• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Excellent AAR, you made a lot of progress since my last visit. Soviets are as good as gone, what will happen next? ;)

When you read this: Would you perhaps tell me exactly what I should do to destroy the Normandy landings? On the knowledge base it simply says "Pull all you forces together and attack" which I find is very useless as the Allies can easily keep pushing through your understrength low org divisions.

Austria Hungary - Thanks! More updates will come shortly hopefully.

darthkommandant - The Luftwaffe will play a role but it won't be the usual ground attack.

Enewald - Still they can afford the luxury to shoot their comrades?

Winner - There's a whole world to visit. Germany's on a world tour and it won't stop to Moscow for sure.

Rush - Reading it all comments included is quite a feat; thank you and welcome aboard.

RioBrancoBaron - Thank you. Enjoy your stay in this humble AAR :)

Austria Hungary - Although luck does play a small factor, in this mod you definitely have an advantage, in that your forces won't retreat hastily after three hours of combat as in vanilla, even with low org. Plus Paris is urban, while in Vanilla it isn't. So, as long as you redeploy your Luftwaffe to the West, protect your three paper Tank divisions, and move your divisions back to a manageable line - Paris within - you shouldn't have much trouble at containing them. Throwing them out of France is another story, though. Here the Luftwaffe is decisive.

Inner Circle - I don't know about the others, but change is a good thing sometimes.

Now, it looks like my ISP hasn't changed yet, yet I can access to the Internet now. Well, I will post updates till my connection lasts. This means, I will post an update tomorrow. Thanks for your patience fellow readers. Make it to 100k views! subtle propaganda yay

Cabinet Meeting November 1946

0000 November 1st 1946
Reichstag, Berlin

"I'm out of new greeting formulas to use today. So, Albert, please commence."

"Good day Martin. It's a boring month this one. Everything is fine except for Oil, which we never have enough."​

106-01-Production.jpg

"I mean, all I have to do is watch this panel thirty times a month and nothing happens. Not even the Allies are trying to bomb our industries anymore, even if the Luftwaffe is absent from Western Europe."

"Albert, production..."

"Ah yes, right. We are producing three Fighter squadrons due in December and two Nuclear Reactors, due in late February. Losses have been minimal this month, totalling around 30,000, while I hear the Soviets have lost another big chunk of their Army in Brest-Litovsk."

"Thirty-five divisions" Guderian answered, praising himself.

"Right about that Heinz. Are we going to stop our attacks now that Winter is upon us shortly?"

"Not at all Martin. They have so few troops we can continue even under adverse conditions. And we will."​

106-02-Odessa.jpg

"With the Brest-Litovsk pocket destroyed, its thirty-five Soviet divisions eliminated, the last bulwark of Soviet resistance is still situated in the Ukraine - what's left of it. We have already isolated the Soviet forces through a small corridor leading to the Black Sea; we are already pushing from the North, although snow and cold are already hampering our progress. Our main concern is Odessa; this is where they are being supplied, and this is where they will most likely dig in for their last attempt at survival. Which will fail, of course, but it will cost us some more Luftwaffe sorties and some more weeks."

"How many do you estimate?"

"By the start of December those Soviet forces you see in the map shouldn't exist anymore. Better, they shall become unpersons I say."

"Eh?"

"Uh, nothing. On a totally unrelated note, our Westwall is coming along nicely."​

106-03-WestWall.jpg

"Fifteen divisions covering the long coast of France. Still not nearly enough, but a good start if the Yanks want to pay a visit to Normandy or Pas-de-Calais once again. There's some more also covering Denmark."

"Why Garrison divisions? Couldn't we just train regular Infantry divisions?"

"House rules, sorry." Speer replied.

"Oh, I see. Curse the author of us little creatures without free will."

Suddenly, a man called Benito Mussolini bursted in the room with violent bootclicks, his hands on his ankles, a haughty face. And a very big jaw. Which began to move.

"HAH! You want your little infantry divisions... and me? Me, the man who deserves a portrait so big that my left nostril alone would fill the whole of Sicily, the rightful Emperor of Rome, the saviour of the masses, ME!, I am given this laughable, ridiculous fez and I am told to sit in a corner for the rest of my days. I could be the leader of Italy once again! But nooo, Germany is already powerful enough, we don't need allies... sheesh! I bet the author fears my infinite skills!"

"Mr. Modesty, no-one invited you in this room, and moreover no-one asked for your opinion in this matter. Could you please leave now? Pretty please? Many thanks, yes, that's the door..."

Two German guards 'persuaded' Mussolini to leave the room.

"... who was him, anyway?" Bormann asked.

"I don't know, some Italian guy who pretends to do stuff." Ringel replied.

"Well, so where were we before the interruption? Ah, I was about to ask Ernst about those lovely intelligence reports."

"I'm glad you asked. This month was a triumph."​

106-04-SOVEsp.jpg

"Twenty-six less divisions for a total of 121 divisions, only 5 being Armored. We know this is incorrect, as we destroyed thirty-five divisions in Brest-Litovsk alone, so it's even better than this. Most probably it is something over 100."

"And this month it definitely won't be over 100 anymore" Guderian snickered.

"Impressive, isn't it. They've also lost twelve factories, although their overall production has increased due to resources abundance. They have completed a new Air doctrine, perfectly mastered by our brave pilots decades ago."​

106-05-USEsp.jpg

"The US, it's the usual boring stuff. They boast to everyone they are the biggest and greatest nation on Earth, and then do absolutely nothing. They didn't complete a single research project this month."​

106-06-UKEsp.jpg

"The UK, unable to do anything original that is not taken from their bigger cousins, is sitting on her little island. They did complete a new Turbojet Fighter model, though, but that's the most relevant piece of news I could provide, I guess."

"Well, let's fight boredom this month, then. I have an idea about this... Albert? What was his name..."

"Whose name?"

"That fool who bursted in our room."

"Ah... Mussolini, I guess."

"Send him to Braunau-am-Inn. We've found a perfect playmate for Adolf."​

Last edited:
:rofl: :D

I see you're in a good mood ;)

You should disband some of your Tank divisions and make some Maus'

Also, do you have any plans on making a mobile defense force for France and Italy? Because otherwise you will see an invasion successful if they should try one again.

Well he has an armored division in paris and deippe. That could help in the defense, though some more infantry or militia could help shore up the defensive lines.

Haha! I can imagine Hitler and Musssolini playing in their room. Something along these lines:

Mussolini:
"You have to obey me Hitler I am the Caesar!"

Hitler:
"No you are not! I AM the Führer! You are just a half-witted fool!"

*Hitler and Mussolini start slapping each other

P.S.: Good update! I hope you have more of those coming. :D

Hmm...1984...as long as there isn't any thoughtcrime it should be alright. :D

A suggestion, to not get yourself overstretched you should stop your advance at the point of where the Bitter Peace would have fired.

A suggestion, to not get yourself overstretched you should stop your advance at the point of where the Bitter Peace would have fired.

"Total victory is of course the way to go. Those silly Americans are just facing the easy part now."

He said he was going for it

Winner, Rush, balkanite - Sometimes a bit of flavour and nonsense is good in a too serious AAR :)

Austria Hungary, darthkommandant - I'm trying to stick to as few mobile forces as possible. If another Allied landing has to happen, I want it to be difficult to push them out of the sea. So my plan is just setting up a mediocre defensive line in France and Italy, just enough to scare one-division landings away, but not enough to repel a serious operation (as to how likely is that a 'serious' operation would happen, alas, the answer we know it).

RioBranco Baron - Nah, Adolf will likely worship Mussolini, as he sort of did in RL. Or maybe not :) 'Different' updates like this will always come in an irregular order sooner or later.

ColossusCrusher - Too easy a reference, eh. Thoughtcrime? After WC, perhaps, a partisan division with 1 strenght called Winston Smith will rebel in Airstrip One--er, I mean London. Then Room 101 quickly destroys it.

Enewald - As Mussolini was still alive in the final stages of his ill-fated Repubblica Sociale Italiana, afterall the Germans would decide to spare him even if he proved to be totally uncapable of defending, in the following order: a pile of mountains in Ethiopia, an enormous desert box in Libya, a giant boot.
The Allies are on the other side of the Soviet Union, so they can't expect any contact from me for the time being. The Soviets are pretty much doomed.

Austria Hungary, Mozla - Indeed not only Total victory, but perhaps World Conquest is my final aim. So of course this means no crippled prisoners or the like during the course.

Short update.