• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ROTW in here instead all started in heavenly positions with god-kings and tech and slider lead to europeans.

Hmmm. A 1399 comparison of ROTW Ethiopia with its CK neighbor Tripoli reveals that Tripoli has:

equal aristocracy
equal centralisation
one more Innovative
three more Free Trade
three more Offensive
one more Naval
one more Quality
three more Free Subjects

I don't guarantee that this will hold for every ROTW nation, and I certainly am not going to comb through them all, but I'd have traded Tripoli's sliders for mine.

1399 stats

As for our position, we're in Africa. Africa of the Tiny Tax and Endless Grain.

Slider changes were also part in the auction, so one should compare them without the auction results

Also, naturaly, in all propaganda regarding ROTW vs. Europe the talk is about Asian china vs. Europe ;)

Where the caravan camels roam

Now that a foothold had been established in India it was time to convert the people to the true faith of Allah. Many of the people welcomed the true faith with open arms but there were some who weren't so willing to convert. Some of them just burned themselves on the streets which was considered barbaric and strange to the Egyptians. And some of them took arms against the new masters of Kutch. Even though they had the advantage of knowing the land they were fighting on they were still poorly armed, they were no match to the Egyptian armies stationed in India. So the rebels were subjugated and over half of the provinces were Shiite by the end of the reign of Emir Negib who was also known as Merchant of Alexandria after he instituted Plutocratic Administration to the Emirate and started concentrate on Trade. Many were once again against this reform even though they had gained an rich trade port and center of trade in India from the infidels but their doubts were quickly vanished when ducats started to pour in to their pockets from the new trade adventures all over the world.
william-shakespeares-the-merchant-of-venice-1.jpeg

It seemed that Emir Negib had secured the future of the Egyptian economy and he wanted to celebrate it by ordering of the construction of two great universities. Negib never saw the construction to be finished as his convoy dissapeared in the Indian ocean while he was on a journey to Kutch in 12th July 1497. His successor was Ahmad Asker who ruled from 12th of July 1497 to 5th of July 1501. Not much is known about him as nothing notable was done during his reign and only the trade and construction work of the universities were continued. So it was also decided that now on the elections would be hold in every four years. So in 1501 when the election time came Ahmad Asker was not re-elected and instead Nizar Asker an well known Merchant and Trader was chosen as the new Dog'Emir.

During Askers reign more regions of the Egyptian India was converted to the faith of Islam. He also established the University of Alexandria where new students would be trained in the the world of economy. Asker also subjugated few of the former vassals of the Caliphate in Algeria by force. With this move more land was gained for a direct taxing and for better production of trade goods for those who needed exotic goods. Asker's actions were so popular that when the election time came in 1505 he was re-elected for a second term. After his re-election Asker decided to established the African Trade League where he invited the allies of Egypt in Africa like Kongo and Ethiopia. Of course he wanted more people to the trade league so he extended the invitation of other Arabic nations like the minor Persian vassals, Persian Empire and Punjab. This was a very good move as more money started to pour in and the nation grew richer as did the merchants.

So when once again elections came Asker was re-elected for a third term. Would he continued on his road of success or would he do something stupid and ruin everything? That remains to be seen.

Sometimes charm is most effective than military power ;)

Also, don't take missconception about CK. It was the game of dynasties and the hard struggle to make up the Dynastical Glory wich set out most of the parameters to Eu3 start ups. As it was decided by our "wise", fruits of this struggle's went to Asia and America, leaving most of the european nations to setle for leftovers.

Also CK was a game where one's empire could fall simply do ill-luck and bad timing of the regular trolling-features that game could trhow upon everyone. ROTW in here instead all started in heavenly positions with god-kings and tech and slider lead to europeans.

The fallacy that simply playing that 1 additional game entitles you to absolute and relative absolute dominance for all time irregardless of your actions versus the rest of the world except for the pittance you begrudgingly agreed to allow for "playability" is hilarious to behold.

CK entitles Moar Kustom and some sort of "boost" that they/you should have a perpetual upper hand is extremely incorrect, not that I could convince of this through the condescension.

This of course falls by the wayside into irrelevance when I can just point out that your last sentence is factually incorrect; god kings or not that you can concede can randomly die at any point our positions are hardly overwhelming. On a pixel by pixel basis its clear that many of us possess provinces that while they have impressive incomes on their own are far less incomes when taken in terms of income per number of provinces.

Just about every single european began with higher income than any rotwer, and each of them had far greater trade access and mind bogglingly phenomenal trade income, KoM's numbers speak for themselves and when tech cost is a factor of number of provinces were bigger != better, trade income is a gift from the gods.

On average every european as more smaller better worth provinces than the rotw who have fewer bigger provinces.

That and while buffed to 75% research efficiency this is still a huge gap compared to Europes 100% AND trade incomes. Only Persia now due to their constant wars seems to have fallen behind the RotW in income.

