• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 8 (February 8409 - March 8410 ) : Kingdom prevails
  • Chapter 8
    February 8409 - March 8410
    Kingdom prevails

While the Lord Paramounts were surprisingly timorous with the new pretender, as nobody of them joined Laena, and the crown could count on the Vale, Dorne and Stepstones's support, once again, the perfidious Lord Rosby of the same name's duchy sided with the pretender. This time, sweared Jaenar, he wouldn't let him go without a punishment for his constant insubordination.

Murders roamed inside the Red Keep too.
    While Jaenar was besieging Rayonet, the independance's leader's keep, a messenger tells to him that one of his wives murdered his youngest son, Baethon, of 8 months old.
    Ruthless as always, Jaenar had her executed.

By June 8409, Highgarden, then Rayonet fell. Even if nobody of importance were catch in Highgarden, and only leader's family was imprisoned in Rayonet, Jaenar, bloodthirsty, had them executed, their bodies hanged out on the walls of the castle.

Though Estalia Oakheart was still nowhere to be found, the king was now disposing of the Reach's troops, or what was left of it. Nothing less than 16 thousands new soldiers for facing the pretender and her supporters !

For the first time since too many years, Jaenar was tasting the savour of victory. It felt good.
    The Crownlanders rebels were executed or sent to the Wall. Rayonet fell in the hands of the Targaryens, meanwhile Wend, now ruled by a one year old boy, choose once again to rebel, this time for the pretender Laena.
    Estalia Oakheart of the Reach lost her title in favour of her daughter Cindra*, which wedded Jaenar in a matrilineal marriage.
    From now, the former Lady Paramount of the Reach is rotting in the king's oubliettes, and her grandson Jacaerys Targaryen shall inherit of her Ring's territories.

* Little console code use here. I didn't wanted to let the Reach fell in the hands of the Targaryens, as Estalia first sons were from my dynasty. I gave the county and duchy of Highgarden to Cindra by console (gave_title), then gave her the Reach's kingdom as I already took it from Estalia.

Thanks to Cindra's good will, the king managed to levy nearly 70 thousands more Reachmen. With more than a hundred thousands soldiers, the king's victory seemed to be only a matter of time.
    The Rosby's army was swiftly crushed in Sow's Horn, saving the Targaryen family resident in the castle, while the main Laena's army was still in her ships, bypassing Dornish coasts.

Just as planned, Laena's forces rushed to King's Landing. 15 thousands ragged warriors besieging the 6 thousands defenders of the Red Keep. Just as few years ago, it would have been a force enough to crushed the Crown's army.
    But this day no more. The king had forecasted the destination of Laena's fleet to King's Landing, and thus placed the massive Reach's army around, in a mortal trap.

A miracle would have been needed to save the rebels from the Reach's flood.
    The war was won, but the king had other plans in his head. He had to dealt with the treacherous lords of Wend and Rosby.
    And they were. The two fell in the hands of the king after the peace's treaty, while Laena rotted in the king's cells.
    Though the Mountains Men were still besieging the Eyrie, Jaenar was absolutely not planning giving any help to the Vale, who betrayed him way too many. In fact, some Wildlings Vassals could be more loyals than the actual owners of the Vale...

The 14 March 8410 was finally the of peace within the kingdom. With the Vale and Stepstones occupied with their own wars, the North, the Westerlands and the Trident ruled by young boys, an incredibly loyal Reach and the rest of the Lord Paramounts forced to follow the move, the kingdom seemed to be, finally, in a period of peaceful so much eagerly awaited by the population. After 10 years of madness, the kingdom was finally stable.

The End
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait... The End ? After 8 chapters ?
    Yep. Let me explain why :
    - It was a first try in AAR, to discover how it works, and I'm fully satisfied in my discovery of this exercise
    - I'll not have in the next weeks and months time as much as today, and as AAR's take a lot of time, I prefer stop here...
    - ... Especially as I can see that on this forum, readers prefer having a finished AAR than an unfinished one, and I can understand why, so that now I have some sort of happy end, I'll jump on it. My main goal of this AAR was to show you the world I had on this game, and make some nice story with it, and I prefer a short and defined one than a long and "unlimited" tale

So from now, consider this AAR done. I'll continue on my side to play, and maybe one day, you never know, I'll make a new AAR a few centuries later than this one, eh !
    Anyway, those 10 years were the hardest I had on this game in a century, the fact I was way too invested into roleplaying a mad and tyrant king shouldn't help out...
    For fun fact, Orys is actually in Night's Watch with his dragon Stormcloud, now 17 years strong, actually preparing for the future invasion of the new King Beyond the Wall that shall surely attacks in some months, as he's actually busy uniting the Wildlings.
    Oh, and Jaenar, as Arthur Martell's grandson, is the heir of Dorne.
    Now, I have to clean all this bordergore. Ugh...

And as a final word, thank you, you, the readers who took the time to read my story despite my... questionable english, that surely not put my AAR in the greatest of this forum !