• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The soviets are just marching west or south while you are attacking them.

Maybe it is a cunningplan of the AI to let you thing that you have encircled them and that they in reality are walking towards berlin :D.

But a splendid update. I nenver understand why little sock-puppets are so bellingerent to declare war on a heavyweight. It is like a suicide with the help of the wehrmacht. :)

1/5 (or 1/4?) of whole red army crushed, now you have the doors open for second Unternehmen Barbarossa.

This is über :p

Enewald said:
Hail the ai! :D
The red army has liberated krakow! :eek:
But for how long...? :p

I am sure Soviet propaganda officers will find a way how to turn this into a glorious victory for the Red Army :D

"Heroic Soviet soldiers didn't hesitate and quickly exploited a gap in the German lines! Despite hopeless German counter-attacks, they delivered a cripling blow to the fascists in Cracow! Total victory is near!"

;)

twcAxeman - Not this year :)

Minarchist - Field Marshal Rommel Skill 5 - Exp 15; Model Skill 5 Exp 36

Folgore80 - I will focus on Italy when those nice divisions will get captured. Soviet Union will be dealt with next year, I think.

bbcrackmonkey, ColossusCruncher - Indeed luck - or AI stupidity - made most of the trick - I'm very little responsible of the realisation of this massive encirclement. The more Stalin executes, the merrier for us :)

Von Perkele - Thanks, Stryj is going to be the turning point more than Normandy.

Deus - They were so cunning that they left themselves to get encircled, so why doubt of the cunningness of their new plan :) Those superpowers that are Syria and Lebanon just want to jump in the winners' bandwagon. Of course, 'winner' is relative like everything else.

Lord Finnish - Barbarossa II will come, not now but it will come :)

HKslan, Folgore80 - You are right :) I often write Germans as it comes natural like saying Wehrmacht. Romania has been a loyal ally and her loyalty has proven to be greatly tested in these harsh times.

Enewald - They will still hold for some time, but they won't ever get rescued for sure.

Winner - "As news reports from the battle of Stryj come hour after hour, we cannot keep up with the pace of our glorious troops that are advancing in direction of Berlin so fast that they are marching at a speed faster than light, thus traveling in the past. That is how we're fooling the Germans to think that they've killed one million of our soldiers!"

Update.

Checkmate!

1400 September 6th 1944
Ismail, Romania

The progress that the Romanian Field Marshal Antonescu was achieving on Ismail was far ahead of the most optimistic schedules. Twenty Soviet divisions were about to capitulate.​

034-1-Ismail.jpg

Six hours later, short of supplies and morale, they surrendered to the once again truly free people of Romania. With the fall of Ismail, Romania regained her disputed lands.​

034-2-IsmailWin.jpg

It would also be a Romanian division to come first to Ismail: Corp 13 Armata, led by Mj. General Dotcev.​

2200 September 6th 1944
1. Panzerarmee, Przemysl, Poland

The one-hundred Cracowian pocket still showed no signs of admitting defeat.​

034-3-Cracow.jpg

The battle was a standstill, as the Soviet armored divisions still had a lot of armour for Von Bock's troops to pierce.​

0200 September 8th 1944
Greece, Europe

As there was nominally no 'commander' for a Balkan theatre, the few divisions present in Athens forwarded the last news to Ringel, in Italy.​

034-4-CreteLost.jpg

The Allies wouldn't go that far if that was a try at avenging the defeat of Normandy. Most notably, the loss of the Cyclades to Brazil made Germany aware of two important things: first, that Germany was at war with Brazil; second, that Brazil had an Army, and one of at least thirty-thousand regulars.​

0300 September 9th 1944
Foreign Ministry, Berlin, Germany

It was time to replenish Oil stockpiles once again.​

034-5-Oil.jpg

Even if von Ribbentrop was von Ribbentrop afterall, the Romanians would not sell their Oil at a low price.​

0700 September 10th 1944
1. Panzerarmee, Przemysl, Poland

The Wehrmacht ran out of ideas thinking on how to break the stiff Soviet resistance in Cracow. Out of supply and encircled, it looked like they were grinding the attack to a halt.​

034-6-Cracow.jpg

Not even Guderian's divisions made any difference yet.​

That pocket is going to win you the war. Nice job. :D

Try both. :D

Creslin - I guess I'm just too used to vanilla. But then you are right, it's more realistic that way. The 6th Army didn't really surrender in one day afterall.

coolguy684 - This is a mod made by Fernando Torres, so you should ask him; yep, that's the EWWII mod.

germanpeon, Deus, BoemsiBoemsie - I'm usually not that cruel to let my enemies die of starvation. But, since they don't want to lay their weapons down, I am forced to have them subdued the hard way.

Romanius, ColossusCrusher - It might indeed be a mix of the two :)

Sorry for the delay, but Real Life's call of duty is difficult to cope with sometimes. Expect an update within hours.

Checkmate!

2300 September 12th 1944
Somewhere in Germany

News was that the UK had managed to infiltrate a spy among the ranks of German high departments. Ernst Kaltenbrunner knew the UK had attempted such an action, but not where the spy was.​

035-1-Spy.jpg

Nor could he spare any funding for counter-espionage.​

1000 September 18th 1944
Cracow, Poland

After several days of stalemate, it was unanimously decided that it was a waste of bullets to try to make the Cracow pocket surrender at present.​

035-2-Cracow.jpg

They would let them die of starvation.​

0000 September 19th 1944
Warsaw, Poland

Twenty-four divisions finally arrived in Warsaw after being redeployed from France, and sixteen more would arrive in a few days.​

035-3-Deploy.jpg

"We're agreed, Heinz, that you and Heeresgruppe Mitte do not need such troops?"

"Negative, Julius. With Rommel's successfull operation, those one-hundred or so divisions are not going anywhere. We've not suffered a single attack for several weeks, because of Soviet buildup - and subsequent encirclement - in the South. There are sixteen more divisions that are going to be redeployed in Warsaw soon, so there's not really anything to worry about this Winter."

"Very well then."

035-4-RedeployMilan1.jpg

Twenty-four divisions would be redeployed in Milan by mid-October. Ringel had great plans for the Boot.​

And those are some pretty hefty divisions being deployed south. What do the Allied positions in Italy look like right now?

Use the encircled Soviets as target practice for your Luftwaffe (those parts of it which are still functioning), then they'll surrender.