• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Story of the Morso

"Once upon a time, in a faraway land a young Sheik lived in a shining palace. Although he had everything his heart desired, the Sheik was spoiled, selfish, and unkind.
But then, one winter's night, an old beggar woman came to the palace and offered him a single Camel in return for shelter from the bitter dessert. Repulsed by her haggard appearance, the Sheik sneered at the gift and turned the old woman away. But she warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for Beauty is found within and when he dismissed her again, the old woman's ugliness melted away to reveal a beautiful Enchantress.The Prince tried to apologize, but it was too late for she had seen that there was no love in his heart and as punishment she transformed him into a hideous Morso and placed a powerful spell on the castle and all who lived there. Ashamed of his monstrous form the Morso concealed himself inside his palace with a magic 3-D TV as his only window to the outside world. The Camel she had offered was truly an enchanted camel, which would burn for many years. If he could learn to love another and earn her or his love in return by the time the last smoke ring was mad then the spell would be broken. If not, he would be doomed to remain a the Morso for all time. As the years passed he fell into despair, and lost all hope, for who could ever learn to love...the Morso?"
1277232705_img-d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e.jpg

Caliph Ali bin Morso closed the book and looked at his children. They all looked back at him waiting for him to continue the story but it was all ready getting late. "Okay now children go to sleep, it is a big day tomorrow as we are going to celebrate the beginning era in Egypt." he said to them. "But father we want to hear what happens next?" the children all said together. Smile formed on Ali's face as his children reminded of him when he was young. "Maybe some other time we shall finish the story and see what happened to the Morso" Ali said as he tucked his children to their beds. "Was the Morso our ancestor?" Muhammed, the oldest son of Ali asked. "Perhaps he was, I am not sure if this is a true story but maybe we will find out someday" Ali said and kissed his son on the forehead. "Now sleep well, it will be a long day" Ali said while walking to the door. He blew out the candles there and closed the door. Indeed it would be a long day as it marked the formation of the bin Morso Caliphate and a new era for Egypt and it's people who were now protected by an constitution that was going to be signed tomorrow and ratified by the council. Parliament was going to be formed from 200-members elected by the people to represent them in the governmental politics. Of course Ali as the founder of the bin Morso dynasty was the Head of Egypt and had the final word in all matters but he shared this with the Premier of Egypt who was chosen from the 200-member parliament. The way Egypt had been ran by dictatorial systems were at their end and new Democratic Era was looming ahead and tomorrow it would become reality. Egypt would become a beacon of hope for those travelling the wastelands alone searching for true meaning of Peace. Harmony and Democracy. There were those who seeked to destroy Egypt as they were too peaceful but together Egypt stood strong and for the years to come it's integrity would not be harmed by outsiders and insiders. That the bin Morso dynasty would make sure as they had the backing of the Morso.

The Kingdom of the Kongo: Peace through Power

The Kongolese Republic, under the leadership of the First Eaters, forged itself into a hybrid land-naval power. A medium-sized army combined with a medium-sized navy served Kongo's foreign policy needs through the first century and a half of Eu3; Indian lands were conquered, Africa kept safe, and the Republic, protected from its foes, was free to enjoy a peaceful neutrality with the European and American worlds, and grow fat off the wealth of the American slave trade and the twin pillars of Ivory and Grain, plus the occasional Wool and Naval Supplies.*

Then came the age of the conscription center, and Kongo was slow to react. The Persian army expanded from a hundred and fifty regiments to seven hundred; the Russian from two hundred to a thousand, and Kongo, by the year 1670, had built only six or seven centers. An army that hovered in the three hundred thousand range was no longer enough to secure Kongolese security in this new, much better-armed world.

And indeed, others took advantage swiftly enough. Over the course of the long seventeenth century, Africa lost its land military supremacy, and lost wars; foreign armies poured into Africa through the Sinai in no fewer than three wars, and the smaller Kongolese and Tripolitanian armies failed to stop them; nor indeed could the Ethiopian fleet, world-class though it was, fight off the invading land armies. Unequal Treaties were forced on the African rulers, Asian lands were stripped from them, and emboldened Indian rulers shook themselves free of African influence and turned upon their former protectors.

Something had to be done, if the Kongo was to keep that which it had once gained - for though it was less exposed than the other African nations, still, the Sinai was the key to the continent, and if it could not be defended then no African nation would ultimately endure. A shift in focus was in order.

