• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey Fernando,

thanks for the compliment, :). Very cool. Sorry it didn't work out with DH. I'm sure you noticed but i found the old DD forum and saw you converted Compendium over to DH, nice.

I loaded patch 1.3b for Arm and played the armageddon Scen., love it, nice change to historic WW2. ofcourse i'm modding it. never looked at it before.

I think i might do a Diary of a madman, modder and go over all i have learned the last 5 years. :) Cheers

Don't know when, i have to DL beta 7. I thought the Devs might put out the full release by now, but guess not.

i didn't want to update every beta. i will see if i can look at it this weekend.

How is the mod running? How many divs does Sov have in may 41. if historical. Who do you play. have you gotten to dday?,

hey I never gotten to those dates cause I keep updating my game. Although what I see from your ai during beta 6 was that SOV are actually following realistic research. IN ARMA IC. What dificulty lvl u set this one up? normal/normal? AS well as what should I ise on the event where i can change the dificulty ( complicate it a bit?)

Ive been porting to AOD IC since beta 7 trying to make up my mind what should I focus on my game ARMA or AOD. With beta 7 USA actually attacked south france@.@ late 1942ish so maybe you could look at that

hey I never gotten to those dates cause I keep updating my game. Although what I see from your ai during beta 6 was that SOV are actually following realistic research. IN ARMA IC. What dificulty lvl u set this one up? normal/normal? AS well as what should I ise on the event where i can change the dificulty ( complicate it a bit?)

nice to see good Sov research, do you see any research diff between Aod and Arm?

I use normal/normal and no changes to event question. My aim is to have a difficult game on normal settings.

HI all,

I have converted files to 1.03 beta 8 and now i will look at beta9 and convert. i will have patch out soon.

OT, i have read your other posts, i will look at fra HQ's, i will lower number to build.

I have added Nuke research to USA. i never looked at it before. i am happy with combat in N.africa.

HI all,

DB'd Ai mod Ver 3.01 beta4 is out. Check first post for DL. It has been converted to IC 1.03 beta9.

I have not done a full hands off test run but all should be fine. I have only added 3 or 4 events and changed values in the ai files.

Report any issues here. Let me know if ther is something you might want to see in the game and feed back on game play,

Cheers!!!! :)

Hi all,

I'm playing with Germany and the event West campaing not success. I've been playing the game until july 1940 and not succes event. Before installing the mod the war against Belgium and netherland success in Abril or may. (I type f12 and I do to succes the event himself with the id event) Maybe It's a bug?

Also I've seen that Italy not join in the war during german attack agains France. I had to invite him.

That's all, I hope you find it useful.

Hi all,

I'm playing with Germany and the event West campaing not success. I've been playing the game until july 1940 and not succes event. Before installing the mod the war against Belgium and netherland success in Abril or may. (I type f12 and I do to succes the event himself with the id event) Maybe It's a bug?

Also I've seen that Italy not join in the war during german attack agains France. I had to invite him.

That's all, I hope you find it useful.

HI, thanks for the update. I did do a minor change to the start date for Ger att. low countries, but nothing major. I did quick review of events and the second event trigger says ai only. I will double check and play test.

with regard to italy, i don't think i changed that event. will look into.

How is the US research on Nukes? i'm still working on editing the 39 start so i have not played into 1940.

Cheers

HI, thanks for the update. I did do a minor change to the start date for Ger att. low countries, but nothing major. I did quick review of events and the second event trigger says ai only. I will double check and play test.

with regard to italy, i don't think i changed that event. will look into.

How is the US research on Nukes? i'm still working on editing the 39 start so i have not played into 1940.

Cheers

Hi DrBob,

Only for info, what is the reason you changed the start date for German attack against Belgium, Netherland and Luxembourg? Is it for some reason with the AI?
when Paris fell, Italy joined with Germany in war as happened. Now Italy not join with me unless I invite him... That's one reason for AI or something?

On the other hand, China is resist the japanese's attacks really good. Japan only occupy the old Shanxi and they can not land on the chinese coast either. Now China isn't occupied before 1940 ;)

Ouch, I did not see what USA are doing. I will tell you DrBob.

Hi again.

USA, in august 1940, has already investigated to particle physics lool... Well, when Japan attacks Pearl Harbor, USA attack with atomic bombs...OMG!!!
This is too fast, DrBob should fix :p

Edit: I started to play in scenari 1933.

Hi Tupolev,

I found event for human as ger. there is separate event for ger ai. I pushed back the event start to May 1st. it was march 1st, i think. i think i wanted ger to have a chance to att. norway first. also better weather in may. i have increased chance for event fire. that should help

Yes, i reworked china research and it helped balance alot. i also had to turn off japan invasion after first try. they were getting destroyed.

usa research is good but we need first fission to start buildinng nuke plant. thanks for update. also thanks on start date, i wondering when you were starting.

Cheers!!!

Ok, no problem DrBob. So Usa research is good, it's good for me too ;)

Then Japan do not try to attack the chinese coast in other time? Japan will attack China by north only?

