• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Man i hope you can stop those americans....

Last edited:
it would maybe help him if he is in the action while writing - but i am currrently having say 250 screenshots on my pc for my AAR i am currently searching with a magnifying thingy....quite entertaining actually - playing find the bad thingies......at one time i thought of editing the CSA flag too for "fun".....but decided not to ;)

if I have to edit the bad flag ill just invent an alternative version - more fun for me :D

Winner said:
I admire the people who play 1944 scenario. I guess I am not used to jumping on a train which is heading towards a catastrophe ;)

And the pleasure of avoiding the train crashing? :D

Von Perkele - Thanks. I hope it won't be over in two days :)

Winner - Courage or foolishness? :) I don't think I have the power to do anything in Russia right now, if not for local counterattacks when in dire need.

SgtPepper20 - I hope so. Setbacks in France are sure thing for a few days, but I hope to strenghten the lines enough to push the Americans back to the beaches when they stretch out too far.

Fernando Torres - Oil and MP are indeed two problems, with Oil being the one with most pressure at the moment. It is unlikely that I will perform any encirclement in the near future.

Simon-1979 - Thanks, they have been spotted and corrected. Eisenhower and his fellows will be stopped, I hope. I am indeed updating what I play on the spot: I myself do not know how things will develop until I make another update, for the simple fact I haven't played up to that point yet, so to keep the surprise for me, and write things in a more truthful way - I could unadvertantly hint to certain future references if I had made updates far past my point of current playing and already knew how certain things would develop.

Lord Finnish - Thank you. I am actually more worried about the Americans at the moment.

Kurt Steiner - I cannot know it actually might crash :)

Update to follow, with some small technical issues...

Last edited:
Don't you hate reloading issues... All orders' timers are reset to zero and the AI breaks off all his ground attacks. Those images do not respond entirely to reality, but I can't do otherwise.

In Flames

0000 June 21st 1944
Outskirts of Warsaw

004-4-Uprising2.jpg

To much surprise of German local defense, the Polish population arose once again against its oppressors, duplicating that very same Warsaw uprising happened just one year ago. Two militia divisions were formed and set the city free. Von Sponeck would deal with them, though it would take him two days to reach Warsaw. One Tactical Bomber wing was hastily retrieved to assist him to quell the rebellion as quickly as possible.​

0000 June 21st 1944
Foreign Ministry. Reichtstag, Berlin.

004-1-Deal.jpg

On a slightly brighter note, the Hungarians offered the blueprints of Early Marine Division to Germany. Not that it could be of much help, but von Ribbentrop still accepted the deal in sign of accepting the gratitude of Germany's long standing allies.

After one intense and bloody day of fighting, however, Speer realized there was one more thing to worry about: Oil stockpiles.​

004-2-ProductionScreen.jpg

Von Ribbentrop quickly arranged some deals with Romania and Bulgaria. Those were costly deals, but it gave Germany another 10-15 days of Oil autonomy; if he had not arranged such deals, German troops would become like sitting ducks in less than ten hours.​

004-3-OilDeal.jpg

On the same day, von Ribbentrop received a detailed report from Germany's Japanese ally, depicting the status of their Armed forces and their ground situation in China. It did not look good.​

004-6-JapanReport.jpg

Japanese industry was fairly good. They forgot to include within the report details about their stockpiles, but von Ribbentrop knew for sure they were short on Energy.​

004-7-JapanReport2.jpg

"How on Earth can those fools manage that?" thought von Ribbentrop when looking at the map. Some Chinese militia could bring a lot of trouble to the IJA by simply capturing one small piece of territory.​

004-8-JapanReport3.jpg

The Japanese envoy did want perhaps to show the pride of his nation by handing a not-so-bad, in paper, report about the Japanese Armed Forces. They did not look that bad afterall, but once again von Ribbentrop knew many of those ground divisions were understrenght. Airforce was, on the opposite, quite good, while the IJN was a mere shadow of its former self and he doubted it would enter 1945 with the same number of vessels. He could only hope they would enter 1945.​