This last session, Kongo began a series of massive changes to its social and military infrastructure. Naval arsenals and naval bases were destroyed in large numbers; no less than three national ideas were sacked in order to pick Grand Army, Battlefield Commissions, and Regimental System. The Kongolese military was tripled, from 300 to 900 regiments, within the space of fifteen years, driven on from the top by a new hereditary ruler who was determined not to repeat the military failures of the last fifty years.

The Kongolese Republic still cannot compete with the behemoth of Europe, Bavaria, in terms of military power, and possibly never will; even a realm spanning a third of Africa is dwarfed next to the vast wealth of Germany, Austria, France and the Low Countries, and northern Italy united under a single flag. But Bavaria is not a rival of the Kingdom; and the new military strength of the Kongo will allow the Kingdom to reclaim its old place as an equal of its rivals, not a lesser nation to be invaded and pushed around at will.

Peace through power!

*"Fat" may be an exaggeration; "moderately prosperous" may be more accurate. Chinaware and tobacco, our provinces aren't.

Everyone hates the underpowered government buildings, except Novgorod, Kongo, and the US.

Cannibal government is best government!

*ahem*

Constantinople and the Bosporus is once again back in the hands of Croatia, taken away from the hostage takers (Novgorod) through the brave deeds of many grannies.

(Oh, and a really big thanks to Kongo)

For the first time in a century, the Khanate has been at war with Russia and not only avoided losing territory, but actually gained some.

Oooh! Sounds like a juicy session, a few more details please!

So here is a visual record of some of the most notable battles.

Shortly after Russia declared war, Russian troops were knocking on the gates of Croatia's capital:

Great%20Rus-Croat%20War%201%20Battle%20of%20Bulgaria.gif

But the brave defenders stood! This battle noted the end of the advance for Novgorod's initial offensive.

Not too long later...

Great%20Rus-Croat%20War%202%20Battle%20of%20Burgas.gif

The first stackwipe of the war!

And that started the full retreat out of Croatian land. We weren't about to let them go peacefully, however. Here is the record for the first battle in Russian territory. It also is the current record holder for largest EU3 battle ever, at 1,418,843 men fighting.

Great%20Rus-Croat%20War%205%20Battle%20of%20Budjak.gif

After this, both sides pulled back to their sides of the border and regrouped. About a year later, Croatian troops were sent into Poland and Kongolese troops were shipped to Crimea. This spread the Russian line and let the Croatian troops cross the border in Ukraine.

Great%20Rus-Croat%20War%203%20Battle%20of%20Bessarabia.gif

Great%20Rus-Croat%20War%204%20Battle%20of%20Voronezh.gif

And just as 400 Novgorodian regiments were about to be wiped just south of the Russian capital (Ryazan), Russia surrendered.

Also what these people didn't tell you is that Kongolese troops killed Chinese troops in Croatia during the War of Let's kick the arse of the "new guy" and then simultaneously fought alongside them against the Russians. Also during the same war Kongo made an effort to prevent Punbjab from entering Bengal without breaking the NAP by attacking Chinese soldiers somewhere in the caves of Hindukush.

So what happened in the war od Bengal, sounds right up my street?

Oh right, the war in Bengal. What happened there?

Engagements of Chinese troops during the Bengal war was accidental. We have a NAP, I just didn't realize that he had troops in the same prov as me in Croatia (or that he would honor Bengal's call). No stacks were wiped or lasting harm done.

As for the Bengal war, the series of events was something like this:

Bengal traitorously stabs Kongo in the back, taking six provinces. The player leaves immediately afterwards.
Kongo offers Bengal friendship and in return for only half of the taken provinces returned.
Bengal not only declines the offer, but threatens to attack Kongo.
We sign strong NAPs with every country bordering Bengal, and several which are just in the neighborhood, meaning that almost every nation in Asia is pledged not to defend Bengal.
I wait for Bengal to change tunes and accept the original offer, which I make clear is still open.
Bengal does not do so.
So Kongo DOWs.
Bengal crushed by roughly a sixth of the Kongolese Army. Surrenders within months of DOW.
Kongo mercifully decides to take only the three provinces under dispute, and also mercifully decides not to DOW in 5 years again as soon as the truce is up, despite its massive military advantage.

Last edited:
I'm annoyed at Kongo attacking my protectorate without discussion or informing me but equally annoyed at Bengal seemingly using my alliance with him as an excuse to act belligerent.

In other news, Qin regained some of its rightful territory, Amdo has been transfered from the Mongol Khanate to Qin.

