• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings;
Threre was a patch for SotS2 recently, but developers refuse giving us patch notes, with Mecron (their boss) saying that there is some sort of "danger" behind patching game and claiming that there was no patch, "just swamp gas". I wanted to ask if Paradox have something to do with it.
-T.

I can't see anything in steams update history - I don't really know what you're referring to.

/shams

There is no Steam news(don't know if you have a more reliable check on the publisher side of things) but supposedly there was a 2.0.25104.1 at some point.
Some people call it "the placebo patch" because it's undocumented and has no clear effect.

There is no Steam news(don't know if you have a more reliable check on the publisher side of things) but supposedly there was a 2.0.25104.1 at some point.
Some people call it "the placebo patch" because it's undocumented and has no clear effect.

Since we don't know and the devs say it's nothing I think it's safe to say that its nothing.

/shams

I can't see anything in steams update history - I don't really know what you're referring to.

/shams
Well, there was a patch. They just did not announced it. Before, version number of the game was 2.0.25092.5, now it's 2.0.25104.1. One noticeable change was the AI aggressiveness going through the roof compared to passive AI before patching.

I also have been told that your information is unreliable, because you're not Paradox CEO.

Well, there was a patch. They just did not announced it. Before, version number of the game was 2.0.25092.5, now it's 2.0.25104.1. One noticeable change was the AI aggressiveness going through the roof compared to passive AI before patching.

I also have been told that your information is unreliable, because you're not Paradox CEO.

Trust me - the one with the most up-to-date info regarding patches about 2-3 year old games is not the CEO of the company.

I double checked with the producers - we've got nothing on our end - if it was patched and actually contained anything I'd check with the devs again. We don't even have a repo of the game up and running.

Sorry.

/shams

A patch was made, and the 'denials' are really just joking denials ("are you sure it wasn't aliens who made the patch?", stuff like that). It looks like one of three things: Kerberos is paranoid, Paradox is lying (which makes no sense to me: why not allow patches that you don't pay for?), or Kerberos wants to manipulate the people on their own forums.

Honestly, regardless of which of the three it is, its seems like Kerberos blames Paradox for everything that happened and is trying to get its fan base to do the same.

A patch was made, and the 'denials' are really just joking denials ("are you sure it wasn't aliens who made the patch?", stuff like that). It looks like one of three things: Kerberos is paranoid, Paradox is lying (which makes no sense to me: why not allow patches that you don't pay for?), or Kerberos wants to manipulate the people on their own forums.

Honestly, regardless of which of the three it is, its seems like Kerberos blames Paradox for everything that happened and is trying to get its fan base to do the same.

Someone (a player) who has updated the game via steam recently from version 2.0.25092.5 to version 2.0.25104.1 should just check which files in game folder (i.e. "\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sword of the Stars II\" ) have the newest date of modification in their properties (so, it means that these files have been updated and redownloaded from steam recently). It's easy to look up via Windows Explorer search function by searching all files ("*") in game folder and using a "Date modified:" search filter.

By resulting file names we will be able to see what game aspects have been updated. For example, if file "Bem_Hvy_Cutting.weapon" have been changed - it means that developer has added some balancing corrections to this weapon. If file "techtree.techtree" has been changed - we have some update to technologies, etc.

Using this way we would be able to create something like a "community changelog" describing what game aspects have been affected by 2.0.25104.1 update.

So, we just need the updated file list to uderstand what is happening with the game.

PS: Paradox should address the Kerberos and clearly state to them that THERE WON'T BE ANY NEGATIVE SANCTIONS FROM PARADOX if Kerberos will publish a normal changelog for 2.0.25104.1 update. Maybe Kerberos are fearing something, but Paradox should calm them down and ask to publish the changelog.

Last edited: