commanders in consultation with the Marshal (based on Crown Law). Each army has a General (no in-game equivalent) that is responsible for that army’s conduct during the campaign. Generals are expected to consult on strategy and the appointment of flank commanders (generals are always in the center).

Vassals
Apart from any other obligations/authority they may hold, vassals must be consulted before raising their levees unless Crown Law is High or Absolute. The Steward should also consult them regarding any construction in their demesnes.

Gameplay/Updates

The default turn for an update will be one year. The sequence for one year would look like this:

1. Ruler decides on an overall course for the year, consulting councilors as necessary. He should also hand out all honors/titles that have not already been handed out.

2. Councilors make plans as the ruler asks and decide their personal actions.

3. I begin play. If a decision is required, I will notify the appropriate parties.

4. I will update, making alterations to the status board as necessary.

5. I post a new save and the cycle continues.

Inactivity

Players who control a character with one of the court positions or the ruler are expected to be regularly active in the iAAR. If you anticipate a lengthy absence, please notify both me and the current monarch. Councilors who do not submit plans--or confirm the lack of such plans--will have their jobs taken over by the ruler for one game year. If they have not contacted me after the game year, the ruler may feel free to replace that person. An active player can choose to swap characters, or the ruler may simply give the position to another active player. If the ruler is inactive, I will serve as ruler until the death of that character or until the ruler's activity resumes. Inactive players may not be selected to fill any post, including the ruler.

Save file (updated as of 5 July 2017)

In order for this save file to work, you must have CKII 2.5.2.1. Older or newer versions may allow you to see the save, but there are no guarantees.You are always free to ask me for information if you cannot access the save.

DLCs denoted with a * are purely cosmetic and may not make a difference as far as loading the game goes. I also have five song packs.

Etiquette
All out-of-character posts should go in double parentheses (( )). If a player is being disruptive in a non-role playing sense, please contact me directly. Do not hash out non-AAR related grudges or disputes within the AAR.

We are accepting new players at this time.

Attachments

• Achaia786_01_03_2.7z
    2,2 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Player Roster

Players designated with a bolded "I" are currently considered "inactive". Inactive players cannot become the ruler, regardless of point totals, nor can they serve at court. A single post in the thread will restore your active status.

Forum name -- status points -- Character name -- titles/roles (if any)
alxeu -- 100 -- No character
alscon -- 100 -- Aniketos Laloudious, Count of Achaia
Idhrendur -- 180 -- Sergios, Sakellarios (Steward) of Achaia
Dohaeris -- 120 -- Loukas, Bishop of Nauplion and Court Chaplain of the Duchy of Achaia I
DutchGuy
-- 100 -- No character I
Kroft
-- 125 I
Wahuhi
-- 125 I
B5Alpha --
100 -- Anastasios Klados, Count of Monemvasia I
Sir Dippingsauce
-- 80 -- Basileos Peleponnesites I
Thahoward
-- 100 -- Samuel, Bishop of Pyrgos, Court Chaplain of the County of Achaia I
-- 125 I
DragonofAtlantis
-- 215 -- Kallistos, Protostrator (Marshal) of Achaia
AMANONLY -- 125 I
BelisariustheGreat
-- 100 -- Stephanos, Commander of Achaia
Dadarian -- 125 I
Keinwyn
-- 160 -- Nikodemos, Commander of Achaia I
The Number 9
-- 125 I
Marschalk
-- 150 -- Theodoulos, Magistros (Chancellor) of Achaia I
Michaelangelo
-- 175 -- Laurentios, Mystikos (Spymaster) of Achaia
Firehound15 -- 125 I
KF25
-- 130 -- Zoe, second daughter and third child of the Strategos of Achaia
Qwerty7 -- 125 I
Andrzej I
-- 125 I
KekiusMaximus
-- 125 I
Andre Massena
-- 100 -- Eupraxia

Table of Contents

Current approved plans (769)

The reign of Strategos Christophoros 'the Old' of Achaia
Year 1: 769
Year 2: 770
Year 3: 771
Year 4: 772
Year 5: 773
Year 6: 774
Year 7: 775
Year 8: 776
Year 9: 777
Year 10: 778
Year 11: 779
Year 12: 780
Year 13: 781
The death of Christophoros

The reign of Count Aniketos 'the Cruel' of Achia
Year 1: 782-783
Year 2: 784
Year 3: 785

Last edited:
While we aren't going to start the new AAR immediately, we do need two things: players and lands to call our own! If you want to be part of the AAR, for now, just post in this thread and, if you like, share a recommendation for an interesting county or duchy to began as (nothing larger than that to start, we need somewhere to go!) We'll start in 762 AD.

EDIT: Initial characters will be assigned first come first served; the first person to join can choose to be the first ruler, then other characters as available. I'll post a list once we have a country.

I'll join.

A county or duchy, eh? Well, there is Kent/Middlesex/East Anglia in England, though between the Vikings, and the larger duke-level countries in Britain (Wessex and Mercia) it might be way too difficult.

Mercia/Wessex/Northumbria might be too big for what you are looking for, though, so we could also do the Welsh, who strike a good balance between size and defensiveness, while still being threatened by Vikings. Plus, though I can't recall if they've been nerfed, the Welsh have longbowmen, for later. And also, who doesn't want to avenge all those killed by the Saxon invaders?

I'd like to join.