0000 June 21st 1944
3. Panzerarmee, Polotsk, Russia

004-5-PolotskRetreat.jpg

Field Marshall Kesselring knew it was coming. His fourteen understrenght divisions would not stand much against twenty-five Soviet divisions. He was retreating to Swieciany anyways, so it was everything according to plans, and so he issued the retreating order once again. Similar orders were issued by General Straube in Mozyr.​

0100 June 21st 1944
1. Armee Headquarters, Lyon, Southern France

A messenger informed General Burgdorf about a strange event "Herr General, we received a report showing enemy troop movement East to our position!"​

004-9-Grenoble.jpg

"What are you talking about? Did the Allies land in Marseille...? Hand me over the report!" General Burgdorf looked at the paper: one entire French militia division appeared from nowhere in Grenoble.

"How on Earth could they... Ah well, tell our soldiers they are going to have some target practice today." Burgdorf dismissed the messenger.​

0100 June 21st 1944
Armeegruppe Südukraine, Iasi, Romania

The Soviets had broken off their attack on Ismail. Von Weichs was not going to fight an enemy in such circumstancies, and even if he could win this battle, he was not going to waste precious lives against an useless objective. He received soon after authorization from von Manstein to stop the attack, and so he did.​

004-10-BeltsyBreak.jpg

Things looked grim, but they could've been much worse.​

IRL, only the warsaw ghetto uprised in 1943 and in 1944, the whole town uprised.
Well, nice update !
Too much laugh with "Grenoble's practice target". IRL, there were many resistants out there who uprised just after the DDay.

Btw, did UK get the "Purple Plan" event yet ? This event is a lot of laugh too. :)

bloody strange thing in Grenoble.........like you havent got enough to worry about......what have you been messing with Fernando Torres?? ;) ......give those fools a good licking DvD-it :D

Fernando Torres - Yes, one day after the game has started I got a lot of events, but I dismissed almost them all, as they were expected to fire way past the current timeline (1942, 1943...) but didn't fire obviously because the game starts in 1944. So I either went historical or just didn't look at them thoroughly.

Simon-1979 - Indeed but they are just a minor nuisance.

HKslan - Two days don't bring a lot of difference, but I'm quite sure that in two weeks the troops in the Western front will be all refitted. Not the same can be said for their Eastern counterparts, but I can't satisfy all at this moment and must make priorities. France comes first.

SouthCarolinian - Retreating orders have already saved a lot of lives and trouble. So yes, it could've really been much worse. It is still too early to know whether these plans will bring the Wehrmacht to victory or defeat, but I think that's a good start for now.

Update to follow.

In Flames

0300 June 21st 1944
The skies above Amiens

005-1-AmiensAir.jpg

Air General Grauert was just too happy to teach a lesson to its Allied counterpart, Lt. General Eimhirst. Casualties on the Allied side were already mounting, and with daylight such casualties increased, so that the two sides disengaged at 0900. It wasn't good news for the Americans this time.

On other news, several divisions in Russia were under constant Soviet bombardment, but there was nothing they could do, if not dig in. At least those were not ground attacks.​

0600 June 21st 1944
1. Armee Headquarters, Lyon, Southern France

005-2-Burgdorf.jpg

Five hours of fighting were enough to convince the French militia division it wasn't about time to react against their German overlords. General Burgdorf persuaded them enough, and then proceeded north to help its fellows against the Americans. Grenoble could wait.​

0900 June 21st 1944
Northern France

The Americans had fast manoeuvering vehicles. Too fast, thought General Hausser, but he couldn't help. He and his troops were not far away from Le Mans either.​

005-3-ArgentanParis.jpg

This would open a hole in Orléans. If the Americans occupy the city, he would try a counter-attack to split the American forces in two, if that was deemed possible.​

