Darkest Hour - Dev Diary #29 - A Peek Inside the World of Mod Integration

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Erf isn't there any way to get an English version? Otherwise, I am afraid it won't help much. I don't know if Limith speaks Japanese though.

The events are well sorted and each event file has a list on the top, so it is not hard to understand the contents with a basic translator in internet, though I have to agree that it takes some hours.

Bestmajor made a Japanese improvement mod for AOD, but think it only adds new leaders and leader pictures. (link)

Erf isn't there any way to get an English version? Otherwise, I am afraid it won't help much. I don't know if Limith speaks Japanese though.
No I don't, but I can run it through an auto translator or ATLAS. My computer is in JAP locale to run a (fan English patched) game that only runs in JAP locale, so there shouldn't be too much problems in reading the text. The link seems to be broken to me though in China, so I'll see if I can visit it through a VPN. There's enough info on the Taisho Democracy wiki page as it is for tons of events even without a translation of event text.
There is also a Chinese improvement mod that works on an unofficial Chinese port of the game as well which is supposedly well developed, but I dunno. Not sure I need to look through that since I already know the Chinese viewpoint.

Last edited:
No I don't, but I can run it through an auto translator or ATLAS. My computer is in JAP locale to run a (fan English patched) game that only runs in JAP locale, so there shouldn't be too much problems in reading the text. The link seems to be broken to me though in China, so I'll see if I can visit it through a VPN. There's enough info on the Taisho Democracy wiki page as it is for tons of events even without a translation of event text.
There is also a Chinese improvement mod that works on an unofficial Chinese port of the game as well which is supposedly well developed, but I dunno. Not sure I need to look through that since I already know the Chinese viewpoint.

it's times like this i wish i knew Japanese :D