I second taking any British realm other than Northumbria/Wessex/Mercia/Pictland. There are multiple independent ones, both tribal and feudal rulers, potential for future viking raids, getting involved on the continent... and unlike in East Africa, there is no evil caliphate nearby.
Should it be a tribal or a feudal start?
Starting date is 769 AD, I think :rolleyes:.

(( Interesting. I'll join up for the ride, for sure. I'm a little ambivalent about a start in England, but only because I've been slowly working a game there myself. So don't take my wariness as discouragement. Another idea might be being a part of Frankia as a minor ruler. I could easily see the HRE forming as work our way up, and then our internal fractiousness causing it to split. :D ))

(( Do you have any problems with inexperienced players? Not in the game itself, but in interactive AARs, because I've never been part of one. If not, I'd love to give it a go. ))

I'll join.

A county or duchy, eh? Well, there is Kent/Middlesex/East Anglia in England, though between the Vikings, and the larger duke-level countries in Britain (Wessex and Mercia) it might be way too difficult.

Mercia/Wessex/Northumbria might be too big for what you are looking for, though, so we could also do the Welsh, who strike a good balance between size and defensiveness, while still being threatened by Vikings. Plus, though I can't recall if they've been nerfed, the Welsh have longbowmen, for later. And also, who doesn't want to avenge all those killed by the Saxon invaders?

That's one idea, sure.

I'd like to join.

I second taking any British realm other than Northumbria/Wessex/Mercia/Pictland. There are multiple independent ones, both tribal and feudal rulers, potential for future viking raids, getting involved on the continent... and unlike in East Africa, there is no evil caliphate nearby.
Should it be a tribal or a feudal start?
Starting date is 769 AD, I think :rolleyes:.

Yes, 769 is correct. :) As far tribal vs. feudal, I'm open to anything!

(( Interesting. I'll join up for the ride, for sure. I'm a little ambivalent about a start in England, but only because I've been slowly working a game there myself. So don't take my wariness as discouragement. Another idea might be being a part of Frankia as a minor ruler. I could easily see the HRE forming as work our way up, and then our internal fractiousness causing it to split. :D ))

I'm somewhat against an England start myself, but I'll listen to all ideas.

(( Do you have any problems with inexperienced players? Not in the game itself, but in interactive AARs, because I've never been part of one. If not, I'd love to give it a go. ))

Not at all, we'd love to have you!

Certainly in. Anglo Saxon england perhaps ?

Seems a popular choice thus far.

Sounds interesting, I've participated in some Vicky interactive bits and I'm a big England buff. Interested!

Great!

I've added everybody to the character roster page, which is where we'll keep track of points, etc. Make sure you read over the rules; if anything is unclear or if I've missed something, please let me know.

I'd like to gather more country ideas as well. Wales seems popular, but I do like Idhrendur's idea of somewhere in West Francia as well. Once we have a goodish list, we'll vote, which will let me start setting up available characters, which I'm sure we're all interested in. (BTW, I will not be playing as a character in the iAAR. I think managing things will be challenging enough.) The only requirements are that I don't want to start with a kingdom or even a large duchy. I'm not concerned about my ability to manage a large realm; I think it's more fun to start small and work your way up. :)

Consider me highly interested.

As for a nation I would be interested in playing this through, I am always interested in a Basque AAR (Cognatic Succession FTW.) I'll be down for anything though.
Being a Basque Lord of Dax is entirely fun to play through, especially when the Emperor of West Francia won't fight your independence faction.

Consider me highly interested.

As for a nation I would be interested in playing this through, I am always interested in a Basque AAR (Cognatic Succession FTW.) I'll be down for anything though.
Being a Basque Lord of Dax is entirely fun to play through, especially when the Emperor of West Francia won't fight your independence faction.

Interesting idea! We'll add to the list for possible choices.

Just a query: When this AAR lasts to the end of CKII, are we going to import into EUIV? A campaign that lasts into EUIV would be quite enjoyable.

I'm not sure if you can import EUIV into Victoria, but such a continued campaign would be most lovely!

((If you are against England, then what about an Abbasid duke-level vassal, or similar start in Byzantium/Ummayyad. That way you could destroy the blob like some sort of cancerous growth inside of it.))

Just a query: When this AAR lasts to the end of CKII, are we going to import into EUIV? A campaign that lasts into EUIV would be quite enjoyable.

I'm not sure if you can import EUIV into Victoria, but such a continued campaign would be most lovely!

((EUV might be out by the time we actually finish the CKII AAR, but sure, I'll consider it in some fashion if possible. There are less interesting characters to play, so I don't know if it would be as fun from an interactive standpoint.))

((If you are against England, then what about an Abbasid duke-level vassal, or similar start in Byzantium/Ummayyad. That way you could destroy the blob like some sort of cancerous growth inside of it.))

((I kind of like the idea, now that you put it that way. It'll go on the list! (Specifically Byzantines, since I'm concerned about succession wars with an Islamic character and the chaos that would inflict upon our players.))

I'll give it a shot. I'll also second West Francia and Basque ideas. Dax sounds fun.

Welcome aboard! :)

Dippingsauce can into byzantine emperor?

Or old Frisia... (Similar culture and language, in the rough region of what later would be the netherlands)

On that note, Byzantium is fine too... in that case I advise the Duchy of Achaia, on the Peleponessos, because SPARTANS and lingering hellenism even in this time

Frisia could be interesting as well. My votes are 1. Some anglo saxon earl or petty kingdom. 2. in old Frisia and 3. being in Saxony and resisting the Christian onslaught (and most likely turning Catholic...)