• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably me being paranoid, but who has the authority to delete threads entirely without reason?

I merged your first thread with this one (you can find your post as #52 here).

What do you mean?
There you can find about the principles we developed DH around. Compatibility with existing mods and expanded moddability to name 2 of them.

Probably me being paranoid, but who has the authority to delete threads entirely without reason?
I don't have the authority to do that, but I can see the reason. You started a useless (please don't take offense) thread just to ask a question that has already been answered at least 3 or 4 times in different threads of this forum. :)

I don't have the authority to do that, but I can see the reason. You started a useless (please don't take offense) thread just to ask a question that has already been answered at least 3 or 4 times in different threads of this forum. :)

Useless I agree with :( It seems that it's too late (if there ever was a time) for the two developments and one game to work together. :( I'll just stick with AoD because otherwise, like others have said, if I buy the new game then play it, I'll miss features from AoD, but if I go on AoD, I'll miss the new features on DH or IC. *Sigh*

Useless I agree with :( It seems that it's too late (if there ever was a time) for the two developments and one game to work together. :( I'll just stick with AoD because otherwise, like others have said, if I buy the new game then play it, I'll miss features from AoD, but if I go on AoD, I'll miss the new features on DH or IC. *Sigh*

But both of them should be a lot of fun

But both of them should be a lot of fun

Yeah but similar fun with each game having a tiny advantage over the other, DH + IC + AoD would = awesomeness! :D

Complaining about the very existence of the game does not make much (/any) sense.
At least wait for the game to be released to criticize it and compare it with others.. And don't expect the developers to comment such comparisons.
Now back to development please.
Next dev diary will be about MAPS.

Complaining about the very existence of the game does not make much (/any) sense.
At least wait for the game to be released to criticize it and compare it with others.. And don't expect the developers to comment such comparisons.
The release date is not that far away, so this piece of advice is valid IMO.

Will you show us maps from various scenarios in the next DD?

@ Fernando Torres,

a quick OT question, just to avoid too early forum overcrowding ;) : did you change normal HoI2's model structure (e.g. 0_1 = infantry '36, 12_2 = fighter III etc.)? I'm afraid of a "yes", since then many modders would have loads of work to dispatch in order to convert their icons to DH... :(

How "many modders would have loads of work to dispatch in order to convert their icons to DH" can be valid for a game that claims high compatibility with existing mods? ;)
Ok, ok, I trust you ;) . The fact is that, if the game allows to play WW1 as well, I guess the standard model structure has been modified to add e.g. inf '14, inf '16 and so on... hence my doubt and my fear.

Ok ok, I'll just stick with AoD rather then listen to developers constantly criticise me for making a valid point. I guess its the NDAs that stop developers telling me why there's three different yet very similar games. They're more like 3 different mods.

Ok ok, I'll just stick with AoD rather then listen to developers constantly criticise me for making a valid point. I guess its the NDAs that stop developers telling me why there's three different yet very similar games.
Two at the most. Iron Cross is an expansion, remember?
I'm not certain AOD and DH are really very similar... I grant that without the NDAs resulting in the teams working in parallel for quite a while things might have been different in a not entirely negative way, but as it stands, we can already - without DH actually being released, or all that much information given out about it - cite several differences of varying impact between AOD and DH...

Two at the most. Iron Cross is an expansion, remember?
I'm not certain AOD and DH are really very similar... I grant that without the NDAs resulting in the teams working in parallel for quite a while things might have been different in a not entirely negative way, but as it stands, we can already - without DH actually being released, or all that much information given out about it - cite several differences of varying impact between AOD and DH...

Yeah but it's been stated that DH is "a continuation of the 1.3 patch for Armageddon" meaning that all the new things AoD had (compared to HOI2) won't be in DH, meaning for many AoD players it might be considered a downgrade. If the two groups worked side by side, probably not as one group due to the time that has been spent on the two developments, both games could be great.

Yeah but it's been stated that DH is "a continuation of the 1.3 patch for Armageddon" meaning that all the new things AoD had (compared to HOI2) won't be in DH, meaning for many AoD players it might be considered a downgrade. If the two groups worked side by side, probably not as one group due to the time that has been spent on the two developments, both games could be grea
You don't know what DH will or will not have...

You don't know what DH will or will not have...
I know, but if DH is basically an extension to HOI2 Arma 1.3 and there's been a *radio silence* been the DH and AoD developers, then the perks AoD had compared to HOI2 might not be in DH, and that could be considered a downgrade.

It depends. They may include alternative versions of AOD's features. Besides, it's not that DH devs didn't at least look at AOD and AOD wasn't released yesterday.

I also think that cooperation would be a good thing, but a merge is s-f, really. It's too late for such move.

It depends. They may include alternative versions of AOD's features. Besides, it's not that DH devs didn't at least look at AOD and AOD wasn't released yesterday.

I also think that cooperation would be a good thing, but a merge is s-f, really. It's too late for such move.

s-f means? And I concede that co-operation is more "pragmatic" then merging due to certain circumstances, including the time factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.