Sliders is also incorrect, we got a choice of sliders from pre existing nations, certainly not super custom sliders, I needed about 4 centralization slider moves and 3 innovative slide moves to reach westernization, my trade is full mercantalistic and all othrer sliders more or less in the middle at + or - 1.

We're a far cry from being even close to being on par with europe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t_J2FzEhnQ Be sure to look at my Session 5 intro video!

Last edited:
The fallacy that simply playing that 1 additional game entitles you to absolute and relative absolute dominance for all time irregardless of your actions versus the rest of the world except for the pittance you begrudgingly agreed to allow for "playability" is hilarious to behold.

D: too many fancy words.
But europa fuk yeah!! ;)

THE WEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH​

The hot but humid south-Indian air tormented Sgt. Malcolm’s existence when he tried to put off the hard days toil by simply laying in his hammock. He was in hell. Deep into this green and never-silent maddens of jungle, screaming monkeys and screeching birds; while the bloom after the rain season was more painful to the mind than the feverish deliriums which almost took him back when He had arrived to India… there were many diseases for white man to pick for their last experience as abroad, and Malcolm was pretty sure he had tried them all.

It had been three years now. His rank as sergeant in the East-Asian company was little bit above of the one of a trusted-inmate in those penal colonies far away in Canada. He had used to hunt those… or the defectors and runaways. Far there in the northern wilderness, man had to fear only animals that were bigger than him and had plenty of fur. Down here, snakes and insects, worms …worms had eaten brains of one of his men… the danger were hiding and stealth like the redskins of America. In contrary, the human resistance… the enemy, those turban-figured heathens here… at least they knew about warfare. …Or something at least resembling one. They didn’t hide in the woods like cowards and bandits. Oh no sir! They engaged the Europeans in open field with their antiqued tactics and rusty spears; it always ended up in bloodshed but there where honor in dying such way. …being slaughtered by a superior race. But they didn’t hide in the woods. They didn’t sneak in the darkness to cut the throats of sleeping men and raping their wife’s and steeling their children into slavery…

And the innovative’s in London dared to speak about recruiting native regiments to defend the crown colonies to save expenses! Those vermins! They had no concept what it were to be a soldier of the crown, far away the seas. To defend people who thought themselves almost free from the duty to the crown, acting cocky and respecting none of the noble kin and the crown! Those ungrateful bastards!

The good thing in India, that there weren’t such people flocking away from the Europe. There were no peasant’s. Only the few of the Indian Company and the congregation of adventure-lust merchants, explorers, mercenaries, plain old crooks and other assorted fifth sons of some Swedish Barons. None of them had ever seen a living Dôn and none of them care less about the fortunes of the crown, aside the over-exaggerated charade that everyone appeared to put up, like it was some common joke everyone should take part in.

Malcolm didn’t. But in sense, that sort of false impression of loyalty was better than the open hostility of the peasant in the Americas. And the Qupeckians! Malcolm spit on the ground from his hammock that set him in slightly rolling motion. He was too worn out to try to stop it so he just rocked there like infant with his bitter thoughts of the Native Americans. There were vassals in Europe, but such noble houses had been loyal to the Dôn throne for centuries since the beginning of the days! And these London’s innovative new thinker’s thought the savages were equal in respect to them. Those fools! Soon they would start postulate how Madras should become independent fife to the King! … and appoint some heathen scum into the office…
oh dear!… was the world inherited by the meek and weaklings?
Fools!

Not a ton happened in my area of the world this past week. Ethiopia focused on domestic concerns. The heathen Tamils in southern India have been largely converted away from their elephant-worshiping ways and now follow a true Abrahamic religion like all good Tamils should. Naval tech 11 was reached and the old carracks were disbanded, to be replaced by caravels. The Ethiopian forcelimits are too small - only seventy-ish, the lowest of any nation with a large fleet - to be taking them up with outdated ships. Workshops and drydocks are being built in appropriate provinces to help raise them, but even so, my forcelimits are only half Spain's :( Time will tell whether this shall prove a more crippling handicap in the late game - some fairly indifferent tests with the new patch have revealed that naval costs climb very high in the late game anyway, to the point where four hundred threedeckers probably wouldn't happen anyway without bankrupting me. For now, I'll be content with a hundred caravels at a much cheaper price, and grit my teeth at the forcelimits since there's not much to be done about it right now.

I'm skirting close to the forcelimits on land as well although unlike naval at least I haven't actually gone over yet. The Ethiopian army expanded rather less than most others last session, something I will fix today; there's still room for twenty or thirty more regiments to fit comfortably in the budget. The world is an unkind place to those who neglect their military.

Cores on the offshore Indian islands came in, which is important as it means I no longer would have to operate outside of support range if defending that area navally. When the mainland cores come in I'll also gain Tamil as an accepted culture - in this game Tamil covers both the offshore islands and part of Southern India. Between orthodoxy and accepted-culture I will actually start seeing some tax and manpower from those lands, although the main benefit is still tariffs.

