• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Enewald - It was hard enough to have him understand that months are 30 days long.

clifton, Gunneroid - Thanks and welcome, indeed von Ribbentrop's reaction is pretty much self-explanatory :)

Sorry about the usual slowdown, updating tomorrow afternoon (Sunday, I live in GMT +1).

Cabinet Meeting April 1946

0000 April 1st 1946
Reichstag, Berlin

"Good day gentlemen. Let's get this starting, as usual" Bormann opened the Cabinet Meeting "Albert."

"Good day everyone. During the last month we have suffered a temporary loss of eleven factories due to Allied bombings. There is nothing we can do to prevent this without damaging our most precious asset that is the Luftwaffe."​

087-01-Production.jpg

"Stockpiles are good with the usual exception of Oil and Rare Materials. Also, the Supplies deficit we're running can no longer be sustained and we'll take measures about this soon. About production, upgrades are going fine and our industries are almost fully able to satisfy every need. We could also resume production on one of our Nuclear Reactors."

"Ernst."

"There is a slight difference in numbers concerning the Soviet Union".​

087-02-SOVEsp.jpg

"March is probably the last month of peace in the Eastern border, so let me highlight that the numbers I am giving are most probably the numbers we're going to fight, for the last time, hopefully. Their Army shows a decrease of three divisions, which is probably due to a statistical re-assessment of our espionage network in the Soviet Union. A significant note is that their Industry is once again suffering from some resource deficit. With the whole World against them, we do know how it's difficult to find reliable trade partners. They have devised a new encription device."​

087-03-USEsp.jpg

"The US show their steady progress in Industry build-up, while everything else looks fairly stable. No research completed from them this month."​

087-04-UKEsp.jpg

"We have a sharp decrease in numbers for the British, which is strange and highly unlikely - twenty less infantry divisions, six less armored divisions, nine less fighter squadrons. True is that the Soviet Union is actually fighting against them, but inflicting this degree of havoc to their forces is just out of the question. Perhaps our data is just unreliable. We know for certain that they have devised a new doctrine for their Naval forces, however."

"Fine. Joachim, I know you have some word about the Far East" Bormann asked.

"I do. There's some interesting progress in the East."​

087-05-USAsia.jpg

"Looks like we'll have to do a bit of marching once we annex the Soviet Union."

"Looks like that, Heinz. But we'd better meet the Allies as far East as possible" Ringel replied "I don't want to do the same Barbarossa all over again because some Yankee decided to spend their vacation in the Red Square."

"It won't happen, gentlemen. As already highlighted here, Winter is coming to a conclusion, and the time is ripe for a new, great offensive against the Soviet Union. Something tells me that this will be the last year of Soviet organized resistance. Heinz, has your plan changed since you devised it in December?" Bormann asked.

"Of course not Martin, and I will repeat it as it is quite simple really. Everything makes me think that we'll be able to capture Moscow by June-July, and destroy the bulk of their Army currently facing both Heeresgruppen Nord and Mitte. In fact, our 1946 objectives are the capture of Moscow and the effective destruction of the Red Army as a reliable fighting force. This will be achieved by a heavy push towards Moscow and Smolensk. Once Heeresgruppe Nord has either captured or reached the outskirts of these focal points, the Soviet forces West of Moscow will actually be part of a huge bulge. Heeresgruppe Nord will therefore turn West, turning this bulge into many localized encirclement."​

087-06-SOVPlan.jpg

"While Heeresgruppe Nord is all about movement and encirclement this year, Heeresgruppe Mitte is tasked about keeping the Commies busy all over the frontline. Once Heeresgruppe Nord comes close to their rear, they will have nowhere to flee."

"Just brilliant, Heinz, as ever. Let's put this plan in motion" Bormann stated, ending the meeting.​

V-day in east aka capture of Moscovy; 7th of July.

Still leaves the south, but the caucasus will be easier without the soviet industry and units in the north.

GrimPagan - Voting was closed already, but since the invasion hasn't begun yet I'll make an exception.

Enewald - That's the minimum and imperative bar. Everything else is a plus.

With a distant sound of the Ride of the Valkyries approaching, so it begins...

Red Storm

0700 April 1st 1946
Seville, Spain

The stubborn Allies tried once again to assault the more stubborn defense of Seville in Spain.​

088-01-Seville.jpg

One week of fighting was enough to dissuade the attackers once more.​

0000 April 6th 1946
Intelligence Dept., Berlin, Germany

Erich Raeder was not a busy man in the Third Reich. As Germany renounced all her pretentions of being a maritime power, he really had a lot of free time at his disposal.​

088-02-InterdictDoctrine.jpg

This would change over time, however, as he and his staff were devising a brand new German doctrine for their Kriegsmarine. It would be a hard task, though, since someone explained them that 'armored breakthrough' and 'Schwerpunkt' really aren't concepts suited for Battleships.​

0600 April 10, 1946
Leningrad Garrison, Soviet Union

"What do you see from there, Obergefreiter?"

