• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LiamRiordan

The Rambling KR Player
70 Badges
Aug 4, 2008
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Semper Fi
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Dungeonland
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
This is VERY overdue, but I've finally managed with a bit of help here and there, to fix and code the Event Cheats to work with the game's latest patch and I think all the names and descriptions are working properly! Finally. :blush: This had added a new and necessary installation step since I've always wanted to make the cheats as simple as possible for installation. However, they're done, at last and here they are.

NOTE When installing the cheat lines into the extra_text or event_text as noted in the README, EITHER text file will work. I have had no issues when placing the cheats into either the extra, or normal event_text documents. If you feel that the instructions are incorrect, utilize some initiative until I get around to rewriting it, it was correct at time of writing which was A VERY long time ago.

Event Cheats 0.9.71 (hotfix) - Download links

I've tested these under Kaiserreich 1.4 BETA 1 and DH Full 1.3 RC3. If you see bugs tell me, I'll try to list them and deal with them. To get the text in place, copy my extra_text code FROM the file, to the mod's config version, ABOVE the last line that's got #EOF;;;;;;;;;;;X. Don't paste FILE, just paste the TEXT into the game file. I hope I don't get flooded with mail (again)... And paste the cheat files themselves in the usual manner.

Known bugs
  • Text commands not linking properly, no idea why in DH Full scenario (HELP!). Working as intended on other mods like KR.
  • Secret weapons not fully unlocking as intended.
  • Rocket Interceptor '43 not unlocking
  • Some standard blueprints, namely early CAS in 1910 era not getting blueprints
  • Report as they pop up!

Screenshots!

du8s.jpg

Again, sorry they're late! Help me stomp bugs and enemies with these cheats! :D

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Where is your version of the extra_text file/code? I'm not getting it. I found the games version, but where is yours? Im confused.
Thx for any help!

EDIT: are you refering to events.txt?

EDIT II: NVM I got it to work.

Nice job!
Cheers!

Last edited:
I need some help in installation. The readme says to install the text from "extra_text" into the "extra_texts" file in the CONFIG folder using Notepad. But!

1. There is no file in the download called "extra_text" - it's called "event_text"

2. The file in the CONFIG folder called "extra_text" is a CSV (spreadsheet) file. Do I paste the text in it? Usng Notepad or Excel?

3. Or do I put it in the "event_text" file?

Open event_text.txt (I recommend notepad+, but anything will do)
Add these 3 lines at the end of the file:
Code:
#EOF;;;;;;;;;;;X
#EOF;;;;;;;;;;;X
Yes, the blank line at the end is important

Rename the file to "extra_text.csv" (Or to "whatever_you_want.csv". If you can't see the .txt extension in first place: use save as, change type to all files and finally rename it.)
Put it in the config folder.

There you go.

EDIT: BTW, in line 653 there is a badly placed "

I got annoyed with the large amount of clicking to get some insane bonuses like 10K+ research speed so I made an EXTREEEMMEE version. Just click on the Activate Extreme Cheats and hey presto! I built it for Cold War Tech Tree mod though. Interested?

I got annoyed with the large amount of clicking to get some insane bonuses like 10K+ research speed so I made an EXTREEEMMEE version. Just click on the Activate Extreme Cheats and hey presto! I built it for Cold War Tech Tree mod though. Interested?

:') yes yes and YES !

is it possible to make a cheat that grants you all the tech instead of just the blueprints?
Not possible, the only way to give full blueprints is to go into a save, or scenario file, and edit a nation's technology section, to have all techs unlocked. But if you do that to a scenario, if the AI loads it up, that will have all techs. These cheats should be more considered as modifiers as opposed to unlockers.

Not possible, the only way to give full blueprints is to go into a save, or scenario file, and edit a nation's technology section, to have all techs unlocked. But if you do that to a scenario, if the AI loads it up, that will have all techs. These cheats should be more considered as modifiers as opposed to unlockers.

Will we ever be seeing a Modern Day Scenario version of DHEC? I would look forward to giving that mod a few games in 'Cheat Mode'.

Ah thanks, I already do the save editing, I was just hoping there would be an easier way.

Ah thanks, I already do the save editing, I was just hoping there would be an easier way.
You could just type tech X in the console, with X being the id of the tech in question. Personally, I think that is easier to just set your research speed to something stupidly high (a billion or so), even when the minimum time per tech is 5 days (or 1 day per field).