Trade was expanded this session from about fifteen to forty merchants; still not much compared to the free-trade giants, but at least not negligible income anymore. Time will tell whether a returning Malaya player competes my new merchants right back out. On the minus side, joining the Tripolitanian trade league led a number of my provinces to stop trading in my COTs in favor of Tripoli's; its a minor downside compared to the +tax, -RR and other benefits of the league though.

Foreign affairs not too much interesting to me happened; the major event of last session was Persia recovering its eastern frontier as a part of the general war against India and Punjab, but ceding its northern frontier to Russia. I believe Croatia also successfully expanded their Holy Land holdings in a separate attack on Persia.

So, a quick update. Russia attacked the Khanate, taking five provinces (and two from Punjab); my fighting was a bit hampered by the simultaneous attack of Germany on Qin, which would otherwise have come to my aid. vR peaced for five provinces and I rushed my armies east in time to beat back Fivoin; he accepted two provinces in lieu of his original demand of five. Then Croatia attacked Qin, but Blayne seems to be holding his own on this front, and with my current knowledge I do not expect much to come of this. Elsewhere, Spain attacked Malaya and brutally ass-raped it.

New players are needed for Khmer, Bengal, and possibly also Malaya.

I was also planning to Dequepecize North America but I became soft under the pleas and cries of our red skinned subjects and Decided not to do so.

Yes, Bavaria declared war on Qin. I didn’t get around taking a lot of screenshots because it lagged too much but I did manage to get two which I want to share. First there's one from the opening stages of the war. These are more or less the borders throughout the entire war until the Asian allies arrived with their billions of men and finally managed to push me back out from the hills.
70756986.png

And here’s a picture showing the largest battle so far in the hills of Guangzhou, 154 000 Allied soldiers against 80 000 stalwart Germans:
64409564.png

German firepower, hoo!

Casualties:
Total losses due to fighting throughout the entire war: 551 264
whereas:
German casualties: 160 035
Chinese and allied casualties: 391 229

Conclusion:
German victory. Qin secedes two provinces, Guangzhou and Taiwan.

Fought Bavaria to stand still, forced to give 2 provinces. Invaded by Croatia, ass raped them they have almost max WE I don't see Croatia winning this war.

Considering your original demand of 5 and all various commentators predicting crushing defeat for me I think victory is over selling :D

Those flags are all wrong....I heard the flag of Bavaria has red background with a white circle in the middle of it and a weird looking symbol in the middle.

The World of 1532
As Noted Down By Remarkably Objective Andalusian Historiographers, Inspired As They Are By Divine Savegames

Topography

Nations, Blobbed

Nations, Unblobbed

Income
Average Income Per Province
Red = 1.84028571429 ducats per province per month; Green = 8.33847619048 ducats per province per month.

Income per Nation
Red = 6.478 ducats per month; Green = 811.016 ducats per month.

Technology
Average Tech Level
Red = 4.4; Green = 19.2.

Development
Average Buildings per Province, per Nation
Red = 1.44444444444 buildings per province; Green = 8.06451612903 buildings per province.

Buildings per Province
Red = 0 buildings per province; Green = 19 buildings per province.

Military
Army Size

Navy Size

Culture & Religion
Cultures

Religion

Fought Bavaria to stand still, forced to give 2 provinces. Invaded by Croatia, ass raped them they have almost max WE I don't see Croatia winning this war.

Considering your original demand of 5 and all various commentators predicting crushing defeat for me I think victory is over selling :D

Look at the map before your allies helped and look at the casualities. It was a crushing defeat for you, and indeed your alliance, but it was deemed more prudent to take 2, get out of the war, and reassess the situation from there.

There is absolutely no standard that could derive "crushing defeat" from that, and only a rationalization could come up with the phrase "prudent to exist the war and reassess". Same as for "Tactical withdrawal".

Alliance wide the land techs were far inferior to Bavarias except for mine for last half of the war, the techs of Punjab and Mongolia were not effective in battle except for near the end when we managed to push them back to 1 province and was the only offensive action as the alliance as a whole, otherwise they were best used to cover my retreats from Bavarias numerous attempts at failed stack whips.

Considering it was for the critical first period a two front war versus both Russia AND Bavaria the two most powerful countries in the game and EVERY commentator expected nothing less than total crushing defeat as in a loss of more than 1 major province and an island and the result was far less then the initial demands its very clear that "crushing defeat" is not accurate.

You only need to look at your own current war where Croatia fighting an exhausted, zero manpower max WE Qin and lost and see the inaccuracy in that statement. I've not only held off Croatia but I even managed to recover my entire manpower pool! And drove up Croatia's WE to its limit, clearly not the capability of a "crushed" power.

Status
Not open for further replies.