• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wrote this post some time ago in the suggestions thread, dunno if it would be possible
Even the images are rudimentary, I think the idea is clear.

Would be possible to use different pics for a same province? I mean load one random on each province click

A very interesting thing for modding, would be the folllowing commands:
"transfer_unit"
-unit transfered from one country to another, it could be by name or unit id
-variations could be done with transfer_navy, transfer_airforce and transfer_army to do it with the whole nation army
"upgrade_unit"
-change unit type, very usefull for example for SS divisions historical template changes
"rename-unit"
-while no affecting the gameplay, it's good for historicity and inmersion, like for example the naval change names for the República and Libertad cruisers to Navarra and Galicia

I'm not sure if this is present or not atm, but I think naval forces go to the alliance leader in annexation, while imagine someone is a puppet state. Naval forces should go to the master.

And to finish, just a question that I'm not sure now.
Can you use specific pics for sea provinces too?

Last edited:
Another thing I forgot.

Would be possible that the AI does not auto-upgrade already building units? This is specially annoying for ships

Since 1.06 is no longer an unattainable target, I have a proposal to move sea zone adjacent (aka straits definition) from the code to the provinces textfile. Although it doesn't matter in vanilla and in DH map, it may be useful for other mapmods (like E3FN), where the province with the special order of passage is not in the Bosphorus.

Reactions:
Still no STEAM version online, or am I doing something wrong in steam?

Any time frame when a steam version might come online finally?

EDIT: It seems that just running the patch exe - update the executable located in the steam folder, which the patch executable correctly identifies.
Steam, also does not seem to revert it back.
You can check yourself:
When you right click Darkest hour.exe located in your steamfolder (in my case this was \Steam\SteamApps\common\Darkest Hour A HOI Game ) it shows under properties => details => Version info 1.05.1
After running the patch it reads => version info 1.05.2

HOWEVER, the Steam-Launcher still thinks the game version is 1.05.1, yet once you start the game it shows 1.05.2 in-game.

Additionally, it seems steam does not convert the game exe back (keeps 1.05.2))

Hope this info helps someone.

Last edited:
OK, have to bring up this question again:

As posted before I took the following steps, because in STEAM there seems that no automatic update to 1.05.2 happens.

So I did:
1.) download the patch executable from here:
2.) Run it
3.) started the STEAM DH launcher and it still displays 1.05.1 (see image)
4.) However, when starting the game now, it displays in-game v1.05.2 ?!?
(so it seems the patch was applied ?)

Patched_or_Not.png

Though, when looking through the forum I noticed that there are screenshots like this:
Where the current game version is correctly visualized as 1.05.2 within the launcher???

So, I wanted to ask whether the patching really went into effect correctly or why the launcher still displays 1.05.1, despite it seems it can correctly show 1.05.2 for other people?

The version shown in game launcher is read from a registry key which is set on game installation and updated by patches. Somehow the reg. key update either failed for you or Steam reverted it back to 1.05.1. You can try to reinstall the 1.05.2 patch and see if that fixes the version displayed by the launcher.

Reactions:
3.) started the STEAM DH launcher and it still displays 1.05.1 (see image)
Just to make sure Steam isn't updating/correcting your files backwards to 1.05.1 it might be helpful not to start DH within Steam but circumvate Steam by
a) not starting Steam (or if it autostarts to "exit Steam")
b) Updating DH
c) and then regularly starting the DH launcher directly or to make a shortcut to:
...\Darkest Hour\Darkest Hour Launcher.exe
which should be found at wherever your Steam directory is:
..\steamapps\common\Darkest Hour\Darkest Hour Launcher.exe

Alternatively it might be prudent to find the steam-option to NOT update specific games but I am not very familiar with Steam, so I can't help you where to find this exactly.

PS: And yes, it might be helpful to also update the "News and Links" section of the DH launcher in the next patch, as of now it still proudly announces Patch 1.04.

Last edited:
Reactions:
No. I don't think Steam reverts ANY file back (at least it does not show any downloads).
This is the file info from explorer from within the Steam-directory
DH_Exe_Properties.png

It appears as if the launcher does not "update" the game version info displayed.

The above screenshot shows how it report the game version - in game AFTER launching it via the launcher which tells me that the game is 1.05.1.
Switching language to english does not change anything.

This is the STEAM-Info screen with "Keep game always updated" set active ( German: "Spiel immer aktuell halten").
Steam_Info.png

As I wrote - the ingame screen AFTER launching from the launcher which reads v1.05.1 shows v1.05.2 (KVZZ).
The darkest hour.exe propertis => Details screen also reads v.1.05.2 (which I believe should be the same as the in-game shown attribute?)

The version shown in game launcher is read from a registry key which is set on game installation and updated by patches. Somehow the reg. key update either failed for you or Steam reverted it back to 1.05.1. You can try to reinstall the 1.05.2 patch and see if that fixes the version displayed by the launcher.

Would it be wise to manually check that registry key setting? Perhaps change it even?

The launcher NEVER shows v1.05.1 even when freshly starting it after installing the patch.

As I posted earlier - STEAM does not install the patch automatically. ONLY by downloading the exe from here and running the patch manually it seems it applies it, yet the launcher is not "correctly" displaying the game version.

Well I repurchased the game from Steam and it still shows 1.05.1. I also patched an Amazon 1.0 version to 1.05.1 . Downloaded the 1.05 .2 patch, tried to run it could not got an error message saying that it needed an app from the Microsoft store. Running Windows 11 Pro here

Hi Joe,

as I explained just a few posts above. In the Steam version it seems the patch is applied correctly, but the launcher does not display the update version info. ONLY when actually running the game it is displayed in the upper right corner. See here:

Check if in your steam version the IN-GAME info reads 1.05.2 AFTER you have run the patch executable.
The info in the launcher is apparently NOT correct (not updated by the patcher). But that is negligible as the game exe is correctly v1.05.2 (at least from my understanding of the replies to my post above).

@Wide Boy: Interesting. Do you launch the launcher from within Steam or directly from the \\steamapps\\... folder?

What does the ingame screen (upper right corner show)?

I can confirm that MY steam does not roll back the GAME version, nor does it alter/replace the patched executable. (as the in-game shown version reads v1.05.2)
Only the launcher displayed version is incorrect, after applying the patch.