Darkest Hour save problem

• Hearts of Iron IV Survey

Help us make HoI IV better by sharing your experiences in this 5 minute survey

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Honowersse

Recruit
Mar 20, 2021
I wanted to start playing strategy games first time and yesterday i bought Darkest Hour. I started a scenario and played around 1 hour. I saved and quitted from the game. today i wanted to play a little more and tried to open my save game in menu screen but nothing is happening i double-clicked the save game file but it's not working. So my question is how do i open my save games please help.

deadmanhope

Second Lieutenant
16 Badges
Mar 22, 2005
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Iron Cross
  • March of the Eagles
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
did you also click the nation you want to play...including clicking on the nation that you were playing and want to resume playing?

• 1Like
Reactions:

Honowersse

Recruit
Mar 20, 2021
did you also click the nation you want to play...including clicking on the nation that you were playing and want to resume playing?
Oooh it worked!! Thanks dude you are my hero :) Also can i play with the other nations in the same game file with this nation select thing?

Pasha

Field Marshal
2 Badges
May 26, 2005
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
Oooh it worked!! Thanks dude you are my hero :) Also can i play with the other nations in the same game file with this nation select thing?
Yes you can. And you may have already discovered this, but if you right click on any flag, a drop down menu of every nation existing at that time will appear so you can play those nations too.

• 1Like
Reactions:

deadmanhope

Second Lieutenant
16 Badges
Mar 22, 2005
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Iron Cross
  • March of the Eagles
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
glad it was a simple learning issue and not a game issue....there be a lot of things to learn...have fun

• 1Like
Reactions: