• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MartinBG

Darkest Hour Developer
2 Badges
Nov 16, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Hello everyone,

Thanks to your reports after the release of Patch 1.05 we were able to identify two issues introduced by the patch:

1. Fixed air and naval units mission cancellation on auto-retreat from combat – 1.05 bug

2. Fixed issues with wrong over command penalty applied in some situations, like when unit on Anti-partisan mission attacks partisans and gets the penalty once it arrives to the rebelled province - 1.05 bug

As you can see, both issues could be game breakers or very irritating at least, so we decided to release an EXE only patch, aimed at addressing those.

Please note that this patch should be installed only over a fully patched to 1.05 version of Darkest Hour

Check-sums should remain unchanged from 1.05:
KVZZ - Darkest Hour Full
TENE - Darkest Hour Light
LNIC - No mods (Darkest Hour Core)

To install: download attached ZIP file, extract patch installer (Darkest Hour Unified Patch 1.05.1 Hot-Fix.exe) and run it. It should find your game and update the Darkest Hour.exe file.
On success you'll see the game version changed from 1.05 to 1.05.1

Have fun! :)

EDIT (20.06.2019)
Update for Steam users
Patch 1.05.1 is now the default game version on Steam. You can go back to 1.04 (or older versions) from the Beta tab

EDIT #2 (31.07.2019)
Update for GOG users
Default DH version on GOG is now at 1.05.1 and is available in both Galaxy and as offline installer.

Attachments

• Darkest Hour Unified Patch 1.05.1 Hot-Fix.zip
    1,8 MB · Views: 35.715
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
So, I wasn't hallucinating when I saw a weird over command max penalty for my units.

Guys, my antivirus (Panda Protection) considered it a suspicious file.
I had tell my anti-virus it was a trusted file or it would't let me run it.

Anyone else getting false positives?

Dont know why, but when I start Darkes Hour launcher in steam, I must always install patch 1.5, do you know why?
Probably because you have not properly selected patch 1.5.1 as beta patch in Steam properties.

Could you tell me how can i update this on steam?Because the installer can't find my darkest hour directory?
For Steam users version 1.05.1 is available through the Beta tab.

To switch to any of those, open your steam library.
Find "Darkest Hour a Heart of Iron Game" in the list of your games, then right click on it and select "Properties".
In the Properties, select the Beta tab and from there you can select 1.02 - Darkest Hour 1.02, 1.03 - Darkest Hour 1.03, 1.05 - Darkest Hour 1.05 or 1.05.1 - Darkest Hour 1.05.1

My wifi is broken somehow on my laptop and I only have 1.05 on Steam. Would I have problems putting the 1.05.1 hotfix from the download here over that, or should I try to get it through Steam? Thank you!

After I installed everything correct I ran the game. I selected a scenario and a nation. Then the loading bar appears and when the game starts it always crashes once I move the cursor/mouse out from that chat at the bottom of the screen. Any help?

After I installed everything correct I ran the game. I selected a scenario and a nation. Then the loading bar appears and when the game starts it always crashes once I move the cursor/mouse out from that chat at the bottom of the screen. Any help?
What is the checksum for DHFull? Are you using a mod? Are you alt-tabbing away while the game is loading?
EDIT: does this happen only with 1.05/1.05.1 or even with previous patches?

Hi!
I cant install this hotfix. It says I have incorrect version(1.04) although i've installed patch 1.05. In launcher menu it shows 1.04 version but in game it shows 1.05 version with checksum KVZZ

Hi!
I cant install this hotfix. It says I have incorrect version(1.04) although i've installed patch 1.05. In launcher menu it shows 1.04 version but in game it shows 1.05 version with checksum KVZZ
Are you sure you don't have multiple installations of the game?