• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Haven't played HOII in a while and was disappointed in HOIII and got DH on a whim. Have to say the manual is fantastic. Really great design and easy to read. The game looks great as well. Still have to play it yet. Just wanted to add my appreciation!

Haven't played HOII in a while and was disappointed in HOIII and got DH on a whim. Have to say the manual is fantastic. Really great design and easy to read. The game looks great as well. Still have to play it yet. Just wanted to add my appreciation!

Can you give me that in writing... I'll put it up on my wall...

Well having just purchased Darkest Hour today,I have to add my congrats to all who contributed to the manual,it is a brilliant professional piece of work,many thanks I'm sure it will ease the process for me to learn the game in greater detail.

Small amendment needed to p.123, "A field command that is operating as a reserve will wait until any province that it is adjacent to is attacked, and then immediately march to support it. It does so at its regular rate of movement, however, so it will take longer to get there."

defined misc.txt

Code:
# _MISSION_SUPPORT_DEFENSE_
	1 	# 0 = disabled by default, 1 = enabled by default
	1.0	# Starting missions efficiency. Valid values: 0.05 to 10.0
	0.5	# Speed bonus: (Move time * This / mission_efficiency). Lower the better
# _MISSION_RESERVES_
	1 	# 0 = disabled by default, 1 = enabled by default
	1.0	# Starting missions efficiency. Valid values: 0.05 to 10.0
	0.5	# Speed bonus: (Move time * This / mission_efficiency). Lower the better

While I'm here I'd like to add my congratulations on the quality of the manual. In layout and clarity of content it's so far ahead of the native HoI equivalents it's not funny.

Splendid work indeed. Will this manual be updated according to patch 1.3? Can't say it is totally transparent from what I've seen so far. An example: manual says a Major General can command 1 div, as usual in HOI games, but in DH patch 1.3 he can controll 3 divisions. Which I personally prefer:rolleyes: What says the judge?

Yours

Last edited:
I was once at a Gamestop buying a present for a friend of mine and I saw this,
COD Black Ops Manual : 20 USD
So out of pure wonder I looked at it. It was lore and how great the poorly made maps were.
And people were buying this!
now we have the Darkest Hour Manuel, full of facts and cool tips. and its free.

I solute you darkest hour team.