DD #99: Vitruvius and How We Work

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is the first time I like to make a comment of Imperator Rome and its DLC's /updates etc.
Having seen what a game Crusader Kings 3 is on RELEASE and thinking what happened here in "The IR spheres" makes me wonder what kind of communication this is !
pixelatedGWs_02.png

Are you out for attention? Then I could make an effort to understand why you are doing it.. But it's only a COULD..
If it is meant as a serious effort then I think it's maybe the weirdest attempt to "communicate" with the customers of a game, ever?
I hope you are aware of that IF the dlc is a lousy no good one the critics will multiply when it comes out...

This much for STRATEGY !

Reactions:
Yeah, whatever they have planned, it better be good. With the hype they have been building up and the complete lack of information this new DLC has to be the truly revolutionary, otherwise it’ll be the biggest PR disaster since sunset invasion.

I'm starting to think wonders /monuments may not be it, because it's not wholly new, even if they show on the map. Stellaris kind of has that with galactic wonders. that's in space, but still.

on one hand, there's this hype:
As a matter of fact, what we have in store for you is so far unprecedented in any of our other GSGs, and we think it will be a perfect addition to the I:R setting.

on the other hand, there's this to take it down a notch:
we discarded a couple of the more exotic ideas before zooming in on the strongest candidate, one that we in the Thalassic team immediately felt a huge appetite for. The idea itself came from Arheos backlog of features and improvements he would like to have added to the game.

edit:

Though who am I kidding, obviously its wonder/monument related with this teaser in play...
Was Stonehenge intentionally removed from Cunetio in that first image?
But its a bit confusing that they would say its unprecedented. It's not like they don't consider Stellaris a GSG or is it .. ? maybe wonders is only part of it, and there's something else that is new and unprecedented?

Last edited:
Reactions:
100th DD to announce Vitruvius. Great move, lol!
I think it will be something very big, but I don't want to disappoint myself next week so I'll keep low expectations.

Reactions:
I'm starting to think wonders /monuments may not be it, because it's not wholly new, even if they show on the map. Stellaris kind of has that with galactic wonders. that's in space, but still.

on one hand, there's this hype:

on the other hand, there's this to take it down a notch:

edit:

Though who am I kidding, obviously its wonder/monument related with this teaser in play...

But its a bit confusing that they would say its unprecedented. It's not like they don't consider Stellaris a GSG or is it .. ? maybe wonders is only part of it, and there's something else that is new and unprecedented?

Boldly chosen words ;p might bite them in the butt later xD Not that I care.

Edit; I mean I probably won't be disappointed

Reactions:
Well the colossuem,etc there were great buildings,monuments in this era.
Yeah. If a city builder is added and it's GOOD and lots of fun, well sure it would help this game...
But I think it need more than that

• 3Like
Reactions:
by the way,
Was Stonehenge intentionally removed from Cunetio in that first image?

who am I kidding, obviously its wonder/monument related with this teaser in play...
Well the colossuem,etc there were great buildings,monuments in this era.

yeah but the goddamn Stonehenge is missing in the first picture. isn't that from 4000 BC or something?

• 2Like
Reactions:
A bit but it could have been built,no.
Oh for sure, given that this isnt exactly the best time for wonders VS the eras right before and after any wonder system would have to reach in either direction. I'm sceptical of why so much time would be spent on something like that but I'll await details.

Reactions:

I think Stellaris was marketed as a 4X?

Reactions:
yeah but the goddamn Stonehenge is missing in the first picture. isn't that from 4000 BC or something?

3100 BCE - 1600 BCE, ish. It was built over a long time period. During the Celtic period it was pretty abandoned, and much was used as farmland until the Roman period when people seemed to take some interest in the henge again.

I do hope it has to do with the DLC that Stonehenge is part of not being active, and not some kind of wierd ahistorical Stonehenge building option.

Reactions:
Oh for sure, given that this isnt exactly the best time for wonders VS the eras right before and after any wonder system would have to reach in either direction. I'm sceptical of why so much time would be spent on something like that but I'll await details.

It isn't really about wonders in the sense of the seven wonders of the ancient world, but more great and impressive architectural and engineering works.

The thing The Rock is hiding in the first picture is for example (the baths of) Bath, while the second image could be showing the Heroon of Aeneas. Other 'great works' of the period are, for example, the military and civilian Cothon of Carthage, the Royal Mausoleum of Mauritania and Medghacen, the Colossos of Rhodes and Pharos (obviously), the expansion of Dodona, Herod's Temple and parts of Palmyra.

Things like the Colosseum, Pont du Gard and Al-Khazneh are a bit later, but I see no reason why they couldn't be moved up into the games time frame.

Reactions:
3100 BCE - 1600 BCE, ish. It was built over a long time period. During the Celtic period it was pretty abandoned, and much was used as farmland until the Roman period when people seemed to take some interest in the henge again.

I do hope it has to do with the DLC that Stonehenge is part of not being active, and not some kind of wierd ahistorical Stonehenge building option.
hm, yes. perhaps there are options to interact with old wonders like move the stones of Stonehenge and erect them somewhere else in honour of some deity etc...

A build system overhaul? That might make the late game less of a slog! As it stands you have to spam 5 or more copies of the same building (depending on pop type) in every little city on the map, unless you're running the mega-city strategy, and you can take about 50 territories every war.