Darkest Hour - Dev Diary #22 - Countries Release and Rebel Systems

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
rebels still require all provinces in minimum = {…} list to be controlled by them to create the country and at least one province must be controlled for at least for at least XXX days (set in misc.txt – this was hard-coded to 3 months);

Too much at least. And this isn't the only mistake

1. we do not need events anymore to recreate post-war countries, the automatic release of nations can take care of that on its own;
2. rebels are stronger now (infantry, latest models, organization regain, revolts spreading to neighbouring provinces, etc.);
3. all is 100% moddable and fully optional. as always;

Nice DD. Little things that make games perfect.

1. we do not need events anymore to recreate post-war countries, the automatic release of nations can take care of that on its own;

But where still would be Versailles, Potsdam and so on events, amirite?

Great stuff!
Although I have a feeling, that there is to many options, factors and commands and it all could be more simplified, I hope it will not affect performance too much, but rather provide max of HoI 2 experience.

All i'm going to say is performance is NOT an issue with Darkest Hour.
Quite the opposite actually... :D

Yes, all European countries have communist shadow countries. ;)

Can a country switch to its communist TAG as a result of a coup/dramatic slider changes? Or is it reserved as a Soviet puppet?

Why has Soviets spreaded their armies around occupied Europe, isnt that very ineffective? Like Italy is still kicking and Germany has last strongholds in France.

Speaking of rebels, are there still rebels-free provinces in Africa and Asia? Although it may seem negligible, I've always found odd that Afghanistan, Etiopia or Indonesia had a 0% revoltrisk, and it would surely come in handy for any Cold War or Modern Day mods.

Maybe they landed, but got pushed back? ;)

there are huge stacks in Britain. If they really landed in France, it should be quite weak landing.I think that while Soviets streamrolling Polish and German territory, Allies should be able to launch successful invasion in Western Europe. Even in HOI2, AI was able to launch very weak invasions ( which were generally pushed back) when Soviets began to liberate Eastern Europe.

There is no Operation Husky either.

Yes, it's surprising that Italy still controls most of its territory while the beach garrisons seem to be rather weak and the Soviets are kicking in from the north. I see plenty of opportunities for invasions in the Balkans (Greece!), Sicily and other regions in southern Italy or UNDEFENDED Corsica. The UK has enough troops (look at those stacks in its homeland). Maybe the Axis sunk Allied transport fleets? Or maybe the amphibious AI is still weak?