• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Attacking Taurica now? Perhaps the new empire will be greater than even Alexander’s - and maybe even than the glory that Rome will never have.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Chapter 29: The Regional Rewards (30 NOV 281)

Amastris awoke with a wry smile on her face. She was satisfied with the outcome after hearing the victories and immediate surrender of Khersonesos. She doddles a few extra minutes on the balcony, for in bit there will be an immense amount of activity.

She calls the consul meeting and everyone but Pantauchos is in a happy mood. You would think in a war where only two hundred men lost and is over in less than a year, he would at least be happy of those results, but no, the pacifist is content to mope around.

Men, Men, MEN! Shouting over the top of the chatter, Amastris says let’s get to business, we have a lot to discuss. First of all, the peace deal was simple we accomplished our goals and got out. We could have done (taken) more but at what cost.

29-peacedeal.jpg

Next, we have achieved Regional Power status, which now allows for us another import and more diplomatic range. We can now have an extra alliance and hopefully keep the negative under control with civil war and rebellions being a lower limit.

29-regional.jpg

This puts us well on our way to Cracking the Khersonesos portion of the divine mission. With those details out of the way we need to start planning our next moves, not celebrating.

29-CrackKhersonesos.jpg

Pairisades goes first, well we do have more income and I can do a quick audit to see about our resources, we are at 359 talents but I need to see about increasing expenses. Amynatas goes next, we have decent manpower, over 17 cohorts and ability to train more men. We need a bigger compound and training barracks.

Next goes the religious men, it was a great victory yet half way there I suggest we focus on either the Armenian border or finishing the divine prophecy. The omens are not telling us which way to go but that they will be successful when we decide to move.

Pantauchos sits and pouts saying nothing, because in reality there is nothing to complain about. The injuries suffered in the field were healed before they got back and the meager 200 lives lost were replaced once they docked. Morale is extremely high and there nothing he can do about it.

The orators shrug and say nothing is wrong on our ends. Two points of aggressive expansion is nothing to worry about and everything is legitimate but some stability improvements could be helpful.

Alright so we have some suggestions, I guess we can decide our next steps in a vote. As I am with the holy men that there is not a clear path spoken in the omens. I am sure that we are going to get into war we do not want with Aetolia so we may sidestep that and carry on our own.

In hostile world everyone needs a friend.

So, Pantauchos is an extreme pacifist... does he object to war on principle, or something?

Also, a word of advice: being a Regional Power allows you to threaten war if a state doesn’t give up territory. Using this feature could be helpful, as some of the weaker states might just accept your demands without war. (I’m not 100% sure that’s how AI responses to threaten war work, but it’s a logical conclusion)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Due to work reassignment I am going to have to put this AAR on a temporary hiatus. I am not stopping the work as I have over 20k more words to publish but my time will be extremely limited due to the covid health related issues. I may just move this to a weekly schedule once things stabilize. I will probably complete this work as one book with Amastris then work on the next ruler, and do each of them as their own book/thread instead of one mega campaign like originally planned. Time and unforeseen occurrences alter things when we want the least amount of change.

Reactions:
No worries. Take whatever time you need.

Real life always come first. :)