• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You are most welcome.

I am not sure the mod is working correctly under 1.3, any issues can be reported here and I will do what I can.

Using FtG 1.3: When I select the DoK mod and then click on SETTINGS it has NO shields listed. The vanilla game and other mods have either glory, enhanced or classic shields listed there or a combination of those. Does DoK perhaps lack a file or entry to point the 1.3 game to the shields in the
\For the Glory\Mods\DoK\Gfx\Map\Shields
folder?

Edit: I just tried to simply copy the file AGCEEP uses in the same directory of DoK and DoK finds it´s shields again.

#Shields: Enhanced

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shields = {
name = "Enhanced"
dir = "enhanced"
remark = "Based on EGUFSM templates by Birger"
}

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simply place the file in
\For the Glory\Mods\DoK\Gfx\Map\Shields

Edit: And could you add the version to the DoK-mod file?

#Dawn of Kingdoms 0.51

mod = {
name = "Dawn of Kingdoms"
dir = "DoK"
language = { "english" }
shields = { "enhanced" }
colorscales = { "glory" }
remark = "Medieval Historical Mod 888-1291"
remark = "Version 0.51"
}

Attachments

• shields_enhanced.txt
    326 bytes · Views: 198
Last edited:
I have a double file in DoK:
H:\Paradox\For the Glory\Mods\DoK\Localisation\countries.csv (last changed Saturday 08. September 2012)
and
H:\Paradox\For the Glory\Mods\DoK\Localisation\English\countries.csv (last changed Sunday 12. Februar 2012)

The first is included in the 0.51.rar archive, the second in the 0.50.rar archive.

I guess you wanted to replace the February file from the 0.50 version with the September version, but got the dirctory wrong?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reports, ConjurerDragon, though they come a bit late I am afraid. I had a 0.52 in the works about a year ago, including numerous bugfixes thanks to Jamie550's validator and Bordic's stuff about the rise of the Fatimids. I also wanted to make sure that the mod is compatible with 1.3 betas, which does not seem to the case reading your post.

I will see what I can come up with in the next couple of weeks.

I realize now that my last post may have left hope to some people as I have received a couple of PMs, so here is an official announcement that the mod's development is currently indefinitely suspended.

I may try something with EUIV at some point, but For the Glory is now too much outdated, in regards to newer games like CKII and EUIV.

The links do not work anymore. Does someone still have this great mod? It is part of a glorious game. Don't let it fade to the eternal darkness of forgotten mods.

I realize now that my last post may have left hope to some people as I have received a couple of PMs, so here is an official announcement that the mod's development is currently indefinitely suspended.

I may try something with EUIV at some point, but For the Glory is now too much outdated, in regards to newer games like CKII and EUIV.

Chess are also too much outdated but people play it for fun.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks, now works, but the game crashes after two years in game,
you know why?
I use FTG 1.3

Thanks, now works, but the game crashes after two years in game,
you know why?
I use FTG 1.3

DoK was created for FtG 1.2 and does not work completely with FtG 1.3, e.g. see post 322 of me in this thread.

sad, I will have to have FTG 1.2 also then

sad, I will have to have FTG 1.2 also then

There is nothing sad about that - there are half a dozen mods to enjoy in the modding subforum who are not (yet) updated to work with 1.3 so having 1.2 installed to play them, at least to me, is a must.

Last edited:
There is nothing sad about that - there are half a dozen mods to enjoy in the modding subforum who are not (yet) updated to work with 1.3 so having 1.2 installed to play them, at least to me, is a must.

Unfortunately I do not find some FTG there, just the GOG 1.3, on Steam how can I get back to version 1.2 of FTG?

Unfortunately I do not find some FTG there, just the GOG 1.3, on Steam how can I get back to version 1.2 of FTG?

GOG delivers FtG with patch 1.3? I’m surprised by that as the 1.3 patch is still described as a beta version
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ftg-1-3-beta-patch-unified-thread.670289/

FtG 1.2 should be still available here, however I don’t know if you can simply copy 1.2 over 1.3 without problems
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1-2-is-now-out.489887/

Now I have it in 1.2 Steam version, but i think i have a problem,
How is this possible?
Bailifs in all of provinces, and much more army than normal(i think)
The AI hvae ilimited Money and Manpower?
this also occurs in another mod with me, Arabia Universalis
for the glory 1.png
For the glory 2.png
For the glory 3.png

Last edited:
Now I have it in 1.2 Steam version, but i think i have a problem,
How is this possible?
Bailifs in all of provinces, and much more army than normal(i think)
The AI hvae ilimited Money and Manpower?
this also occurs in another mod with me, Arabia Universalis
View attachment 321174 View attachment 321175 View attachment 321176
Money and manpower at start cannot be modded as far as I know. It is certainly determined by the engine and I never found how to solve this.