Darkest Hour - Dev Diary #34 - Patch 1.05

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great news and nice job. There are some features which will be useful in WiF3. Thanks!

I have a question, though. Does the auto-assignment to brigades to land and air units imply that the AI will now be able to assign such brigades to its own units?
I'm looking forward to seeing WiF3 with 1.05 features! :)

Yes, the AI can now assign brigades to its units.

My favorite most probably are the new tool-tips and the auto attachment options. Of course, overall this patch is awesome as always! Thanks to everyone involved and one last thing: I wish you happy playing and modding! :)

PS: I want to ask when this patch will be declared as "stable" in Steam (I'm not saying that at the moment is unstable :D )? Regards.

Yes, the AI can now assign brigades to its units.

This is great news. Be sure I'll use these commands when I'll port the mod to DH 1.05 for the next few days. It also calls for a new question: does it affect AI build scheme? I mean, will the AI be able to build land and air brigades as "standalones" to attach them to existing divisions, or only by attaching them through divisions being built?

will the AI be able to build land and air brigades as "standalones" to attach them to existing divisions, or only by attaching them through divisions being built?
Yes, you can build brigades as standalone (or create them in events) and the AI will assign them.

Does it change something for brigade preferences in AI files?
No, as far as I know. If I am not wrong that it used only for building divisions. Auto-attachment, if I am not wrong, uses the "value" field of units and brigades types.

PS: I want to ask when this patch will be declared as "stable" in Steam (I'm not saying that at the moment is unstable :D )? Regards.

Most probably before the end of this year.

This is great news. Be sure I'll use these commands when I'll port the mod to DH 1.05 for the next few days. It also calls for a new question: does it affect AI build scheme? I mean, will the AI be able to build land and air brigades as "standalones" to attach them to existing divisions, or only by attaching them through divisions being built?

Yes, you can build brigades as standalone (or create them in events) and the AI will assign them.

To extend the answer, the AI will not start building attachments on its own (as it does for units), but there're two new commands that can be used in AI events:

Code:
type = build_brigade value = [brigade type] when = XXX cost = x.xx where = [days for 1st]    # This command requires MP for each brigade it adds to the queue. So if you don't have enough MP one or more (even all) of the units could not be added to the production queue.
        - when = XXX    # Sets serial line XXX items long.
        - cost = x.xx     # Sets starting cost. Note that this cost will be changed automatically for players to match correct cost and for the AI if it is higher then the correct cost! If set to negative (-0.2), then the cost will be fixed for players too (set to 0.2) and for AI countries this unit will be inserted on top of the build queue instead of being appended at the bottom.
        - where = XXX    # Sets days till completion of the first item. Note that it cannot be bigger then default completion time of 1 item!

type = add_brigade value = [brigade type] when = model # Creates a brigade into deployment pool
    type = remove_division which = [div id type/-1] value = [div id id]            # Remove a division from the scenario. -1 is a random division (the value field will be ignored).
    type = remove_division which = "Exact Name" value = [country tag]            # Remove a named division from the scenario (for a certain country.)
    type = damage_division which = [div id type/-1] value = [div id id] where = X        # where = Percent of Max Strength. Negative value is strength gain. Division could end with strength between 0 and Max Strength.
    type = damage_division which = "Exact Name" value = [country tag] where = X            # Damage a named division for a certain country. where = Percent of Max Strength. Negative value is strength gain. Division could end with strength between 0 and Max Strength.
    type = disorg_division which = [div id type/-1] value = [div id id] where = X        # where = Percent of Max Strength. Negative value is org gain.
    type = delete_unit which = [unit id type/-1/-2/-3] value = [unit id id]         # -1 is a random land unit -2 random naval unit -3 random air unit (value will be ignored).
    type = switch_allegiance which = [unit id type/-1] value = [unit id id]    where = [country tag]    # -1 is a random land unit -2 random naval unit -3 random air unit (value will be ignored).
    type = scrap_model which = [div type] value = [model]                    # Make a model obsolete (no longer possible to build).
    type = lock_division which = [id type] value = [id id]                     # Lock this division (it may no longer move.)
    type = unlock_division which = [id type] value = [id id]                 # Unlock this division (it may now move.)
    type = new_model which = [division or brigade type] value = [The model number] }     # New models updates the current template for a division or brigade type.
    type = activate_unit_type which = [division or brigade type] }                 # Make a division or brigade type available for construction.
    type = deactivate_unit_type which = [division or brigade type] }             # Make a division or brigade type unavailable for construction.
    type = carrier_level value = XXX.XX    #country-independent bonus to every carrier into a naval combat (Bonus = (OurCarrierLevel - TheirCarrierLevel) / 10 ). Specified value replaces currently used (it is not additive command). By default this value for all countries is 0.0 (and so the bonus is 0%).

Last edited:
Gog patch coming? Also, i noticed that you all provided 60 new tags. Thank you VERY much! I believe it was stated the amount was for the time being. Are there plans to include even more tags?

THANKS AGAIN

Thank you DH team!

Now, you deserve a break. Maybe even watching a movie?
IOa9IT0.jpg