When I invite Italy to join with me (Italy not declare war agains allies after Ger occupy France) , in Etiopia, Italy has about 25 units and they attack Sudan and Great Britain has only 1 Militia.
Yea, sorry I forgot to say the start date.

Thank you DrBob

Hi,
right Japan will att along the northern coast of china. land troops and then try to connect with troops in Manchuria and then continue into china. i turned invasion off after coastal prov is taken by Japan.

Italy should be at war with allies when they join ger. strange i will look at that and make event if needed.

Yes, Italy has lots of divs in Eth. and the UK has to transport troops to Africa, sometimes through South Africa. it takes some time, to say the least. the UK will slowly win back Africa.

Cheers, :)

Hi again dudes,

I've started one new game with Spain in the 1933 scenari. I think it's a good idea so you can see Germany, Italy, GB, USSR how IA play with them. Now I'm in agost 1941.
China has fallen into japanese hands like a puppet country in july 1941. Italy is fighting in Egipt against GB and all is good.

Except the Ger and USSR war ^^'. soviet units are really stronger when the war start and ger can not move towards inside URSS. It's very slowy, in baltic front ger arrive at Riga, in south front germany not occupy Odessa yet and the middle front.. well, germany is occuping Brest-Litovsk and ger is taking no further than Brest.
When the event patriotic war will success... germany units will stop the advance definetely?

Hi Tupolev,

nice update and interesting. japan kicking A, but in my game,china has beat back japan and destroyed Divs.

Ger having a prob with Sov. hum, I will have a look at it. The devs have added a lot of new events some affect building units and some might be affecting research. i might lower highest GDE for Sov.

it is 1.05 now, maybe lower to 1.02, 1.01. thanks, it helps. I'm playing Ger. and in Oct 39.

HI all,
doing a lot of work on the ai files. looked at italy and modded their files,. trying to get them to bring back some troops from ETH. used Home peace cap. works some. modding all 33 start files. worked on fra files. and events.
Naval combat with planes much better. planes takeing some damage, yeah. by 44 italy down to 15 combat ships,. China joining allies causing problems. deleted one event for them.

Devs. have the ai actually reading the ai files. Garrisons now work, Yes!!. ai using build times for units. I had to lower all numbers.

I should have an update ready by this weekend if no beta 10 comes out, if so i will have to look at event files.

Cheers, DB

DB's AI patch 3.01 beta 4a is out. It is on the first post. install over beta 4. optimized for ic 1.03 beta 9. readme file will install in main directory. readme DB's AI mod ver 3.01beta 4a.

all 33 start files modded. build times lowered. home peace cap lowered.

worked on china japan war. research modded. Italy garrison eth. should only have the 16 divs it starts with there. new event for italy dow on egypt in 39 if at war with UK. italy gets stuck in Eth. sometimes and if goes to long will ally with Eng. ruins game. make sure to check ita progress and save game at start of Eth. war just in case. I have seen ita annex Eth. by july 36. if not annex by 37 you might want to go back to 35 save game.

USA now builds Nukes. Berlin was nuked in july 45 in my game.

Happy Holidays!!!!!! Cheers, DB

Last edited:
HI all,

game is playing real nice, i have not had any crashes.

i have played 2 games as germ. and i have played into 47. dday happens in 44 and i can't stop them. i slow them down and counter attack but they build up troops. ai is not sticking its neck out and getting cut off. i am still fighting in russia. i am now ready for strat bombers and have lots of intercepters. last game Milan was nuked and that was all. Japs have moved through india.

naval combat is working nice. naval bombers are taking damage. waiting for 1.03 final release. i will start looking at post war events.

Hello all dudes,

I'm playing now as Germany and my experience this time is horrible haha. Well, everything develops as it is expected except from when I begin the invasion of the USSR.. I think that the soviet units and the IA Soviet are too many strong when the invasion begins.
Maybe Germany not have enought units for the attack? I have hardly been able to advance to the frontline... The USSR can't be that strong at the beginning, can it?

Hi tupolev,

thanks for the update.

Yes the Soviets are that strong in that they should have at least 300 divs by may 41, that is the target i shoot for. they should have lots of troops but they should not be fully upgraded. new units should have new equipment. i am really working towards getting rid of the GDE cheat for the sov AI.

you will have to check the sov unit numbers but what i have seen is that the Sov have about 330 total units and maybe 40 tanks and 40 moto. by may 41.
tank research should be ahead of infantry research.

the Devs have done some good work on beta 9 and the ai now does serial runs for producing divs and i had to mode those numbers. i will look at those numbers again and mode slightly.

i have not updated to the newest beta, the Devs are on beta 10 i think. i will be updating to that soon.

i have played 3 times as Germans and the first 2 i lost. i am winning the 3rd game but just barely. i have occupied moscow and leniingrad and close to Stailngrad. usa is stuck in france. One thing i did in the 3rd game was change my occupation policy to liberate countries and that has helped. i had to really concentrate on my research so that tanks and inf. were upgraded for attack.
i also play at normal diff.

i will check on my troops at start of barbarossa and list number of divs. i start with.

work on unit production and research. i always seem to be behind on both of them. i like researching jet engine and ships and still do it just not as much.

Cheers