• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If EVERYONE was aiming to win it would be fine because it would all balance out, but half the players are in "get in a good position for victoria which means having 500 million people" and then join in on gang bang wars of partition for just that aim and nto putting effort into counter balancing politics.

For purposes of confusion, entertainment and AAR reward, I totally made a diagram of the world's diplomatic relations. Enjoy!

I smiled at Qin. Although I prefer the official title, the African Brotherhood. Persian propaganda aside, the African Brotherhood as a whole has, I believe, participated in a number of gangbangs* lower than the Great Power average. :)

(Novgorod 2 Catalunya 2 England 4 Brotherhood 2 Persia 3 Croatia 1 Malaya 4 Bavaria 3)

*defined as wars where one side outnumbers the other by roughly two to one (or more) in troops and which involve at least two nations on the outnumbering side, and subject to the vicissitudes of my memory.

20110818dog.png

For purposes of confusion, entertainment and AAR reward, I totally made a diagram of the world's diplomatic relations. Enjoy!

This is incorrect! Wildly so!

A bit curious: Who isn't aiming to do that? Everyone's playing to win, and the earlier, the better. It's impossible to pull it off during eu3 anyway.

everyone is (aside Ike perhaps) playing for winning the game, but I've just heard rumors that some plan to do it prematuretly ;) Sure you or the others who have played in past conversion marathon games knows how unkosher it is to aim to kill the entire game by winning the game before even half of it is done, so You propably wont have anything to fear in regarding of these rumors of wars :p

But the "earlier, the better", indeed NOT, its BS and basicly against everything the marathon game idea is about. We didn't sign up to this to wait for someone trying to make this marathon as short as possible. no sir! Marathon is won in the finishing line, and that my friend comes in 1950's. Not now, not even in mid Vicky phase.

And As there are no 2nd places counted, it makes little sense for rest of the players to hang on in the track if someone's lead has proven to be unreachable. They have only two choises, run like hell to themselves near dying in hopes of catching the leader or give up without trying.
...Good thing for peunuts, that in this analog, the catching up doesen't mean trying to cath up in tech or increase ones income:D...noo..

Last edited:
I disagree with Golle, winning in the EU3 phase, or for that matter the CK phase, is quite kosher if it can be done. I believe there is a sentence to that effect in the rules post. It's up to the players to maintain a reasonable balance of power, without appealing to any imagined rule against winning early. That said, I would really prefer that this campaign continue until CK2 is released, and ideally it would have a patch or two as well. Starting a new CK1 game doesn't appeal to me very strongly; I also dislike waiting half a year to start a new campaign.

It's up to the players to maintain a reasonable balance of power, without appealing to any imagined rule against winning early

I think my point was exactly to seek justification of the afromentioned principle, just from subjective point of view, thus the opinion of the matter included.
And thank god indeed that our players are intressed of maintaining that balance of power :D

and...
I also dislike waiting half a year to start a new campaign.
D:
breaks makes good between marathons...

So to confirm, it should be *just* aar discussion here, while stuff like game diplomacy and politics when not *in character* should be in the main MP forum thread?

This week's AAR brought to you by the Ethiopian Ministry for World* Military Statistics.

Total number of land regiments in the world:

Nations by percentage of world total:
Novgorod 16.9%
Bavaria 14.0%
Persia 9.4%
Ethiopia 7.4%
Croatia 7.3%
Malaya 6.5%
Catalunya 5.7%
Qin 5.7%
Punjab 5.4%
Tripoli 4.8%
Kongo 3.9%
Mongol Khanate 3.7%
England 3.5%
USA 3.4%
Bengal 1.2%
Khmer 1.1%
Sweden 0.0%

Major alliance blocs (as of last session) by percentage of world total regiments:
Tibetan Gangbang Club (Bavaria-Persia-KOMgol-Malaya-Qin-Punjab): 44.7%
Slavic Bloc (Novgorod-Croatia): 24.2%
African Brotherhood (Ethiopia-Tripoli-Kongo): 16.1%
Naval Alliance of Doom (Malaya-England-USA): 13.4%