Heh. Well, I did tell you I was thinking about attacking Bengal.

Some screenies of my own from the war:

EU3_106.jpg

EU3_108.jpg

EU3_109.jpg

I am indeed Bengals new perm, previously the Egypt player in ck. Onto the war in Bengal;

Bengal traitorously stabs Kongo in the back, taking six provinces. The player leaves immediately afterwards.
Kongo offers Bengal friendship and in return for only half of the taken provinces returned.

I join the game as by far the puniest nation around, Kongo (and later Punjab) demands provinces from me. That part of India being part of the African continent or something. Bengal does not have the stamina to unravel hundreds of years of he said-he said, and is not interested in accepting blame for the deeds of previous players.

Bengal goes looking for friends who don't want to take its provinces away.

Bengal not only declines the offer, but threatens to attack Kongo.

Bengal (army 100 regiments) threatens Kongo (1000 rgts)? Haw! :D

More like Bengal threatens to make friends who will save Bengal from greedy neighbors.

We sign strong NAPs with every country bordering Bengal, and several which are just in the neighborhood, meaning that almost every nation in Asia is pledged not to defend Bengal.
I wait for Bengal to change tunes and accept the original offer, which I make clear is still open.
Bengal does not do so.
So Kongo DOWs.

Kongolese demands provs from the new guy, 1st rate nation gangs the smallest one.
Bengal crushed by roughly a sixth of the Kongolese Army. Surrenders within months of DOW.

Punjab invades Bengal with 3 times the armysize of Bengal, Bengali armies still in disarray from previous player.

Qin intervenes on Bengal side, posts armies securing Bengal Himalayas, but does not engage Punjabi forces.

Bengal outmaneuvers Punjab forces whilst reforming and reinforcing army.

Punjabi army is wiped, Bengal pushes into Punjab. Main armies engage in grand battle.

Perfidious Kongolese invades in force, flanks Bengali lines.

Bengal outnumbered several times in theatre, Qin too busy with European war to save Bengal.

Bengal surrenders to Kongo to avoid stackwipe.

Punjab and Bengal wp, end up negotiating friendship.

Kongo mercifully decides to take only the three provinces under dispute, and also mercifully decides not to DOW in 5 years again as soon as the truce is up, despite its massive military advantage.

Qin finishes war in Europe, posts armies in Bengali mountains Kongo could not hope to dislodge. Kongo asks Bengal player switch to Khmer, which is in no way a veiled threat of Kongo planning to take over India.;)

Bengal (army 100 regiments) threatens Kongo (1000 rgts)? Haw! :D

More like Bengal threatens to make friends who will save Bengal from greedy neighbors.

I was pretty surprised myself!

But yeah, it wasn't Bengal's own weight that Bengal was attempting to throw around. The Sultan seems to have overestimated his diplomatic resources. ;)

I was pretty surprised myself!

But yeah, it wasn't Bengal's own weight that Bengal was attempting to throw around. The Sultan seems to have overestimated his diplomatic resources severely.

What diplomatic resources was Bengal threatening Mighty Kongo with? Kongo had peace&friendship agreements with everyone! Bengal was already outnumbered by Punjab!

Continent spanning Empires are not "threatened" by ally-less 24th rate minors already being invaded by a neighbour double their size. As pretext for taking poor, poor, Bengals provs it is about as convincing as a Kongolese vegetarian! :p

What diplomatic resources was Bengal threatening Mighty Kongo with? Kongo had peace&friendship agreements with everyone! Bengal was already outnumbered by Punjab!

With Qin, ofc. I have the logs, and let us just say that the Sultan's tone was much less humble than it is now ;)

And given that Bengal was, indeed, already outnumbered by Punjab, the Sultan ought to have stepped more carefully with his other neighbor.

Continent spanning Empires are not "threatened" by ally-less 24th rate minors already being invaded by a neighbour double their size. As pretext for taking poor, poor, Bengals provs it is about as convincing as a Kongolese vegetarian!

Yeah, well, that's also the point when the Mwene reminds himself that Bengal, small or not, is sitting on his land that it seized from him just recently. The current Mwene was a child during the Malayan war, and had been touring India when the perfidious Bengalis invaded Kongo; the impression of that time is quite strong in his memory. :)

And as for whose land it is, those provinces are cores of Kongo and not cores of Bengal.

I also have a lot more screenshots of the Russian wars, which I will post when I get home from work today and get them organized. I might have got one of my monthly WE gain during the war - it maxed at something like 8.0 WE per month.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.