1200 June 21st 1944
Cherbourg, Northern France

005-4-CherbourgBombing.jpg

To add insult to the disgrace, Allied bombers wanted to waste some of their explosive matériel on the already battered division - more at a regimental status now - of Cherbourg.​

005-5-ChannelApproach.jpg

Read Admiral Donner's five submarine flotillas were intercepted in the Channel approach by a French fleet during their convoy raiding mission, and a fleet of a certain magnitude. The Luftwaffe was too busy repairing his aircraft, and nothing could be spared to hunt this fleet.​

1500 June 21st 1944
Mouth of the Thames

005-6-MouthOfTheThames.jpg

Grand Admiral Marschall and his 22 submarine flotillas engaged another enemy fleet; it was that of the English, this time, and some not too happy ones to greet him in peace. Once again, no air support would aid him. He could only hope the Anti-submarine warfare trainings of the English were not that good at that point of the war, a thing he highly doubted. Seven hours later, both fleets in Mouth of the Thames and Channel approach would disengage the enemy after bitter fighting and sustained damage on their submarines. The Kriegsmarine would lose 7. Zerstörergeschwader to the French Battleship Richelieu.​

2200 June 21st 1944
5. Panzerarmee, Paris, France

General Heissmeyer looked nervously at the freshly arrived reports. He was almost sure he was safe there, in the urban territory of Paris, with twelve divisions undergoing a fast stream of reinforcements thanks to the priority list. But when he received this report his border watchkeepers handed him, he could not believe what he was reading.​

005-7-OrlansEisenhower.jpg

"... Hausser? We got some interesting news here. The Americans occupied Orléans as we thought..."

"With how many divisions?" Gen. Hausser anxiously replied.

"Only one General, but one of that importance: it is led by Eisenhower."

Hausser gasped at listening the word Eisenhower "You mean there's one lone division in Orléans and it is led by Eisenhower? There's no time to waste!"

Some minutes after, each available Interceptor and Bomber Wing was called to bomb the hell out of that division.​

005-8-EisenhowerAttack.jpg

In the same moment, nineteen German divisions attacked five American divisions with General Erdmannsdorff spearheading the attack; seven more from Le Havre would join the battle two hours later. Isolating that American division seemed to became of vital importance.​

Good luck to you DvD-IT. I like the updates of course, but then again I would :D

No Model I see. My favourite defensive Panzer General.

Other than that all seems fairly normal. Some new events spice it up somewhat but the early Warsaw Uprising is a bonus rather than a curse, so long as it doesn't happen again. Never seen the Allies attack Rennes at the start, its always Argentan, so that is different.

You traded oil with Romania and Bulgaria at the start. No Military Control?

yes, hopefully falling back to more defensible positions will help you, and so far it seems to have paid off. also, a nice encirclement in the west. even though it's one division, it's still one division less that you have to face.

hopefully you'll be able to drive back the Americans before it's too late!

Or Ike was quite too fast... or he has made a blunder...

Romanius - Thanks; the Soviets are definitely going to pass trough Winter 1944 almost undamaged, I think.

Remble - Thanks. No doubt you would like them :p Model will get his share of fun soon. Military Control is really difficult to obtain in this mod, as you need to pay some ~$15,000 to gain MC. Perhaps the Author wanted to recreate the economical and logistical difficulties of 'annexing' one nation's military, but then I shall point out that that amount of money is fairly the same for every country - and thus every kind of military size - and also, something I cannot understand, why annexing costs nothing then?

SouthCarolinian - I am actually try to encircle with several badly mauled divisions, which is not something I really like to do. I'd prefer having my entire West army in full shape before counter-attacking. Local counter-attacks are fine, though.

rcduggan - I am confident this will happen. If this were a human opponent, he would send tons of American divisions in France as soon as time would allow him. The AI rarely reinforces his beacheads, and D-Day makes no exception. It is still tough with the present set of divisions, though.

Fernando Torres, Kurt Steiner - The update covers your questions.

With that said: update.