• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings,

Having problems getting the patch.... The link here works but once downloaded it says the file is corrupted! I tried from other sites "gamers front" and others I forgot the name and the same thing happens...

Iam a newbi to HoI and aim really enjoying it and having fun with the learning curve, so much that I bought HoI 3 from Steam (dont like the Steam app and will buy another dl copy). But as a newbi, I wanna be sure the games are running right and aim not fighting or encounter a bug somewhere beacuse as a newbi I would not be able to Identify it, Iam sure you all understand that.

Is there a way to manualy patch DH by copying and pasting the code somewhere? or can you explain how to? Or I can just wait till the patch is patched full in the near future.

Thanks Paradox and thanks to the mod team for the making of DH. I think its a very cool Idea to let modders put out a game of there own under a flagship like HoI, thats great work and fine comercial politics! At least from a outsiders view :cool:

Any help regarding the patch is welcome, thank you.

Care,

Red2112

Please try downloading it again, it's a big file and it requires some time. Also, this is the final patch 1.02, it's not a beta.

If you have bought the game from Gamersgate, you can try to download the game again from GG and re-install it as it already contains the 1.02 patch. I don't know about Steam.

The patch should be available from the place you bought the game (Steam uses own patch system) and I would recommend you to get it from there.
Some stores (GamersGate for sure) even have the game patched to 1.02.
If you still have problems running the patch installer I would recommend you to try download from / install to another computer as those kind of errors you have could be caused by hardware issues too.

Hi,

Thanks both for the prompt reply, very kind of you.

I bought them through a online store which is powerd by Nextway in a DDL format and they are not supporting patching from what I see. The same thing is going on with my HOI3 patching, Iam stuck at 1.2. With HOI3 from Steam (deal) I think it was already patched to 1.4 but wanted a standalone copy.

For some reason all application downloads seem to get over currupted on my end, so Iam asuming that it has to do with my pc. Thank you any how folks.

Best,

Red

The patch is on an FTP server, perhaps that's your problem. Try looking for programs that help you in downloading from ftp server, I'm sure there are a tons of them around.

Hi AC,

Thanks for the idea AC, yeah that might be it...

Have a FTP client installed (FileZilla) and logging into: ftp.paradoxplaza.com Iam using my forum username and password but cannot login, didnt even worry about what port to use so set on auto. At first it asked me to use my e-mail as username or password cant remember which one.

I updated my system yesterday with the recent "netframe" updates and still no joy.

Still trying...

Thanks AC!

Care,
Red...out

Can you please tell us how you did that? It may help others if it happens for them too. :)

Sure, all though there might be other factors that were involved but apart from updates all I did was put in a new video card (Zotec gForce GT 440 1gb DDR3). My old card is/was a Zotec gForce 8400 GS 512mb DDR2.

All I can say is since the video card swap I can now download without errors on my end. Not much help but its something...

Best,

Red

I've been puttering around with the latest patch with Japan, and while kudos on adding in China-Nanjing with functional ministers, leaders and so on, they are spectacularly useless.

It may be that my install is borked, but they can only have 3IC and have ~35 dissent, and no way to reduce it, as the AI prioritizes supplies with its impressive IC total. They usually collapse, even with me putting my entire army in-country to try and stabilize it, resulting in Communist and Nationalist China re-emerging, making the whole point of the war between China and Japan rather moot. The only mods I have is AAR and Francesco's Models, neither of which do anything to the China-Nanjing files, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on with them.

I made some stuff about China-Nanjing you can have it if you like.

is there another place to download the 1.02 patch from? this is slow as heck... usually i dl files at around 4 mb/s this feels like i'm back on a 56k modem im getting speeds like 10 k/s... really annoying...

GFM

I recently bought the game, but I am having problems downloading the patch. The download get aborted in the middle because it "can't read the source file". I have had issues downloading from the Paradox site before.