• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can't understand this (from the DHEC 0.9.7 README):

Go into the config folder of the mod, not the game, usually found here "E:\Games\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\config", open the file called "extra_text" with notepad
Now open the cheats file called extra_text in notepad also, select all of the CHEAT text with Ctrl+A and copy it. Now go into the GAME version of extra_test and scroll all
the way to the bottom of the file, you should see a line with this "#EOF;;;;;;;;;;;X". Paste the cheat code ABOVE that line, this is crucial for the cheat text to work.

There is no "extra_text" in the DHEC 0.9.7 cheats files! Do you mean "event_text"?

Can anyone clarify [I mean really clearly, assuming I'm the stupidest person on the planet] these instructions for me please?

Thanks!

Go into the config folder of the mod, not the game, usually found here "E:\Games\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\config", open the file called "extra_text" with notepad
Now open the cheats file called extra_text in notepad also, select all of the CHEAT text with Ctrl+A and copy it. Now go into the GAME version of extra_test and scroll all
the way to the bottom of the file, you should see a line with this "#EOF;;;;;;;;;;;X". Paste the cheat code ABOVE that line, this is crucial for the cheat text to work.

There is no "extra_text" in the DHEC 0.9.7 cheats files! Do you mean "event_text"?

Can anyone clarify [I mean really clearly, assuming I'm the stupidest person on the planet] these instructions for me please?

Thanks!

i had the same issue. I assume event_text is what we need to copy from. either way I couldn't get it to work. is there something that has to be done to activate the cheats once you follow the instructions? i do notice that the #EOF;;;;;;;;;;;X in my file is kinda split up into multiple lines! hehe

thanks!

Thanks!

i had the same issue. I assume event_text is what we need to copy from. either way I couldn't get it to work. is there something that has to be done to activate the cheats once you follow the instructions? i do notice that the #EOF;;;;;;;;;;;X in my file is kinda split up into multiple lines! hehe

Which one? there is two event_text files....\config and \mods\darkest hour full\config? Both of these files incidentally, has the last three rows as

#EOF;;;;;;;;;;;X
#EOF;;;;;;;;;;;X
[blank row]

I don't understand the instructions; so could someone please assist gord96 and I?

Thanks

i also have the issue. i do what is said in readme (obviously there is no extra_text in the cheatfiles), but the cheats simply don't appear. this used to work fine!

are you adding the events into the event.txt in db?

like this:
event = "db\events\cheats.txt"
event = "db\events\DHFBlueprints.txt"

Also the 1914 scenario uses the 1914_events.txt instead.

REPEAT POST (see post #41)

Thanks!

REPEAT POST (see post #41)

Thanks!

Yes, he meant "event_text."

Could you add a manpower cheat for next version? Something like +100, +250,+500 MP would be fine IMO. Sometimes you just want a bit of manpower to build a pre-war army without using the OP console command which gives way too much MP. Thanks for the mod btw.

anyone get this mod to work? i kinda gave up but playing a game where I wouldn't mind using it. My issue is nothing shows up under decisions. So no way to activate the cheats. Using KR, I followed the instructions. Put the txt files in the appropriate place and added the lines to the KR events file. Then i copy and pasted the text from the cheat file to the extra_text file above the last line. No luck.

My only thought is when I edit the text file the final line looks like;

#EOF;;;;;;;;;;;;
#EOF;;;;;;;;;;;;
;;;;;;;;;;;X,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,;
;;;;;;;;;;;x,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,;

instead of just #EOF;;;;;;;;;;;X

not sure if that would cause a problem.

Thanks!

EDIT: haha ok i figured it out. I had to start a new campaign. I was checking by just loading old saves.

Last edited:
PROBLEM.

When I try to play in DH Lite, everything works fine...

...except for the fast production cheats. For example, when I try to click on button to increase infantry production speed, it crashes the game.

This happens for all the production cheats.

I'm getting the same problem, but I'm using Darkest Hour Full and it crashes to desktop when I try to select one of the buttons in the Increase Infantry Production Speed screen.

Has anyone been able to install the cheat mod for Total Realism Project yet?

I've followed the instructions in the readme and changed " event = "scenarios\events\Cheats.txt" " to " event = "scenarios\1936\events\Cheats.txt" " but I keep getting a critical error saying: "1 error(s) found in external file (scenario, ai, etc) please check savedebug.txt for details."
Well, what does savedebug.txt say?

The events are randomly firing off for me now and I don't know why. Also can somebody help me with the Unit Production Speed crash because it's getting annoying.

This is all I'm getting from the Savedebug:
Event number 2108007 maybe lost !

Event number 2108006 maybe lost !

Event number 2108003 maybe lost !

Event number 2107001 maybe lost !

Event number 2108009 maybe lost !

Event number 2107002 maybe lost !

Event number 2108001 maybe lost !

Last edited:
hi, well i tried 5 different ways to get 0.9.7 to work in the latest version of e3 mod "Dh-E3Map v0.92" and i'm always getting the massive errors click" ignore" button but the mod never come up.

Hopefully Liam can gain access to Dh sometime soon to investigate this and possibly streamline the new cheats mod so we don't have to try to understand and implement the mind blowing last instruction about copy&paste the cheat text into the extra file and making sure the EOF+blank lines are where they should be.

See i did this stuff so many times i memorized the instruction in summary.

I really love the way the cheats mod allows us to modify the game play in lots of the mods!!!

Just wanna say Much Thanks to Liam and the other guys, sorry i have forgotten all your names, but i do remember that others have helped in making the Cheat mod a very welcome and nice sub-mod for lots of the other mods for DH!!!!!:cool::cool::cool: