• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope not man this just by the mere concept sounds like my dream game.
Oh the potential for being a conspiring douche is incredibly high.
Underground labs developing viruses and deadly chems.
Coercing politicans into cooperation with juicy pictures of them and the misstress
A elite team of mercs out there just to cause havoc and blow s**t up.
All in a uncaring corporate dysptopian atmosphere where only profits matter.

If its just 1/3 of the promised content id give both my kidneys to play it.

I'm sure you're a huge Syndicate fan, like me, but look.

This game has an official sub-forum set up on what is an ultimately commercial website.

Magna Mundi is dead, they no longer have a sub-forum. I expect if Cartel were to be cancelled, they would remove this sub-forum too, after giving us a chance to vent and cry about it.

Just wait for them. They are taking their time, and that's GOOD. We don't want this to be rushed. That is what ruins a game. Have a little patience and I'm sure they won't let us down.

I get your frustration - but when the "PR-campaign" starts you'll know it.

From a development standpoint we decided early on that we weren't going to rush the game - getting it right is the most important thing considering all the different volatile elements involved in making a game that treads closely to a huge fan favorite.

/s

From 1 July 2012 so I wouldn't say the game is dead yet.

The Satellite Reign Kickstarter is slowing a tad... for all those hoping and wishing for the Syndicate (Wars) spiritual successor, I'd urge you to shift your attention (and pledged support) to:

***REMOVED LINK***

They've just done their interview with the top pledger (founder of XE.com) who gets to be the evil CEO ingame:

***REMOVED LINK***

EDIT: Apologies BjornB. As you say, users can Google up the link to Satellite Reign themselves.

Last edited:
I've pledged for a bunch of 500k$ + kickstarter project and I have yet to see a single one finished, I think I ll wait to see the result of those games before I pledge more.

I've got no idea why they kept this one under wraps, but the new video is seriously amazing. Those lighting and reflection effects will create an amazing atmosphere.

[video=youtube;mub2lKel9JE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mub2lKel9JE[/video]

Any word on what it was that did for this game? Was it:

1) Legal issues with EA?

2) Development issues?

3) The release of XCOM?

4) Something else?

Or some combination of the above?