A young soldier assigned to the German garrison in Leningrad was watching through a pair of binoculars, and his Lieutenant was curious to know what he was doing with them. The closest enemy presence was at three hundred kilometers from Leningrad, so there was little sense in using binoculars.

"Ah... herr Leutnant, I was just looking over there. Snow is melting, and now it's all full of mud."

"Exactly. You know what it means?"

"That we're soon going to fight the Russians once again?"

"Correct."​

088-03-LuftwaffeSOVRebase.jpg

"And... are we going to join our comrades in the front lines too?"

The Lieutenant smirked, reading a worried state on the face of his subordinate "Don't worry young boy, you're not being sent to Hell at the moment. We're staying here to keep this city quiet."

He timidly nodded.

"You're young" the lieutenant added, after a moment of silence "and rather decorated already. Where are you from?"

"Braunau am Inn, herr Leutnant."

"Curious... Hitler's birthplace" he thought, as he lit up a cigarette. "Want one?"

"I... I don't smoke, herr Leutnant."

The lieutenant bursted into a laugh.​

0000 April 12th 1946
Karlstad, Sweden

A small rebellion questioned the rightful command of Germany over Sweden. Ten thousand Pair O' Ducks* programmers denounced the gruesome working conditions they were subjected to in order to contribute to Germany's scientific progress, and in doing so they interrupted development of the third installment of Lungs of Titanium.​

088-04-SwedeRevolt.jpg

A brief discussion with a squadron of Close Air Support, four days and nine hours long, persuaded them that their work was more important than their lives.​

0100 April 15th 1946
LXX. Korps, Volkhov, Soviet Union

All was ready for the 1946 Summer campaign against the Soviet Union. All the Germans needed was a propitious occasion.​

088-05-CampaignBegun.jpg

They had got it. Some vengeful Soviets uncarefully entered the new borders of Finland. Lt. General Thomaschki would inaugurate the 1946 Hunting season, with red bears being the preferred target.​

088-06-CASBomb.jpg

After months of rest, the Luftwaffe resumed its daily routine in hunting down enemy divisions.​

0000 April 17th 1946
Foreign Offices, Berlin, Germany

An orange dressed man entered von Ribbentrop's office.

"Greetings, ambassador. What can I do for you today?"

"I'd like to apply for a job. I've recently lost mine."​

088-07-NatChiannexesTibet.jpg

Chinese claims over Tibet were millennia old, so they said, but it was curious that they took until 1946 to climb Mt. Everest and defeat the Dalai Lama and the Tibetan Army composed by six yaks.​

0800 April 17th 1946
Vytegra, Soviet Union

Elsewhere in the world people were less interested in Tibetan affairs. Soviet troops, in particular, were much more interested in discovering the taste of German-delivered bombs.​

088-08-VytegraBomb.jpg

Too bad for ten thousand of them it would be a once-in-a-life experience.​

0800 April 19th 1946
LXX. Korps, Vytegra, Soviet Union

"Do you see anything there, Leutnant?"

"Nein herr Oberst, nothing except miles of land."

"Then the Luftwaffe has done its job. Let's take another useless piece of land!"​

088-09-VytegraVictory.jpg

"Ja, herr Oberst."​

1600 April 19th 1946
Tikhvin, Soviet Union

Elsewhere, German troops were not so successful. Soviet troops had time and material to dug in, and the mud denied any technical advantage to the attackers.​

088-10-TikhvinFail.jpg

The attack was swiftly aborted.​

*original reference: the most excellent Rustican's RISK AAR

Red Storm

continued

088-11-NovgorodFail.jpg

A similar fate approached the attack on Novgorod. Even if Soviet troops experienced intermittent supply shortages, the Germans still lacked Luftwaffe support.​

2200 April 22nd 1946
Segezha, Finland

Once again, Soviet troops were caught in an encirclement. Finland never ceased to be a headache for the Soviet Union.​

088-12-Encircled.jpg

The Luftwaffe was now free to operate elsewhere.​

0000 April 25th, 1946
Intelligence Dept., Berlin, Germany

Erich Raeder's struggle for a better Kriegsmarine would be helped by the Kriegrsmarinewerft as it recently completed a new model of Light Carriers.​

088-13-EarlyLightCarrier.jpg

"New" is compared to German standards.​

Last edited:
DvD-IT said:
Enewald - That's an ironic question, isn't it? And I mean the Chinese alliance :)

Update.

Hooray.

Cabinet Meeting May 1946

0000 May 1st 1946
Reichstag, Berlin

"So it started" Bormann began "Ernst, have our early attacks already damaged the Reds?"

"A little bit yes Martin, but it is still too early to say that we're finally bringing the Bear to our knees."​

089-01-SOVEsp-1.jpg

"Nevertheless, our spies report losses as high as seven divisions, two armored, two of infantry. It's a bit too much, since we did encircle some divisions in Finland last month, but not as many.

