DD #99: Vitruvius and How We Work

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My bet:

- Obviusly overhaul to construction and building
- New building system
- Maybe we need resource extraction and routes to buildings
- Maybe we need and unlock blueprints via tech
- Special buildings: Monuments

Edit: guys the post actually does nice teasers, please read carefully and pay attention to the images.

Last edited:
  • 13Like
  • 5Love
Reactions:
I am happy for you, i am glad to know about your enthusiasm and i am willing and waiting to see what you got for us!

However, please consider this is the second DD diary with no info about game but teasers. This is frustrating. Give us something something more.

• 10Like
Reactions:
The building part of the interface looks identical to what we know, at least the part that is visible.
I wouldn't bet much on a building rework...
Also note that it's not Rome that's open in the interface, which speaks against the capital-only feature someone suggested.

The same goes for trade - part of the interface is visible and looks very similar to what we know. So no trade rework probably.

• 1Like
Reactions:
My bet:

- Obviusly overhaul to construction and building
- New building system
- Maybe we need resource extraction and routes to buildings
- Maybe we need and unlock blueprints via tech
- Special buildings: Monuments

Edit: guys the post actually does nice teasers, please read carefully and pay attention to the images.

This is what I assume too. Perhaps tying the trade system to buildings on top of this.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Following Imperator is a damn roller coaster. You get one update that makes me think: Damn this game has hope. And then the next update makes me rethink not refunding from Steam. Let's hope this is a good one.

• 1Like
Reactions:
1600090718324.png

The city interface and buildings, as far as we can see at least, looks exactly the same. So I'm not hoping for some kind of building system overhaul or anything. But it seems very hinted that the features are at the very least building related. Which is a good thing, city building and province management is Imperator's foremost strength, and I think it's good they focus on fleshing that out as it would build Imperator's niche within the PDX games.

I am hoping for a building system overhaul down the line, there's so much more potential than what exists currently. But I'm kind of glad it's probably not coming yet, because I'd be out of a job with my building modding ;)

• 4Like
Reactions:
VSR0vIx9YB81wpT8jdr86Qe_KQJ0ZWOVuO6klMPi4X4xjzBw8nm6uc1dDAlwMxF6DguVeExEYI-K4bIqHRsllyjV_acbkU_4HDtw75DnVy5xl2c5aF9CkWzX9l5OkQx_lVqdooaT

We know you wonder what we are working on, there’s been a few rocks in our path, but we feel confident that it’ll be a great update worth waiting for.

So there is one new button on the top right? (2nd from right side? What could it be? Looks like a woman, but what else? With the "joke" about Dwayne Johnson, maybe something like famous authors and their texts to store in a library in your capital? If i think about it it would be pretty similar to the religion update however...
Or is it more about the "wonder" part? That we might be able to create our own wonders in the ancient world?

The temple building on top right however might actually be something like a city builder...Which would really really please me!

• 5Like
Reactions:
That's a lot of hyping for a single DD. Here is hoping the update will live up to it =)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Maybe its nothing, but when I catch it right - thts the start date before something has happend - so whats this kind of thing?

pixelblock.png

This is so cryptic that it might make people end up disappointed from letting their imagination get ahead of them before anything is actually announced.

As for my own imagination, I think these pictures and their descriptions are ripe with hints toward some kind of monuments /wonder system. Likely with some kind of connections to wider notions of nation-building and characters/families.

edit: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...f-it-in-imperator-rome.1334789/#post-26274620

searched for wonders and monuments and found this post of mine from February. felt cute, might delete later.

Last edited:
  • 12Like
Reactions:
Maybe its nothing, but when I catch it right - thts the start date before something has happend - so whats this kind of thing?
that's the error tracker, like the error dog in HoI4 or Errorhoof in CK3
So there is one new button on the top right? (2nd from right side? What could it be? Looks like a woman
that's mercenaries, always been there

Reactions:
Wouldn't it be "domi"?
I think it's a Monty Python reference, but now I want to know. Do you use the locative, if applicable, to describe a destination? That rings a bell, but my memories are blurry.

• 3Haha
Reactions: