• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Malayan revenge on Catalunya partly complete

So only one thing went right for me this session: I westernised. Otherwise, humdrum infrastructure building (aided by Catalunyan subsidies) and military disasters. On the plus side, with the fantabulous neighbour bonuses I am now getting, my research budget has approximately tripled. I think I got more tech levels in this short session than any previous one.

WTO
wto.jpg

So as we have all noticed there is only one trade league left, Tripolitanian Trade League of African-Asian Trade. Also we might all know that almost every non-European nation is part of this said Trade League. This of course while having benefits for all those part of our league jams most of the Asian and African Centers of Trade. This of course is bad for those who don't have merchants in the Asian CoTs as there is all ready a huge presence of Asian members of our Trade league. As the leader of this TTLoAAT or WTO or OOTL I have come up with a plan. A plan that will help us solve this problem.

I hereby announce that the number of members is dropped from the current amount. Those to drop first have been considered to have been working against the Trade League and their members and leaders. Thus Punjab, Japan and Khmer are all excluded from the trade league as a punishment of their recent actions against the Indian nations.

As for the remaining members which are; Kongo, Ethiopia, Tibet, Persia, Quebec, Bengal, Novgorod and Malaya. A one time payment of 2000 ducats is required for the membership of the League or an offer of the same price in some other from. Those who fail to deliver either the 2000 ducats or the offer of something else before the next session and during it are excluded from the League by the end of the next session. Of course if they later want to join after being excluded from the League the amount required is double the money. As of now the members allowed in the League are 4 in addition to Tripoli. This is because if there is too many members the trade is not fair and free. So only four offers are taken in, and this is based on their value as a trading partner. So it's not going to be first served first.

Also if a new member who is not currently part of the league wants to become a members he or she is required to pay 4000 ducats or an offer similar in value of that.

So I hope that I have made myself clear about how this trade league is going to work for the remaining of our EU3 period. So as someone once said in some movie
show-me-the-money.jpg

OOC: Decided to put this up here too so the peanuts can see what is going on in the Trade world.

Last edited:
Looking forward to real explanations! :D

Well I cannot speak for Asia but in europe it went like:
-Malaya&England DoWs Catalunia... we hunted his navy and Malaya gobled it in Chile, but lack of communication prevented the news of its escape to reach England
-Spanish armada meets the RN in Gulf of Finistre and RN suffers devastating defeat, 80 ships were lost and it retreated to Cromwell and Catalunia offered WP and I accepted it hastily and that forced Malayla to take it too.
Also noteworthy was that first time since I took over Denmark, Bavaria attacked against the Dôns in aid to Catalunia, despite our NAP/DA which England honoured in last session

Then:
-Croatia and Russia attacks Bavaria. Catalunia comes to its aid. Both Catalunia/England/Malaya reaches Naval 22.... Catalunia builds troops...the humiliated englishmen begun to build galleons...
-this war dragges on. Bavaria is getting assraped and Yields, but Catalunia stubourned on...and did not build ships.
-After five years, England hunts Catalunian navy in the Adriatic, where it is blockading croatia. Malaya declares war with his CB.
-Lots of whining of "why? and I gave you such leanient peaces?" And the famous quote by me: "You should have killed me when you had the change"
-In the battle of gulf of Venice, RN sunks the entire spanish armada and the blocade of Spain beguns
-In complete lack of fleet, Catalunia has no change but to yield to the demands of the belligrents, which were 10 provinces in caribean to England and 10 provinces in France to Malaya

I let the asian/africans to summarise what happened in their spectrums as I have no clear idea of that myself

Well I guess the Asian-African things went something like this.

-Africans beat up Gujarat, once again. Taking few provinces here and there.
-They swear to protect it from everyone.
-Mongols go against Tibet with their vassal Punjab.
-Africans decided that Tibet is too valuable to be lost to Mongols and their vassals.
-Africans once again threaten Mongols with war if White Peace is not made in Tibet.
- Mongols once again get scared of this and made White Peace.
- Qin takes some provinces in Tibetan coast in the Croatia vs. Bavaria and Catalonia war.
- Then Gujarat as it has been an AI declares war on Punjab.
- Well Mongols come again and bring their friends the Japanese in too.
- Once again Africans say that if one single province is taken from Gujarat there will be war.
- Both Japan and Punjab say that they want Gujarat to Concede defeat so they get prestige. Africans agree to that.
- Then Mongols try their luck and takes provinces from Gujarat. Africans say that now it is time for war.
- Mongols try to hide behind their allies in Croatia.
- Africans declare war on Mongols.
- Croatia joins and then peaces out. Forces also their vassal Qin to peace out.
- Africans advance in to Punjab. War is once again raging between Africans and Mongols.
- It remains to be seen what demands will the Africans put on the Mongols.

Well I cannot speak for Asia but in europe it went like:
-Malaya&England DoWs Catalunia... we hunted his navy and Malaya gobled it in Chile, but lack of communication prevented the news of its escape to reach England
-Spanish armada meets the RN in Gulf of Finistre and RN suffers devastating defeat, 80 ships were lost and it retreated to Cromwell and Catalunia offered WP and I accepted it hastily and that forced Malayla to take it too.
Also noteworthy was that first time since I took over Denmark, Bavaria attacked against the Dôns in aid to Catalunia, despite our NAP/DA which England honoured in last session

Then:
-Croatia and Russia attacks Bavaria. Catalunia comes to its aid. Both Catalunia/England/Malaya reaches Naval 22.... Catalunia builds troops...the humiliated englishmen begun to build galleons...
-this war dragges on. Bavaria is getting assraped and Yields, but Catalunia stubourned on...and did not build ships.
-After five years, England hunts Catalunian navy in the Adriatic, where it is blockading croatia. Malaya declares war with his CB.
-Lots of whining of "why? and I gave you such leanient peaces?" And the famous quote by me: "You should have killed me when you had the change"
-In the battle of gulf of Venice, RN sunks the entire spanish armada and the blocade of Spain beguns
-In complete lack of fleet, Catalunia has no change but to yield to the demands of the belligrents, which were 10 provinces in caribean to England and 10 provinces in France to Malaya

I let the asian/africans to summarise what happened in their spectrums as I have no clear idea of that myself

Broadly correct. Let me just say that I fought three defensive wars against 5 different nations this session, abandoned by defensive allies on all fronts.
* First, Malaya and England jumped me. I forgave them their transgressions, having sunk the English fleet, after which Malaya peaced out, too.
* Then, Russia and Croatia jumped Bavaria. Catalunya honoured its defensive obligations, but Bavaria folded; facing the combined might of Novgorod and Croatia, Catalunya had no business continuing the war. I tried, in order to get better terms, but that predictably failed.
* About 2 days after that war ended, England and Malaya jumped me AGAIN. My fleet, at that point in the Adriatic, blockading Croatia, was sunk in its entirety. After this, my nation was blocked into max WE.

All in all, Catalunya has been at war for most of the session.

As for my opponents, let it be known that Catalunya forgives, but does not forget.

A report on the current First Ethiopian Crusade against the Mongols:

Casus belli is Mongol annexation of most of the remainder of Gujarat. Ike laid out the details; AI Gujarat attacked Punjab; Punjab retaliated, but the Komgol Alliance was warned by Africa that while self-defense against rampant AI was fine, expanding into India would not be fine and they should white peace. Komgol Alliance replied that they only would seek "concede defeat" for the prestige; reasonable enough, we agreed, and assented to such. However when the Komgols failed to peace the AI once partly occupied, we got suspicious. Cue the shipping of a hundred thousand African soldiers to India, joining armies already present so that a ready response would be available in case of Komgol treachery.

Well, in a development that probably surprised nobody, Kom duly tried to pull a fast one, taking about half of the Gujarati provinces and relying on Chinese promises to join the inevitable subsequent war against Africa. The exile Greeks seem to have forgotten that Qin is a vassal and Africans are allied to their overlord, the One True Roman Empire. (Despite my telling him exactly that before the war.) So that did not work out for KOM.

The war involves Ethiopia, Tripoli, Kongo and Tibet on the one side vs the Khanate, Punjab and Khmer on the other. Qin had joined on the Mongol side but due to Croatian-African friendship, was forced to white peace. Khmer is expected to peace out shortly if played, due to overlord policies (Khmer is a Croatian vassal); alternately, if Khmer continues to be AI next session I have enough spare troops in position, that I don't really need for the purpose of Mongol-fighting, to bludgeon the Khmer AI into accepting a white peace. Though that will be annoying and I hope that Khmer is played so we can settle things without the need to rack up WE in tropical jungles.

In the theatres of war, Mongolia and Punjab face roughly equal numbers, but superior land tech and tech group soldiers, in the Punjabi theatre, where the war has so far gone heavily in African favor. The Punjabi border has been overrun and we are pressing inland. Mongol and Punjabi troops have failed to offer effective resistance so far.

In the Mongolian theatre, a few Khanate legions face superior numbers of Tibetan troops. Ethiopia is capable of roughly doubling the numbers arrayed against KOM here as soon as Khmer is peaced, but to be honest I doubt I will need to given Tibet's numerical and technological superiority.

On the battlefield, five battles have been fought against Mongol armies and one against Punjabi armies. All six battles have been victories and three Mongol legions have been destroyed, one by Tibet and two by Ethiopia. Overall the Mongol alliance has lost roughly three men on the battlefield to every one African.

In total, four Mongol and seven Punjabi provinces are currently occupied. Ethiopian troops have finished capturing Mongol India (six provinces) and are marching to join Tripolitanian soldiers on the Punjabi front, where Tripoli and Ethiopia both occupy three provinces. An Ethiopian blockade of the Punjabi coast has been lifted due to Ethiopian capture of the entirety of said coast near the end of the session; most of the Mongol coastline is within my support limits, so if the war continues next session fleets will be redeployed to blockade KOM instead.

Overall, due to the surrender or destruction of 30-40% of his combat armies KOM is now outnumbered in every theatre of war. Eight Mongol Legions started the war; less than a year in, only five remain. The Punjabi army has higher-quality Ottoman-group infantry and is no longer hopelessly behind in land tech due to Mayi's competent management, but is still small and must deal with the problem of having a fifth of its manpower under occupation, with more soon to follow.

The war has gone on so far for less than a year and war exhaustion remains low in all parties. Punjab's is rising fastest due to large swathes of occupied land.

King of Men is currently demanding two thousand ducats tribute for the privilege of having his armies no longer destroyed and his lands no longer occupied. In return for which he claims that he will sell the lands after the peace treaty.*

*nothing bad could come of this, right? It's not like this whole war was started due to broken Komgol Alliance promises about peace treaties involving Indian land, right?

Last edited:
This session's Top Fives:

Top Five Income:
Bavaria 10574.9
Catalunya 7185.9
Ethiopia 6908.7
USA 6822.5
Malaya 5693.6

Top Five Manpower (max)
Novgorod 355422
Bavaria 266822
Kongo 254932
Qin 254866
Croatia 223316

Top Five Army
Bavaria 363831
Novgorod 325440
Catalunya 270924
Croatia 199788
Persia 150000

Top Five Navy
Malaya 318
England 174
Ethiopia 149
Japan 122
Catalunya 106

Top Five Navy (bigships only)
Malaya 265
Ethiopia 121
England 105
Japan 80
Tripoli 55

Slight quibble, Komongols iirc did not in fact discuss with me or attain my province that I would join the war. Or at least any such request was so casual and informally done that I probably don't remember it. But its pretty predictable though.

Preliminary Population:
According to my calculations:

KHA 88.9 Million (Unchanged from Historical)
QIN 98.3 Million (Down 60%)
ETH 89.3 Million (Africa in general seems up 30% from historical)
CRO 61.6 million
ENG 48.3 Million
QUE 16.4 Million (Golle better watch out, he better not cry and I'm telling you why~)
USA 54.1 Million
BAV 114.05 Million (Up 20%?)
CAT 163.2 Millions (Depends on colonies?)
NOV 82.2 Million (Up 20%)
TRP 38.1 Million
PER 49.6 Millions
KON 68.4 Millions
JAP 26.2 Million (Looks surprisingly Historical)
TIB 64.9 Million (Way above Historical)
BNG 21.6 Million
PUN 49 Million
MSA 66 Millions

Nations by total tech level:

Bavaria 111
Catalunya 110
Quebec 109
Croatia 107
USA 107
England 105
Ethiopia 105
Novgorod 104
Tibet 104
Tripoli 100
Malaya 98
Persia 97
Kongo 96
Qin 96
Japan 95
Mongol Khanate 72
Bengal 66
Punjab 54

A clarification of the Ethiopian claims: Japan, which was allied to the Khanate and joined against Gujarat, may have promised that it wanted only concede defeat, and did indeed peace out for that. The Mongol Khanate gave no such assurance; we respect Japan as a sovereign ally and were glad to sign no alliance peace until they had gotten their war aims, but they do not speak for us.

Perhaps my second peace offer has got lost in the conversion-discussion flurry of the past few days, but here it is again: I am prepared to withdraw from Gujarat and sell the disputed provinces to Bengal. As I recall, the stated casus belli was "Quit India!"; I am willing to concede this demand.

A clarification of the Ethiopian claims: Japan, which was allied to the Khanate and joined against Gujarat, may have promised that it wanted only concede defeat, and did indeed peace out for that. The Mongol Khanate gave no such assurance; we respect Japan as a sovereign ally and were glad to sign no alliance peace until they had gotten their war aims, but they do not speak for us.

Perhaps my second peace offer has got lost in the conversion-discussion flurry of the past few days, but here it is again: I am prepared to withdraw from Gujarat and sell the disputed provinces to Bengal. As I recall, the stated casus belli was "Quit India!"; I am willing to concede this demand.

One word NO!
you_lose.gif

I do believe Irsh has promised me to not demand any core Komongolian provinces.

Youtube has decided to be evil and mean to my youtube account, might have to upload future sessions in 15 minute batches. I am mildly annoyed as there's no explaination.

The claims in question came from Punjab. Which is your vassal, and therefore your responsibility.

As for the peace terms you propose: as Ike says, no. A counter-offer will be delivered shortly.

The vassal does not speak for the master, and had not cleared his statements with me. At any rate, I await your counteroffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.