• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
great post Mad Bugger, I've always appreciated those better players who are honest in telling their prey why they won them...its the way I've learned all the little I know about Eu3.
The "mistakes" described by mdbugger are pretty much analong what I would have suspected. Expecially the thing about local superiority. I mean, ugh, don't mind about Blayne-Tsun's art of war, the first rule for succes in any military action in any field or game is always the proper use of force and its concentrations.

Last edited:
well still more experienced than most of who converted from CK ;)
BTW, how long would you be playing with us anymore?

Heart Of Darkness:

The African Choice:

Its interesting that the African Three are not showing more concern for the wars in Europe. They keep warring against one of the three nations that might bear Russia a grudge.

If Croatia and Russia win, is that good for their interests?

The truth is that Africa has been very interested in the European wars. All of us started with ties to both Catalunia and Croatia, and Kongo has a treaty with Bavaria as well. Catalunia had ties to Tripoli since the CK days, but those were significantly weakened when Frosty handed over to Ike. Croatia was the first European to befriend Kongo and Ethiopia, once Kongo resolved its disputes with Tripoli over West Africa, Croatia also extended ties to to Tripoli. Catalunia was slightly later in forming ties with Kongo and Ethiopia, but at first those ties were deeper than those with Croatia (I speak of the average level of affinity of all of Africa here, different countries had different levels of tie). Bavaria signed a treaty with Kongo.

Between the early game and the start of the European wars, Croatia and Africa strengthened ties, Bavaria's relations with Kongo remained the same, Catalunia's stock in Africa declined, due to high-handed trade practices. Catalunia didn't like when Kongo negotiated with Catalunia in the same way that Catalunia had treated Africa. Also in this period, the Treaty of Crete - created by Catalunia and signed by Bavaria, England and Russia - which attempted to limit the spread of European technology, was proved to be useless. No one bothers to enforce it. Catalunian failure to abide by its own treaty makes impression in the eyes of the world.

War in Europe then starts. Catalunia at this point has DA's with Kongo and Ethiopia. Both are called into the Catalunia/England-Malaya war. Only Ethiopia is called into the Bav-Cat/Slavic war (or so my memory says, I'm not sure of this). Kongo is not called into the first BavCat/Slavic war, despite stated willingness to abide by its treaties as far as is able. Africa participates little in either war, due to lack of direction from the principal combatants. Wars end before Africa really knows what is happening.

Further wars in Europe do not call Africa in. Even offers for rebel control are not taken up. Kongo somewhat baffled by this. At the same time, Croatia and Russia are busy building stock in Africa. Croatia and Africans all do not wish to build oversized empires, but rather wish to ensure security by having strong friends. Against Catalunian and Bavarian aquisitiveness for provinces and wealth, the Slavics start looking good. Russia gains stock by smoothing crisis in Asia caused by Croatian sub not being aware of all of OY's policy, and thus setting up collision with Africans over Mongols.

Mongol aggression in Asia followed by Bavarian support to Mongols. Africa somewhat surprised, as they think they are much better allies than smelly Mongols. Bavaria tries to mediate peace which is basically giving Mongols victory under a mask of defeat. Africans very confused. Africa and Russia learn that Persia is also in on Bavaria-Mongol friendship. Bavaria-Mongol-Persia friendship thus means that there is mutual advantage to Africa-Russia DA. When Mongols and Persia attack Russia, bonds of common adversity strengthen friendship with Russia.

When Mongols attack Russia second time, Russia endures a few years of war exhaustion and uses its victory to help Kongo get some of the spoils, despite Kongo being fool and letting Mongols kill an army.

In the end, Croatia and Russia persued African friendship, did more to keep it and found mutual benefit for both parties. Catalunia and Bavaria let Africa slip from their grasp.

fasquardon

I built 20 manu's apparently people think I'm cheating somehow ^_^ because gasp, it couldn't possibly me being good with money.

The World of 1601
As Noted Down By Remarkably Objective Andalusian Historiographers, Inspired As They Are By Divine Savegames

Topography

Nations, Blobbed

Nations, Unblobbed

Income
Average Income Per Province
Red = 4.09710077519 ducats per province per month; Green = 94.459 ducats per province per month.

Income per Nation
Red = 8.375 ducats per month; Green = 908.557 ducats per month.

Technology
Average Tech Level
Red = 9.4; Green = 25.2.

Tech Speed
Red = 0.292551603051; Green = 229.133958928.

Development
Average Buildings per Province, per Nation
Red = 3.5 buildings per province; Green = 11.0 buildings per province.

Buildings per Province
Red = 0 buildings per province; Green = 25 buildings per province.

Military
Army Size

Navy Size

Culture & Religion
Cultures

Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.