Total number of warships in the world (galleys and transports excluded):

Nations by percentage of world total:
Malaya 29.3%
Catalunya 22.5%
Ethiopia 20.0%
England 9.2%
Kongo 6.2%
USA 4.7%
Tripoli 2.3%
Qin 2.1%
Khmer 1.4%
Bavaria 1.0%
Bengal 1.0%
Persia 0.0%
Novgorod 0.0%
Sweden 0.0%
Mongol Khanate 0.0%
Punjab 0.0%

Major alliance blocs (as of last session) by percentage of world total:
Naval Alliance of Doom (Malaya-England-USA): 43.2%
Tibetan Gangbang Club (Bavaria-Persia-KOMgol-Malaya-Qin-Punjab): 32.4%
African Brotherhood (Ethiopia-Tripoli-Kongo): 28.5%
Slavic Bloc (Novgorod-Croatia): 0.0%

*played nations only; excludes AI minors

Yes, it's true; 45% of the armies of the entire world were brought together to gangbang Tibet, which was before those wars started the smallest played nation in the world (and is now no longer played). ;)

Third Spring of Punjab

"By Jesus and Allah, how many steps does this godforsaken fortress have?, we have been climbing for half an hour and we are still only half way!" Abu complained to his fellow conspirator at his side. No reply as usual but this time Abu was half sure it was because the steps were treacherous at night and there was the threat of falling of the side and down the mountain. "I mean I understand the mountain fortress is impressive and has never fallen before and all but how in the seven hells does old Fat Prince Najib get his round ars up there? Do they roll him or have some kind of winch mechanism?" "I hear he hasn't left the fortress in over a decade and cant even fit through the main gate" someone replied, Abu was not sure who due to the black mask they were all wearing. "Why are we wearing these dumb masks anyway" Abu asked "I mean was it in the overthrow manual or anything?" And thus a score of black cloths flew down the mountain and if seen from the lower terraces it would look like a murder of crows leaving the nest to tell the tale of the Third rebirth of Punjab.

The old fortress lay high and deep in the mountains surrounding the capital, build ages past by Persian who sacrificed an army of undead workers to construct it in such a high and desolate place. From its high position it could see all surrounding it and no army could make a move for the capital without coming within reach of its mighty towers and garrison. The skulls cut from black rock and fused with sorcery are still in perfect condition despite being exposed to the harsh mountain elements for centuries.

"Cheer up" Abu said when he saw one of his men turn his head away in fear from the sight of one of those skulls, "At least they don't have those creepy eyes that follow you across a room, man I hate those creepy paintings, how do they do that anyway"? Abu asked as they were waved through the main gate towards the main hall by a group of guards who were bribed the week before. The main hall was brightly lit with torches on the walls and and three great chandeliers filled with candles providing enough light to see all the riches fat Najib had collected over the years. There were even some war trophies and fresh Yak pelts draped tactfully over some of the dark skulls, but even with those mighty spoils of war it looks like a whore house with the colourful silks everywhere except on the ladies, the heavy flowery scent in the air and the gay music played by a pair of men or women Abu was not sure.

Abu strode up to the throne where a fat behemoth of a man sat with a tiny horse-faced man next to him, the fat one must be fat Najib Abu thought and said, "you fat behemoth on the throne must be fat Najib!, the people of Punjab have spoken and you are no longer High Prince of Punjab! And now you must answer for your crimes of high treason against the state, corruption and bad taste! But before fat Najib could answer the tiny man horse-faced man next to him jumped up and threw a hidden blade at a bear, or a man, Abu wasn't sure, that was standing nearby before screaming something unintelligible and jumping out a window. Abu and fat Najib looked at each other puzzled, shrugged and continued the transfer of power.

Last edited:
A World of the Same People

Humans as we know them, in the year of our Buddha 1631, have been on this earth for hundreds of thousands of years. Despite the cultural, lingual and religious differences today back in our early years these barriers did not divide us. Back then we were all the same. Back then nothing pulled us apart. Nothing brought war. The world was tranquil, peaceful and happy. Perhaps this time is the root of the westerners' heathen beliefs of Eden.

