• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't confuse the treaty of Creece into what ever has been agreed over mutual understanding of America. England can assure to the Asians that England for example is not in part in any secret coalitions to partining china ;)

Considering your even having problems with Anders...

Go Anders! Go go go!

Oh but Anders is a good player. Better than anyone of you there in china ;)

But don't let anders distract you from the fact that europe is not united against ROTW overally. Its just a scheme you use to forge more tyranny around your neighbours...

What propaganda? He hasn't posted in this entire thread.

I've posted once or twice, if only to subscribe to the thread out of sentimentality.

I note all them agreements of peace and land-givey-backiness Egypt had with its neighbours were swiftly forgotten after I left :p

What the flying frigg is Great Britain doing in KOREA?

Fixing the bugged Wokou Pirates events. I posted a bug report about it, but haven't heard back yet. :(

Also, it would be really nice if the China discussion were not played out all over again in this thread. Didn't we have enough of that before we actually converted, when there was some chance of it affecting the ROTW setup?

how can there be megacampaing without china-discussion :p

I note all them agreements of peace and land-givey-backiness Egypt had with its neighbours were swiftly forgotten after I left :p

I make agreements with players, not nations.

If its kept 1v1 the war would last for eternity with no end as my allies could help with rebel control and if hes not actively sieging my provinces then the war will white peace automatically after 36 months.

36? Not 60? You sure?

Treaty of Tikal
The Andalusian Empire of Catalunya and the Confederation of Mayan Polities agree to the following:

• Catalunya accepts Maya as an autonomous state within the Andalusian Federation. The precise circumstances and conditions are as follows:
  • Maya becomes the vassal of Catalunya;
  • Maya will support Catalunyan foreign policy to the best of its ability (Catalunya will take any Mayan advice under consideration, though);
  • Catalunya considers the following intrinsic Mayan territory: mainland Mesoamerica up to and including Panama and the modern-day US Southwest;
  • Maya and Bavaria are encouraged to make their own deals with respect to modern-day Texas and beyond, but in principle Bavarian claims will be honoured;
  • Maya and England are encouraged to make their own deals with respect to British Columbia and Alaska, but in principle English claims will be honoured;
  • As Maya becomes an intrinsic part of the Andalusian Federation, Catalunya will support Mayan Westernization;
  • Mayan independence is guaranteed upon conversion to Vicky, but staying in a Commonwealth of Andalusian Nations is encouraged.

Signed, Catalunya, president of the Andalusian Federation (1443)

If that treaty ends up riven with exceptions and loopholes to the point of near-irrelevance, I won't be at all surprised.

I've posted once or twice, if only to subscribe to the thread out of sentimentality.

Hey Frosty!

I'd like to point out that though someone has already sacked Alexandria, it wasn't me!

If that treaty ends up riven with exceptions and loopholes to the point of near-irrelevance, I won't be at all surprised.!

It's pretty leaky; bordering natives is pretty hard to avoid, especially in Central Asia. That said, I look forward to cooperating in finding a solution to this conundrum.

I'm of the opinion that the only possible solution is for all the other signatories to band together to destroy the nation that is clearly in breach of the treaty's provisions, as is indeed specified in one or another of the clauses.

I'm of the opinion that the only possible solution is for all the other signatories to band together to destroy the nation that is clearly in breach of the treaty's provisions, as is indeed specified in one or another of the clauses.

1. Whatever I may state I don't in fact actually border Maya.
2. Even if I did, and I do indeed intend to, my rationalization is perfectly adequate. Isn't vassalizing the natives wholly within the spirit of the treaty? The goal is to roflpwn them before they can achieve anything. Vassalization counts.

1) Signatories agree to avoid becoming neighbours of Muslim tech group countries, and limit their exposure to Ottoman tech group as much as possible.

2) This shall continue until the point that one signatory suggests to end the treaty, and is backed up by a 2/3 majority of signatories. At that point, we shall point all our arrows outward and go on a Conquering Spree of Massive Proportions.

2a) Before that time, signatories are encouraged to beat up non-signatories, and enforce compliance by beating up non-compliers.

3) Trying to comply but failing may be tolerated temporarily, as long as you ask for help and a 2/3 majority of signatories agrees you did all you could to prevent non-compliance.

In the case of the Mayans:

1) You don't have a border with them. Congratulations. Further study of the treaty is irrelevant as further clauses only come into play if Point 1 has been broken.

However.

In the case of the Chileans:

1) You have a border with them. You have broken the word of the treaty.

2) 2/3rds of the signees of the treaty have not given their go-ahead for your conquering spree.

3) Your occupation of South America certainly does not seem to be temporary, nor did you take the necessary measures to avoid breaking Point 1. You have now violated 2 parts of the treaty.

In the case of the Mayans:

1) You don't have a border with them. Congratulations. Further study of the treaty is irrelevant as further clauses only come into play if Point 1 has been broken.

However.

In the case of the Chileans:

1) You have a border with them. You have broken the word of the treaty.

2) 2/3rds of the signees of the treaty have not given their go-ahead for your conquering spree.

3) Your occupation of South America certainly does not seem to be temporary, nor did you take the necessary measures to avoid breaking Point 1. You have now violated 2 parts of the treaty.

All right. I want to solve this situation with my European friends. How do you propose we proceed?

Hmm, yes, fair enough. Still, OrangeYoshi's points remain to be dealt with. I think that the European nations at this point have two options: They can declare the Treaty of Crete a dead letter, null and void; or they can form a coalition to force Catalunya to comply with it.

Now my opinion is of course quite irrelevant, as I'm not a signatory nor could I send any troops to Spain even if I were; but I will just note in passing that if EU3 treaties were enforced by GM edits, Catalunya would be excommed next session.

Edit: Actually, thinking about it, Oddman has an easy out: He can remove the border by the simple expedient of annexing what's left of Chile. So yeah, Europe probably needs to band together to force Spain to annex South America. I'm sure the Spaniards will fight desperately to avoid this.

Spain has every intention of annexing Chile, its not like he plans on leaving them around for the rest of the game...

That said, I look forward to working for my new Spanish overlords. (Edit: Signed Tikal Treaty)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.