Their industry has recovered from their material shortage, and they have completed research on a new Decryption device. That is all at the moment."​

089-02-USEsp.jpg

"That beast of the United States has increased its industrial output by fifteen industrial complexes last month. They have completed a single research, and that is of a new model of Anti-tank artillery."​

089-03-ENGEsp.jpg

"UK's picture hasn't changed much since our last report. No research completed either."

"Albert."

"Good morning all. We have almost ended upgrades, and that is a good thing since we made it in time for the Summer offensive. The spare industrial resources have now been allocated to production, as we finally resumed work on our two nuclear reactors, one of which is going to be ultimated at the end of this month. Two series of three Garrison divisions are also expected to be raised this month; those six divisions will be deployed in France so to relieve other more important divisions, now relegated to beach guard duty."​

089-04-Production.jpg

As far as resources are concerned, we are experiencing a shortfall of Rare Materials. We have managed to keep our small Oil reserves almost intact until now, but with the Summer season upcoming I think we can only expect to give our Army its full power for no more than fifteen days."

"Well then, we'll make sure that we deliver that decisive blow in fifteen days" Bormann stated "Heinz, is that possible?"

"Well, until now we have only created the premises for our upcoming offensive. Yes, we believe it is possible to encircle hefty portions of the Red Army. In fact, we have been offered only mediocre resistance until now. But do not expect us to achieve any sort of decisive blow in fifteen days. I think it will take us up to the end of July."

"I guess that means much more work for von Ribbentrop. Gentlemen, let's make sure we can finally destroy the Red Army. This is finally the chance we've awaited for; we had it once in 1941, let's not fail it again "Bormann ended the meeting.​

Red Storm

1400 May 1st, 1946
Staraya Russa, Soviet Union

With a new month, new battles began. Von Mannerheim was glad to set foot on Russian soil, although he was ordered to fight a battle he couldn't win at the moment.​

090-01-Staraya.jpg

The defenders had been, however, softened enough by Luftwaffe dive bombers.​

090-02-KalininRetires.jpg

In the following day, the Soviet Union announces that Mikhail Kalinin had retired. Not too bad, since Stalin is still going strong.​

090-03-Tikhvin.jpg

A few days later, fighting resumed as the forests of Tikhvin were the spectators of yet another Soviet costly defeat. Lt. Gen. Bornemann became far more experienced with this kind of scenery and contributed to the trimming of the Soviet Army, even if it took five days to decimate two Soviet divisions.​

090-04-Demyansk.jpg

Those poor divisions were given no break as they were attacked immediately after they had retreated to Demyansk. Victory would ensue once again, but not for long this time.​

090-05-Attacked.jpg

A rather large counter-attack was organized at the expense of Bornemann as soon as he arrived in Demyansk. Although he wanted to retreat, he was ordered to defend the place for a few days.​

0400 May 16th 1946
Staraya Russa, Soviet Union

The reason for ordering Bornemann to defend Demyansk was that he was needed for the encirclement of a small Soviet force in Novgorod. On May 16th, a massive attack was planned on Staraya Russa.​

090-06-Staraya.jpg

The brief and successful attack would create a dangerous bulge for the Soviet forces, provided that Bornemann could survive that long.​

1700 May 16th 1946
Nogvorod, Soviet Union

As soon as forces were available, the attack on Novgorod started. Marshes slowed down the attack a lot, but the attackers would not desist.​

090-07-Novgorod.jpg

Two days were required to dislodge the defenders. They were now retreating to Staraya Russa, as it now was a race between retreating Soviet forces and the pursuing German forces.​

090-08-DemyanskDefeat.jpg

Bornemann was too hard-pressed to continue defending, and so he was finally allowed to retreat. Not a similar fate would be granted to those two retreating Soviet divisions.​

090-09-DemyanskAttack.jpg

German forces pressed forward as Demyansk was theatre of intense bombing. A badly mauled Armored divisions was all that remained shortly thereafter.​

090-10-Cherepovets.jpg

Cherepovets also held a similar fate. The rate of Soviet retreats was steadily increasing.​

Red Storm

continued

The first batch of Garrison divisions was completed and ready for deployment.​

090-11-Garrison.jpg

They would be deployed on the Belgian coast.​

090-12-GarrisonDeployed.jpg

Many more divisions were still required to cover all of Western Europe, and Germany was never secure against any renewed Allied amphibious attack.​

1300 May 27th 1946
Rzhev, Soviet Union

Field Marshal Hausser was given a great honor: to lead the spearhead in direction of Moscow. The marshes of Rzhev would be his battlefield, and he was about to approach the outskirts of the Soviet capital.​

090-13-Rzhev.jpg

Two days later, between him and Moscow was the Volga river.​

Let's hope that the Soviets don't have any Siberian troops to spare this time around.