Where we 'spawned' (for the cod fans among you) or where our final evolution took place (for the Charles Darwin fans among you) was in the heart of Africa. An area now under the control of the mighty blueness of the Ethiopian empire. In the heart of Africa is where all of our stories began.

"Why is he talking to us about the beginning of humans?" Peanuts and players alike may ask.

A good question. I'm not going to lie to you. I ran out of ideas, I would have done a flagland but I missed the session.

But the point. Where is the point? The point, my beautiful young friend, is here, after our story begins:

After our birth (for the parents among you) we ventured out of Africa seeking better land and nicer weather. We slowly spread out from Africa to the Levant and India. From there we went further and further. After a few million years we arrived in South East Asia. From there we went onto China, Indonesia, Polynesia and Oceania.

"But that's not a point..." You may again say, confused.

But, my lovely, tender, young friend, it is.

As we evolved to better suit our area we grew apart. We gathered under different rulers, languages and cultures. This, like a rocket attached onto a car, drove us apart more rapidly then before. Nowadays we are split into different realms warring with each other. But why do we war, and what does it mean for us?

War is not bad. It is good. We should accept war. We should embrace it. War unites us. This is where Day of Glory comes in. Tibet was once a free state but has recently been ripped up by other countries. But look at it in another way. Is it merely the greed of rich men for new land and wealth or is there something more to it. Do they not want to unite all peoples under one nation. Countries like Khmer, Qin, Tibet and the Mongol Khanate are not dissimilar to each-other. In fact they are the opposite. They are almost the same. Is it really their greed driving the fight or is it the hope that one day we will return to the utopia that was present 200,000 years ago when all humans were the same and therefore tolerance was in abundance.

Would it not be everyone's dream to be in a world where you did not have to fear the white man or to condemn the black man.
But people stop us dreamers.
If they do not dream with us, we will make them dream forever.

And why do we fall?

Steadily the Egyptians rebuild their cities and buried those who had been killed by the Persians. Burned down building were replaced with bigger buildings, castles were rebuild to be even mightier than before and the army as whole was reorganized. This new modern army would be able to defeat any foes that would stand on their way no matter who they were. This more modern and effective thinking would carry the Egyptians far while those who would oppose them would be reduced to mere memories of the past. The whole way of Egyptian warfare was changed after the last war with the Persians. The leaders swore that not even a single Egyptian civilian would die in the hands of the Persians. Of course that meant those who were not living in the Holy Land. Defensive fortifications were build to block the entrance from Sinai to Egypt, to narrow it down so that the it was impossible to attack against the Egyptian garrisons. This was soon put on a test when the evil Persians once again tried to attack Egypt.

This time they were surprised that they found no resistance in the Holy Land but they soon realized why. The Egyptians had formed an defensive line blocking the access from Sinai to Egypt and they had scorched the land between them and the Persians. The Persian attack had been defeated and only place where fighting took place was on the Mediterranean sea where the Egyptian navy sunk every last one of the Persian ships along with their sailors. It was foolish to even think that straw boats would be a match against the Egyptian big ships. So soon peace was made an everything returned to normal. The new warfare model of Egypt had worked and the fiasco was prevented from happening again. The Egyptian wealth started to grow even more now that the traders had returned to Alexandria and so did the wealthy thieves. Economical growth was still slow but it was steady and the mighty armies of Old Egypt returned, more men joined the army both in Egypt and in India. One thing the Egyptians were good was to learn from their mistakes and not repeat them.

Indian lands also prospered after the invasion of Bavarians that had happened during the first Persian war. The Indians had all turned to Muslim faith and followed the true call of Shiite. They were valued as they were the major producers of Egyptian exotic trade goods and the trade centre in Askeristan was in great use. Merchant from all over the world competed against others to find the best prices to buy and to sell their goods. So merchants even killed others to gain a bigger share of the market but these merchants usually ended up dead in the hands of the Mua'dibs men. Their presence in India was bigger than no one knew and they would ensure that it was kept that way as they liked to stay hidden even though many Egyptian traders constantly used their services.

Status
Not open for further replies.