• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm a bit unsure on trade-offs, but did anyone mention the duchy limit?
I'd like to see Scutage from CKI.
I assume you mean EU4. I guess it is currently partially covered with the crown laws.

Last edited:
I'd like to see some kind of bonus for having wrong culture vassals to encourage less conformity and less map painting by both player and AI. The negative opinion penalty can stay of course. But wrong culture vassals should have to offer up higher taxes and levy than other vassals or something? So you'd be trading realm stability for money and troops.

I don't know that there's historical precedent for that. But I think it strikes a good balance game play wise.

As a few have previously touched upon, I think I would like to see two things:
1) It being more difficult to manage a larger empire.
2) There being more benefits, bonuses, and flavor events for staying relatively small--say one kingdom. That, and more flavor for playing as a vassal. I honestly think it should be more fun to play a vassal of a large domain than rule it directly.

In addition to staying small, some system by which a realm could become tall as opposed to wide would be interesting. Perhaps implementing a population mechanic and laws that affected population growth and drift between provinces--something akin to the population mechanic in horse lords. Staying at peace would allow the population to grow faster/not get destroyed by war and subsequent famine due to farmers being away. It would be better if buildings generated troops as a function of province population, rather than a set number based on building level. In this way we could build up a strong, smaller, centralized state that is both economically prosperous and populated.