• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(59851)

General Secretary
Aug 13, 2006
Dar al-Islam
The House of Submission​
"How long, my brothers? How long will we sit here, content to be ruled from Baghdad by those who do not acknowledge Allah? They would rather pretend that there is no god, but we know that there is no god but God, and Mohammed is his prophet. We must rise up against these infidels! And when we are the masters, we will rule bismillah--in the name of Allah!"

Abu Bakr, Mecca, 1930

The following is an excerpt from Brother Against Brother: The Arabian Civil War by M. Clancy:

. . . World War One, two countries pulled out of the war because of civil strife: the Russian Empire and the Ottoman Empire. The Russian Civil War eventually led to the creation of the Soviet Union, a communist state. The Ottoman Civil War between the Turks and the Arabs led to the creation of two states: the Republic of Turkey, and the Arab Federation.

The Arab Federation was a republic built on secularism. This angered much of the Muslim-majority population. As a result, the Federation never truly had control of Arabia, as the tribes deep within the Arabian Desert would not listen to this secular government.

When the Great Depression reached Arabia in 1929, the amount of people in rebel groups grew exponentially. These groups were at first scattered and few, but Abu Bakr, the leader of the group "Dar al-Islam" united them under the banner of radical Islam. As the groups grew and grew closer, eventually they were strong enough that Bakr began to plan the overthrow of the government. His plans were put into action in 1933, when the Arabian Civil War began.

The Arab Federation fought Dar al-Islam in this take-no-prisoners, winner-takes-all war. Dar al-Islam took control of the Arabian Desert almost immediately, as well as some cities in the north, and the two sides fought viciously over three years, until those loyal to the Federation fled into exile and the country of Dar al-Islam came into being (see Fig. 1).

DaI-11.jpg

Fig. 1​

This country was ruled from Baghdad, which had been built by the ancient Caliphs to be the capital of the Muslim world. To rule this country, he created a cabinet of loyal and faithful Muslims, and they would rule with an iron fist (see Fig. 2).

DaI-12.jpg

Fig. 2​

In Arabic, the Muslim world was known as Dar al-Islam, which is why Abu Bakr chose it as the name of first his rebel group, then his nation. It literally means "the House of Islam," or "the House of Submission," and it was almost entirely true that Arabia was this house, as most of the Muslim world was ruled by secular states or from Europe. Bakr claimed all of this land in the name of Dar al-Islam, and vowed that all of this and more would be his before long. . .

DaI-13.jpg

This is my third AAR, and I hope it will be my most successful so far. It is based on a country I created, Dar al-Islam, and I will attempt to unite the Muslim world and more.

Two "Fans of the Week" are helping me with this AAR:
  • Bbcrackmonkey is writing some narratives that connect to the storyline and add a personal face to the AAR
  • SEG-CISR makes maps of the world and specific areas to show the reader what the political/military situation is
It will follow the basic style of "Pieces of the Motherland," with a few changes. Fore example, the quote won't always be dialogue between two specific people. Sometimes it will be dialogue, sometimes it will be from a speech, and it won't always be by the same person. After the quote will be the excerpt from a Western-style history book.

I will have this rule in regard to non-Muslim land: after I have controlled it for a significant amount of time and it is realistic that enough of the population would convert, then I will add cores to signify that land becoming Muslim and, thus, part of Dar al-Islam.

I hope you will enjoy.

Index

UPDATES
Companion Narratives by bbcrackmonkey​
1. The House of Submission (11-03-2007)
2. First Expansions (12-03-2007) 3. Second Expansions--And Second Thoughts (14-03-2007)
4. The Islamo-Soviet War (23-03-2007) 5. After the Soviets (30-03-2007)
6. Iberia, We Shall Return (04-04-2007) 7. Into the West (11-04-2007)
8. Iberic Struggles (26-4-2007)
9. Global Wars (19-5-07)
10. War on the Continent (21-5-07)
11. Tours Awaits (23-5-07)
12. [URL=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6972865&postcount=348]Before the Storm (28-5-07)

13. Saladin (30-5-07)
14. Glorious Peace (1-6-07)
14.5 World Map from 10-1-42 (compliments of SEG-CISR, 7-6-07)
15. The Eurasian Pact (9-6-07)
15.5 World Map from 16-1-43 (by SEG-CISR, 9-6-07)
16. The World at War (27-6-07)
17. The Fall of a Chrisitan Power (3-8-07)

Last edited:
Woa! Greats embitions, and good luck with your project. I'll be following, it seem very interesting. A small question: why don't use the Arab flag? Iranian one is cool too.

P.S. Is it possible to get the list of all your national provinces?

yeah the Saudi flag I think would fit better considering the arab writing on it, the sword etc - that flag is pretty "western" - but very exciting starting grounds - gotta follow this...

Yay! U wish you luck! I like your earlier writings, must this be as good as your previous.

Deus Vult.;)

Oy vey, an Arab AAR. I'll be looking at this one with a vengance :eek: :D

But seriously, nice start. You could've added cores down the East African Coast, and more in the Malay Peninsula, as if you needed more land :wacko:

You've got my attention. :)

Very nice start.

Wow!

That's a lot of cores.
But it looks interesting so far.

Good AAR, and good luck!

I like the look of this, Arabian stuff is always good. Quite creative and nicely done. I await an update.

Interesting. Good luck and all.